I would like to have a car that I can offroad in, while still being an acceptable dd, and somewhat decent fuel economy...

I would like to have a car that I can offroad in, while still being an acceptable dd, and somewhat decent fuel economy. I was thinking of XJ, but the fuel economy is pretty bad isn't it. How about 4d Vitara, is it good offroad? I know Jeep has crazy amount of 3rd party offroad parts available, does Suzuki have any?

here you go OP

what is your idea of offroad? an escape is a great daily but has no low range

Well nothing super serious like rock climbing or deep mud. Maybe some nature trails, snow, sand.

any subaru wagon

They 4 door sidekicks pale in comparison to the 2 door models also
>soft top for the summer
>hard top for the winter
Das it mane

Yeah, the Vitaras are just as capable as an XJ. As long as it fits everything you'd want to take on a camping trip.
They ain't a bad DD either.

The V6 has a pretty small displacement for a 6cyl, mpgs might not be as good as you'd think.
Much better than a Xj still, mpg wise.

depending on how much offroading you do, this guy is correct.
Get an Outback or Forester, or a Legacy/Impreza with Forester springs. Make sure it's a manual, engines smaller than the 2.5 have no headgasket issues plus they likely come with low range.

get a 2006 nissan x-trail with AWD, this exact one isn't mine but I dd one, they go for pretty cheap with low milage, parts are super cheap and are bretty reliable, definitely reccomend

>165hp v6
>22mpg
>Fairly light for an SUV
>4x4
>Good reviews
Fuck i might go buy one

Get a Isuzu

>get a worse vehicle

[citation needed]

not the v6. its thristy for a v6 drinks like a v8. you can still buy a XJ but will have to covert it to run straight propane or take extra fuel with you... bits to make the vitara (geo metro) more 4wd accessible are availble but you will have to scour the web. they are still used in aus and nz to get to some of their less accessible areas.

22mpg isnt V8
Its not a geo metro at all.
You have no clue what youre saying.

v8 can do 30mpg now. do know what talking about

>compairing a $50k vehicle to a $3000 vehicle
Stfu

There's a couple of us Tracker/Sidekick guys, but most of the aftermarket Suzuki stuff is for the Samurai.

Goes anywhere just fine, and has aftermarket stuff, though less variety (where jeep has five brands making the same accessory, you have one or two for a vitara) but you pay the same price for it as you would on something more expensive. So $300 fender flares seem cheap on a 2016 Wrangler, but less so on a twenty year old subcompact SUV. This goes for lifts, custom bumpers, tires, and the rest. Good mileage and fun to drive though. Super light and short so goes places more like an ATV than a truck.

Dead simple mechanically and dead reliable. I've never even seen one in a junkyard from mechanical failure, just accidents where it got totaled.

So a real good choice for cheap fun, but I wouldn't go sinking thousands of dollars extra into it for air lockers and shit.

I've got a totally stock WJ that I've been able to do all of that with. Surprisingly capable. Mpgs suck on the v8 4wd, I'm getting 16 mixed.

Isuzu is top tier desu