Roots superchargers are objectively the best FI, the cheapest and literally a bolt on

Roots superchargers are objectively the best FI, the cheapest and literally a bolt on.

If you don't mind cutting a hole in the hood. Or taking it off altogether. Centrifugal can be easy as fuck to bolt on if there is a lil room in the bay.

There's those new tarbo systems now where the compressor and turbine are way down like past the trans. That shit is crazy. I wonder how the lag is and stuff.

Relieves you from a cramped engine bay, but you have to run a damn 3" pipe all the way back up to an intercooler and intake.

literally the worst you mean

>dont mind cutting a hole in the hood

part of the appeal

>there's tarbo
there's lag and a plumbing license involved

literally the B E S T

most power drain
most weight
least power potential
worst sound

>Or taking it off altogether.
Do it faggot.

>most power drain
literally INCREASES the size of an engine. You can get a 2L Roots and L I T E R A L L Y bolt a honda s2000 to pump air into your engine.

>most weight
marginal, but compare 2 liters from a little hunk of metal to the 2 liters from a full s2000 engine

>least power potention
NO REPLACEMENT
FOR
FREEDOM(DISPLACEMENT)

No hood is best hood

centrifugal supercharger is superior in every way
>higher boost levels
>same instant throttle response
>no heat soak issues
>can use big air to air intercoolers to further reduce inlet temps
>still get to pick your own intake manifold, runner style and length, throttle body, etc.
>better hood clearance

and as far as bolt-ons go, i'd take bolt-on self-learning fuel injection over a big roots blower. holley, msd, fast; there are plenty of options now.

and many are compatible with a draw-through roots, or blow-through centrifugal setup

>higher boost levels
Air flow beats boost every time unless you keep a jet fuel station in your backyard
>can use big air to air intercoolers to further reduce inlet temps
The draw through action of roots on a carb/TBI reduces the temperature of the air by 100 degrees, but you can still intercooled it if you want to.
>still get to pick your own intake manifold, runner style and length, throttle body, etc.
The blower literally is the intake manifold.
>better hood clearance
Who cares

>higher boost levels
less boost than a exhaust driven turbine

>same instant throttle response
same boost curve as a turbo

>no heat soak issues
has cavitation issues instead

>can use big air to air inter-coolers to further reduce inlet temps
a note worthy consideration but fuel atomisation is more important

you kind of have to given the awkwardness of positioning the drive pulleys

>better hood clearance
most of that is lost though air filters rather than the blower its self

worse yet its just as complex as a normal turbo set up in terms of oil management and waste gates

Waste gates.

For a PTO driven supercharger.

Get the fuck out of here.

I just want a big blower sticking out of my hood... that's all.

The only reason I want a roots supercharger over a centrifugal is that it will stick out of the hood.

aye you need them to get more boost

superchargers are for cucks

>If you don't mind cutting a hole in the hood.
Why should that matter?

at that point why even have a hood ?

>small supercharger vs big turbo.

Seems fair

looks.

>remote turbo

kill yourself.