V O L V O

Lets have a thread about the most sensible and venerable of car manufacturers

>tfw no T5 swapped Amazon to get hektik with

>tfw no 142

red volvos get my heart racing

>you will never live in the 60s picking up your sweetheart in your new Amazon wagon

mine

s'okay, i live in the 90's and I pick up ladies in a turbobrick

Does torque-steer make her moist?

so moist, bro
>also the hektik 2nd gear wheel chirp

benpo

i really think i have the least interesting car on Veeky Forums

b-but its a turbo?

It's nowhere near as uninteresting as the teeth-truck or the ugly Vette.

think so?

problem is, that until a week ago it was everything that i needed. 160 something hp was enough, big boot and decent mileage.

but two days ago, i got to drive on a track for the first drive. It might have only been few laps around a not very long track, and driven in a rented FWD crossover, but this was almost as fun than sex ffs. and all i am thinking about now is how to make the old V40 go faster. maybe its a waste of time trying to make it fast?

fuck, didnt even realized i am blogposting, soz

I didn't like red cars to begin with, but then I got my 940. That car just owns that fucking colour.
>volvo made me love red cars, but only volvos

>maybe its a waste of time trying to make it fast?

It is. Just get an old, small hot hatch and give it good tires. They're usually a real hoot. Put in a cage at some point and it'll be even better.

yeah, youre probs right. i've been looking at Swifts, they seem to be a blast. and they are pretty light. but that is a topic for another thread i suppose

Hello friends

>windows phone

yuss, cheapo Nokia even

and dont let my enthusiasm fool you, its not that good

Buy my Subaru Justy, it's a Suzuki Swift with awd

judging by the layout of your plate, you are in the UK ... gonna be an issue since i live north of the polar circle

Where is your sense of adventure, user?

S60R?

sigh. well i guess you are right. buying a 90s shitbox from someone on 4chanbased on one picture and one suggestion, after a 1000+ mile drive would be an adventure. sadly i am poor. and joining the army soon. one of the reasons i want to keep the V40, its cheapo and can be left in the open without me giving a fuck for a month or two

Yes

I love all those boxy Volvos, what models are the best? I kind of like the 780 but the wagons seem really cool too. They're all pretty rare in Texas, though.

Would it be stupid to get an old Volvo as my first car that I've bought on my own?

>Would it be stupid to get an old Volvo as my first car that I've bought on my own

nah. the bricks are solid machines. just change your oil and do some basic maintainance and they will go forever. 250k miles easily. 500k isnt uncommon. they are retty easy to modify aswell, if you're into that

Greetings again R-bro

how difficult is it to find a manual transmission 900 series in the states

How does it feel to drive the worst swedish cars ever made?
Saab4lyf

Hello pöjkar

how does it feel having to go slower if you want to skid?

jokes aside, worst swedish car ever made would be the tjorven

Hello glopjävel

This is where my volvo seemed to prefer to be

survived without even needing hospital

They were one of the best, it's too bad fuckboi Ford screwed them dry and sold them to the Chinese.
>RIP IN PIECE

il save this thread! bump

those R-rims are glorious

there's a guy dailying his amazon in my town, they're pretty good I guess

this guy doesn't get the fun of wrestling the wheel as the open diff valiantly tries to put 5 cylinders of turbo power to the pavement in a wagon bigger than some suv's. it may be a big understeering boat but damn is it a hoot to hustle a 855 turbo around. I always love it when we're road tripping and get in a scuffle with random sports cars. the volvo is the second funnest car I've owned and only because I have a built hilux that is the scariest thing I have ever driven and is a rush to hustle.

>so. much. cocaine

Torque steer is hektik as fuck

it gets crazy, i gotta put the cocaine chains on at least 6 times a year. awd and ground clearance is for women I say.

Just bought a 1992 240 GLE today. No rust with full service history on Dual Fuel...
for $250
>rekt

i was taught to drive in the winter in an fwd skoda, so get around rather well with my V40, even if i dont have to bring out snowchains or anything like that. Then again, i live in a 1m pop city, so it usually ploughed where i want to go. then again, getting to the country house does get exiting somethimes

Anyone know anything about 740gle? One near me and I pass it everyday before work, wondering if they're reliable/fun

I wish I knew the year, it's boxy as fuck, assuming early 90s

You guys have no idea how much I want one of these

Thanks, going to paint the calipers dark blue or grey.
for (you)

All of the x40 bricks are reliable and hektik as fuck, especially the turbo models.

The 740 was made from 1982 to 1992.

hasn't failed in the slightest for the 4ish months I've had it.

this is my only picture for some reason.

1996 960.

don't know anything about volvos :(

What model is that, i think i saw one for sale in my neighborhood

Looks like an 850R to me.

850r, those are rare.

oh I should also mention it only has 94,000(!) miles on it. impeccable condition, my mechanic was surprised when he inspected it, he said he's never seen a car this old in this good a condition.

there's still rust and stuff, but everything works.

i wasn't that much, should I buy?

If it's an actual R, then YES, DO IT RIGHT NOW.
If it's not an R, see if you can take it for a drive and decide for yourself if you like it enough to buy it.

I'll take a look tomorrow, it looks exactly like that but i won't know about the R until then, is there anything particularly amazing about them?

Depends on alot of stuff, price,miles/km, rust, what services needs to be done. Main ones that is the timing belt and the PCV which is usually neglected

The landboat. '04 s80 t6

There's one of these sitting in my apartment parking lot. It's missing the front grille and I am fairly certain that it doesn't run.

The first car I ever owned.