SRS Light came on and won't come off. Anyone know the possibilities of this issue...

SRS Light came on and won't come off. Anyone know the possibilities of this issue? Don't want to go to a Stealership so I can get lied to and get my pockets raped.

Thanks, it's a 2011 Hyundai Sonata

Not your personal mechanic, faggot

Wondering if anyone has had a similar issue with their vehicle you disgusting filthy piece of fucking dog shit. Thanks for bumping thread though fellow user

No problem, did you check you fluids?

Sounds to me that the issue is the light. Remove the light and problem solved.

Would a simple jackhammer do the trick?

Probably a bad sensor

Doesn't hyundai have like a 10 year warranty or something?

No.
It'll take a crane to get it out.

Not on "wearable items" and I believe sensors fall under that

>hurr durr mechanics want to raep me
Then learn to fix it yourself faggot. Oh wait, you don't want to invest the time to learn like they did. Read reviews on dealerrater if you're so paranoid. Chances are if you got into a wreck right now your airbags wouldn't go off and you die. He'll of a gamble dontcha think?

I cant even count the amount of fixes i already tried. Just want to see if anyone has had a similar experience and had it solved.

Yea, the srs light came on in my 2001 civic a couple years ago and I took it to the dealer and they fixed it under warranty for free.

Stealership =/= mechanic. I read somewhere that it was an issue on a Chrysler in the 90s if you drive in dusty/dirty areas that could coat the sensor. I would have somebody, stealership or otherwise, try to scan to see what the issue is first though. If it's something that doesn't sound possible, maybe it's just dirty or needs replaced.

As a certified Hyundai mechanic, I can safely say that a possible cause for the SRS light illumination is due to a malfunction within the Supplemental Restraint System. Hope this helps, OP.

Are you seriously going to take a chance with your life and ignore your potentially broken airbag system? Take it to the dealor they will have to fix it under warranty.

This

Just made an appointment. I appreciate it anons

Do you know if this is covered under warranty? I'm heading there tomorrow

They're all good, still need to check

Sig heil bon de petit user deu

Anything safety related they have to fix it unless the car is salvaged.

Check under the front seats for a cable that has come loose.

I have the same problem in one of my cars and need to jiggle it back in from time to time.

If you are still around OP:

SRS is tied to a lot of things. Can be the occupancy sensor in the front seats (usually the most common), could be a sensor in the seat belt system (second most common), could be the clock spring in the steering, could be a bad crash sensor, could be a bad relay/short somewhere in the airbag system.

Just find a shop that has a scantool that will pull SRS codes and see what tripped the light

The shitty thing is 99% of the time, even if you fix the problem, you still have to have access to a diagnostic computer to reset the SRS light, so it will require you going back to said shop to have them clear it

Thank you so much longpost, you're a legend. It's pretty much as simple as that, It's the sensor that's going off