Should I buy a 2014 Jetta TDI with 4,000 miles for $16,000...

Should I buy a 2014 Jetta TDI with 4,000 miles for $16,000? Or should I stay away because of all the diesel cheating shit VW did? I don't see how that would affect me because my state doesn't have emissions testing for diesels, but at the same time I don't want to have to pay a fine or something down the road if that changes.

>Should I buy a 2014 Jetta TDI
stopped reading there.
no
don't buy a VW
ever

>VW
>V
>W
>used VW

Yeah but 700 miles per tank is really really appealing.

About every modern/semi-modern diesel, of about 2L size, is capable of this. My -04 Mercedes C 220 CDI does 700 to 750 miles per tank on highway.

Yeah but where else am I going to find a like new diesel engine for $16,000?

You should not buy a VW. Ever.

Fuck, you shouldn't even accept a free VW.

I couldn't be paid to drive a VAG product.

>VAG
>used VAG
>used VAG diesel
>used VAG diesel for 16 grand

why

Hhhhmmm, didnĀ“t cross my mind that the US market gets so few diesel models.

>2014
>diesel
if you need to ask you know jack shit about cars. stay the fuck away.

If the 100% exactly same Jetta was branded Chevrolet or Ford that would be as popular as Crown Vic in its best times.
> mpgs
> reliability, still
> bare is cheap
> plain instead of common angry look

The US VW meme is unbelievably stupid. At the same time, OP, their prices should have already sunk down due to the NOx thing. Look for cheaper examples, there should be lots of them now.

>reliability
>>VW
>mpgs
>>on a Diesle passenger car
lol it's a cuck car

>lol it's a cuck car
Obviously, it's a VW.

VW a shit, but emissions are the enemy of performance
>VW did nothing wrong
>VW did nothing wrong
>VW did nothing wrong

We've got a '11 TDI Jetta and for around 40Liters we get ~1000km. The car does the job. If youre looking for a good commuter, Id probably do it.

In 5 years of owning it Ive had no reliability problems.

Right now diesel costs the same around me as regular gasoline. How long do you guys think that will last?

Manuel or dsg?

DSG

I hear the engines are good but the transmissions are shit. How true is this?

Kill yourself.

>Yeah but 700 miles per tank is really really appealing.
Tons of diesels achieve this. Even stronger engines or decade olds.

Y-you too.

Friend has passat tdi, and it is pretty nice.

This is true to a certain extent. The manuals are plagued with clutch slave cylinder failures, but minus that are bulletproof.

The DSG is probably the best automatic transmission VW has made in the last 20 years, but it is quirky. The clutch packs are wet, meaning live in the transmission fluid. Because of this, the transmission fluid has to be serviced more often, because its getting clutch material deposited into it. VW recommends every 40k, but a lot of owners overlook this. I've seen mk5 DSGs with over 200k, but they tend to be wonky, hating starting on hills or in gravel especially. But they work; don't blow up.

My mom has a 2013 jetta TDI DSG. She has nearly 100k on it already. It's been flawless so far.

Again though. This is a modern, german, turbocharged diesel. If you aren't prepared for high cost of maintenance (an oil change with the proper stuff will cost you $60 in parts alone) then this isn't the car for you.

If you drive lots of highway miles, and plan to keep the car past 150k miles, maybe a TDI is for you.