ITT: Car memes you refuse to fall for

>BMWs are reliable and easy to maintain

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/yTs3G_46sXo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>I can't afford the proper tools and proper literature to fix a known luxury car

>Waaaah Its too hard to fix

Someones mad about BMWs

Lets keep it to the other thread

>German engineering
in general

>I want to fix a german car with walmart supplies!
>I bought this BMW for 2500 with 350k miles on it! Its never gonna break down right? I probably doesnt even need oil changes!

I've owned:

2002 540iT
2003 M5
2000 540iT
2008 535xiT
2000 540iT (bought above car back)
1998 750iL
2008 760iL
2001 750iL

The more recent cars are a bit annoying because of the electronics, but the E38's/E39's are easy as hell.

tl;dr - Sucks to be you...

>BMW
>luxury
pick one.

>le FCA = shit meem

Fucking yuropoors

I've owned:
1994 316i coupe
1995 318i
1996 323i
1999 328ci
2003 325i
2003 730d
2004 525d
And a 2004 Mercedes E class and a 2003 Audi A4
Never spent more than 150 euros on a single repair on any of my bimmers
BMWs are very tough and reliable cars
You can even do maintenance and basic repairs on newer models like the E65, but yeah electronics can be too sophisticated on the newer models because optical cables

>E38's are easy as hell
Somehow, I find that hard to believe.
Like, I'm sure it's not impossible to fix or maybe even particularly hard as far as V12 cars go, but it's still a V12 with 2 ECUs and shit.

what fuck is that?
youtu.be/yTs3G_46sXo

The M73 generally uses a pair of BOSCH Motronics ECU's, yes. But the engine itself is dead simple. SOHC, 24V, and a traditional distributor.

It's really not that difficult.

No doubt. Isn't stuff a bitch and a half to get to though?

I know next to nothing about these cars but V12s are a bit of a red flag to me, and I recall hearing that E38s have pretty complicated (and somewhat failure-prone) electronics too.

Not really, with the following exceptions:

1 - Plugs for 11 & 12 are very hard to get to
2 - Ignition wires are fragile, so be gentle
3 - Vacuum hoses degrade with time

My '01 is undergoing a ground up rebuild (5.4 to 6.0 overbore, SC, 5HP30 to 6HP28, trans tunnel modification for 6HP28, strip to bare metal for dip and re-paint, new interior, NBT nav, E60 M5 HUD)

But instead of buying a new car, I'm building what I want. Putting 40-60K into it is fine for me.

If you want to know more about E38 maintenance and such e38.org is a great place to read.

Damn now I want an E38. Thanks for the info.

>season tires

lmao

Miata
Is
Always
The
Answer

There, I said it.

I love my E36 M3
>cheap to buy, cheap to upkeep
>godly sounding N/A inline six
>rwd
>manual
>50/50 weight balance
>comfy cruiser
>track ready
>huge online community
>huge aftermarket
>perfect pedal placement for heel&toe
>perfect seating position
>timeless looks
How does one not fall for the BMW meme? They're literal god machines, most of them at least.

> Making bold claims when you have no first hand evidence.

I can almost guarantee you've never even driven one that wasn't completely shot.

Also, I refuse to fall for the honda meme in general, or the boxer engine with subarus. Honda's are only considered more reliable than toyota or any other japanese brand (except mitsubishi's) in the u.s. Every other country ranks honda as lower than most other jap brands. And I don't fall for the 'fun to drive', 'good handling' or 'fast' hype either.

Boxers are shit engines, unless done right under specific circumstances. The reason why only subaru and porsche still use them is because subaru is clinging to a wet dream of being rally lord and making the best performance family cars. Porsche use boxers in the 991 and 718 (other cars are variants of these) because of tradition, and because they are probably the best auto maker in the world for pure engineering, the boxer works for them because it goes with the lightness of their sports cars, and they've had decades and billions of dollars to perfect it. They don't even use it in their other cars, the 918 (one of the supercar greats and their best car ever made from a technical perspective) uses a v8.

>GM Cars are unreliable
Well German built ones modded by aussies with a GM USA LS1 is reliable as all fuck