/hou/- Game Day

Previously on /hou/

Bring us your humble, your meek, your huddled masses of shitboxes, yearning to be free. Whether ye be poor, or an aristocrat on high, welcome here ye be.

The meet is happening on Friday (July 15th 2016), we will be meeting outside of Dave & Busters at I-10 Frontage Road and Silber. It's the same location as the Fast and Furious meet. Meet time is 8pm. Some of you are concerned about the distance, but it's pretty much the same going from Dave & Busters to 149.

THE NEWS:

- MAIN MEET FRIDAY THE 15TH, 8 PM AT DAVE AND BUSTERS@ SILBER ROAD

- We are taking the "Possum Walk" varation of the SHNF area. Map will be reposted

- Artwork for the Night Wave name is still being experimented with

- Two T-Shirt designs are out, if bought in bulk will cost $15 a piece, see upcoming posts for reposts of the designs.

- If you want die, go to Jasper

Links:

New to /hou/ or want some updates? Add yourself into the roster if you haven't already.
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g8SQlAr_V43jeOt92yPrh0GXDmMcI2SYGbm3xP-XJkM/edit#gid=0

Missed out on the meet? Check out the pictures then.
>dropbox.com/sh/9kqqo9iawlhqq0h/AADG1-wnZGAv22PqzoB4zZX4a?dl=0

Looking to play some vidya? Join our steam group
>steamcommunity.com/groups/houstonchan

Make sure you download the app "Zello" and join the H/o/u group.
This is our form of communication when on the road, it's a walkie talkie app for iPhone and Android.

>zello.com/channels/k/enuwI

Follow us on instagram
>instagram.com/hwatracing/

Remember, /hou/ strong, /hou/ family.

Other urls found in this thread:

alexanderlozada.com/iasip/?IlRoZSBHYW5nIEdvZXMgRm9yIGEgUG9zc3VtIFdhbGsi
amazon.com/Arestech-Multi-function-Vehicle-Mounted-produced-countries/dp/B00VHSFG1M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Reporting in.

Thoughts? Scanner radio on googleplay

alexanderlozada.com/iasip/?IlRoZSBHYW5nIEdvZXMgRm9yIGEgUG9zc3VtIFdhbGsi

Our standardized possum walk map. Save it to your mobile and you are computer

T shirt no 1

cute and kek

y-you too

7/10, would wear

No 2

OG design from carl

Texas is a one-party state, meaning only one person present in a conversation has to consent to recording.

Going.

In like harden

Post a pic.

It's the one I use and have posted before. Only reason I don't run it in tandem with Zello is because I only have one device with data.

every tiem

Post pic or name/trip up

7/10? You've got some high standards. Looks better than most of the shirts I already own.

I need to take more pictures now that I've got plates and whatnot.

80% sure I'm coming tomorrow.

29 hours to go.

Aoh yeah, it's Audifag!

>filename

Kek. Also, remember to install Zello. We secretly (openly) hate anyone who's not on comms because it complicates things.

Anytime i talk on zello the scanner app exits and reopens to what i was listening to before i talked on zello. Pretty sure the same thing happens whenever i receive a message on zello. Im about to get my other phones up and running so i can multi task. Have zello on my main phone. Have a scanner running on my web phone, and have maps etc running on my back up phone

Pic related,the scanner app while using zello

>tfw all future hou cars will be equipped with tri-screens for max utility

feelsgood.jpg

Is there an aftermarket version of this?

no thanks, it's like you're begging to be either filled with ads and useless shit or being hacked.

something like this?

amazon.com/Arestech-Multi-function-Vehicle-Mounted-produced-countries/dp/B00VHSFG1M

>zello is clean
>scanner app is clean

dont see a problem as long as oreilly keeps pumping out that lifetime supply of alternators.

I'm going to try to make the meet, I might be hilariously overdressed because I'll be coming from an appointment. I probably won't go driving because I have another appointment early sat morning.

Pic of brick?

So, last call, are we doing anything else? Battlefield Houston was thrown around but nothing was finalized.

nah save it for next meet
I'm at the office rn

I doubt we will even have time, by the time we get done it might be 12am, not sure what will be open at that time.

k, coo'

This'll be like the first meet where it's purely driving, plus a stop at Whataburger.

>implying it wont already be 1-2 the morning when we are ready to just begin the drive back to Houston

Wouldn't really be a night wave otherwise.

>back to being gs400nitro

ayy

This is my old phone im using. :( Tbh i can hookup my dry kit in about half an hour if i leave off the purge valve. pls stop gibbing ideas.

>Working on a NIGHT WAVE song

but why?

A fucking men /rng/

Because every story needs a soundtrack.

Why not?

Some more pics from fiesta

>tfw clearing storage on my phone for ebin pics

Will it be called night.wav?

Ill be there, with my boso pipes spewing oil unto it's own bumper.

pix

Ill post it later tonight when I fill it with 4 quarts.

Hehe, I'll think about it

We need that insanely loud exhaust to warn other cars a mile ahead that we are approaching

Im not gonna lie i like those boso pipes the mexican trucker s have where its like a dual slash cut muffler tip pointing at the floor

That's what GS400 is for. Can't even hear my own 1uz because of that guy.

I vote that e36 m3 gets an electric cutout

Draculas excalibur too because 454 hitlermobile

Pic for roster, Mugen?

So any volunteers for cruiser leader(s)?

GS, do you have the glow sticks ready?

Any volunteers for caboose/overwatch?

H-town repping on speedhunters

I gonna go get five of those glow sticks i got last time from academy. That tomb raider shit. We need to hang the glow stick from a very visible location. A small problem i had last meet was with people behind me and not knowing if they were with us or not. Ill hang mine from my rear tow hook kek

>stancehunters

>speedhunters
It's time for hwatracing to replace them

British Engineering here, I won't be able to make the run. A friend's coming in from out of town for the last time in a long time. I'll be able to make the meet at D&Bs, but not the run.

But the cruisers are still my people, so I want to make sure they're set up in my absence. Most important thing is that you have to remember to know your group before you get to the meet. If you're a racer, go with the racers. If you're a cruiser, wait until the cruiser group leaves. Don't feel pressured into going along with one or the other. You've also got to stick to the speed limit or at most 10 over. If you don't want to go Sanic, don't go Sanic. Ideally, the cruisers are a convoy that can pass any country lawman and wave at him without him turning on his disco lights. Those two are the big ones. As long as the cruisers pick a lead car so they know which pack they're in, you'll be golden. Having a printout of the route that you can check in a pinch helps too.

If you don't want to gamble your car doing shit you're not comfortable doing, it's all good. The stakes are too high for you to fuck around if you're not up for it. Veeky Forums or no, it's always better to see your car safe in your driveway at the end of the night than it is to see it being pulled onto a flatbed.

Why not use different glow sticks, hang them from the trunk, one color for the racer group, another color for cruisers. Just an idea

This is what I propose, we have a cat and mouse chase. The cruisers will leave first and after 10-15 minutes, the speeders will then go after the cruisers. Since the speeders will already be going fast, it won't matter to them whether go first or last. Might as well have some more fun this way.

Terrible idea; that just leads to an awkward series of passing risks.

Assuming that I get done with work in time Friday, I'll be happy to lead the cruisers; though, if someone else would rather, I won't object.

Green for lead/speed, red for follow/cruise?

Oh and we can also have like 4 rounds, considering we have 4 checkpoints. The team with the highest score will win, unless a tie.

Maybe, but if the speeders are already taking a risk going fast, perhaps passing is not too much of an issue.

>passing risks
>on the expressway

Same as any other time you'd pass any other car on the highway.

>expressway
We're talking about on the run. A unlit windy two-lane.

drac please come i will wait for you senpai

Then fuck that, that area's already killed one of us, there's no need to heighten the risk of an already inherently risky course under risky circumstances (night).

dagumi a resurrect though

He's a phoenix, every time he rises from the ashes he becomes new and improved.

yea something like that

I thought I knew what love felt like before and there will never be a feeling better than that, then I met /hou/.

So are we going to hang at D&B for a bit or are we just headed straight out at 8?

From the old thread.
>silver 07, i just rolled 43k
F22c engine, should be a bit better with oil on vtec and such. If you're missing oil, its becuase someone didnt fill it up, or its horribly broken
>no sir i did not
GOOD MAN! the diffs on these cars car be picky.
>no problems, drive was great, besides the traffic, people up there drive like retards
Gotta love normal traffic
>no oil as in none on the dipstick, then i added 4 quarts to get it to register, then i cried
If the car had been running for a while before you measured, you probably wont have an oil on the stick. Let the car sit for 30 minutes or so and then check the oil level. It might even be overfilled at this point.
>no i have not done anything since i put the oil in
This is good if you think there is an issue. I can dirrect you to the "s2k mechanic shop" in hou if you'd like. Guys pretty much the 2nd best s2k mechanic i know.

>no warranty, but i emailed the guy then my father talked to him since i was working
>he said maybe they didnt put enough oil in it, cuz that has happened before
>told us they would cover our time and gas to bring it up there, but i want to stay local

>this has been most upsetting to me and i really hope they cover there costs i feel like either they didnt top it off with oil or it burned 4 quarts in 4-500 miles either way they had to be in the wrong
I wouldnt let you bum you out to much. This car is just slightly different than a normal honda when it comes to maintenance so a lot of the "quick lube" techs at honda dealers dont fix everything right.

there are a few things you could check if you'd really want. Mainly head gasket leaking/oil around the head. Drain the oil and check the filter and in the head. manually turn the crank and see if anything "ticks" or "rubs" and finally you can unplug and re plug the vtec solenoid because that magically fixes like 50% of problems with vtec and this car.

It depends on so many things, maybe we can do a short Daytona Race but we'll need to leave exactly at 9 maximum because it will take an hour to get there. I'll be there around 7:20 or so, if you want to do some D&B then come early.

Why the fuck would we leave RIGHT at 8:00?

For one, we've never done that before, we allow time for latecomers, and two, we established that as the time to meet, not depart, so you'll have people, including me, who won't arrive UNTIL 8.

What's the rush?

I said 9 not 8 you mongoloid. 8PM is the damn meeting time.

This post you triple nigger.

>replies to two posts
>only talks about one

kek, fucking retard

>responding to the post that's responding to the same subject

I guess that would be considered retarded in your eyes. Sorry I included you.

It say 9 at a maximum though so i guess the mong thought we were planning on leaving before 9. Kek we have left past 9 the last two meets why wouldn't we now?

That's what I was saying. Who's disagreeing?

did some one call for glowsticks?

are they all green?

Yes, that was the only color they had

>F22c engine, should be a bit better with oil on vtec and such. If you're missing oil, its becuase someone didnt fill it up, or its horribly broken
thats what ive read, ill definitely be checking a lot more now
>GOOD MAN! the diffs on these cars car be picky.
ive heard this too, but i dont understand how. like they just blow up? ive read a lot about not putting CRV diff oil in there
>Gotta love normal traffic
these people were braindead retards, nothing normal. everyone stayed in the left lane and the right lane seemed to be for fast folks. so irritating
>If the car had been running for a while before you measured... Let the car sit for 30 minutes...It might even be overfilled
thats a good point but i checked it today and it seemed to be right where it should be and where i left it
>I can dirrect you to the "s2k mechanic shop"
this would be absolutely great

im not trying to do anything if the dealership is going to cover it. im gonna let them do there thing and keep a watchful eye on them and ask all about what they are doing and what they did

its really been pure torture having this car in my driveway and not being able to drive it, everytime i go near it idk it seems like its tainted and i cant look at it

Them's the strong ones? Most standard party sticks aren't bright enough.

GOD DAMN

So I didn't die on my way to New Orleans but I did come home to all of my things being packed up in boxes on the front door

I spent like the last two weeks homeless and I finally got a place but now I can't afford food

But I do have a full tank of gas and I might even be able to make it tomorrow. I thought I wouldn't be able to due to the, you know, homelessness, but hay, I figured it out

Also, does anyone have any furniture for sale/donation? I need like a desk and a chair and probably a bed and mattress

also what have I missed in the last two weeks -- anything fun?

6" pretty bright desu you can seek your way around with them if its too dark to see

The UV flashlight I ordered arrived to day. As best I can tell, the compressor is not the source of my massive refrigerant leak as I previously thought. Instead, it appears to be a hose behind the bottom of the radiator.

Who all has the equipment for AC work?

>thats what ive read, ill definitely be checking a lot more now
they dont burn oil like the f20, but there's a bit. It shouldnt be enough that you need to add anything between oil changes
>ive heard this too, but i dont understand how. like they just blow up? ive read a lot about not putting CRV diff oil in there
the teeth on the diff are really weak compared to other LSDs. No idea why, its just kinda how they are. One bad launch and you can rip all the teeth off
>these people were braindead retards, nothing normal. everyone stayed in the left lane and the right lane seemed to be for fast folks. so irritating
left lane for passing online. Or soccer mom on the phone.
>thats a good point but i checked it today and it seemed to be right where it should be and where i left it
should be good then man! Just check that vtec plug and such and make sure its all good there.
>this would be absolutely great
facebook com/CCTrackTime/
yelp com/biz/tracktime-performance-houston

>fucking spam prevention

They're back open now and Curt is like THE s2k guy fro this area of the nation. Also does great working getting cars ready for the track. he ONLY works on sports cars and racing cars.

Dont feel like the car's tainted man. they act up sometimes. Remember ive been though 3 engines with mine!

Herbie lives.

The glow stick is the only thing remotely visible in my unliy drive way. The glow stick is on the hook of my gs. The faint shine to the right is my neon parked there