Taking reliability out of the equation, what is the least practical car ever to daily drive?

Taking reliability out of the equation, what is the least practical car ever to daily drive?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hvvb__cOfm4
youtube.com/watch?v=amdlqtEfKdg
rallycars.com/Cars/bangbang.html
youtube.com/watch?v=FVCZHNXAFw4
youtube.com/watch?v=C6PBttBSLuc#t=23s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._Walter_Christie
twitter.com/AnonBabble

probably a mclaren F1

I think it gets like 7mpg in the real world lol

or maybe a tank

Visibility is way too good and it has a decent amount of storage space. Plus it can seat three.

has 3 seats and enough room for luggage for a weekend? not too bad really.

the mr2 spyder is pretty impractical as for a normal car, but abnormal, maybe a caterham 7? morgan 3 wheeler?

Pretty much any super car that NEEDS fancy doors. Think homologation cars like the Benz CLK GTR.

Or if you live in a small European city a Hummer H-1.

Any car purpose built for drag racing.
Any car purpose built for racing, really.

anything with a small luggage compartment
like when you don't even have a spot to jam your winter coat or even a single bag of groceries

the countach has two compartments and you could use the passenger foot well in a jam

Maybe an articulated bus.
Unless you're a bus driver.

Probably something like this

a supra

i love the car, i cannot fault it in any other way apart from when you try and take it to the shops. my god when you do that, fuck that.

>Try and open door
>Cunt parked too close
>Supra doors automatically open a tiny bit up, so they're always leaning back to automatically close with gravity
>You struggle to squeeze through the tiny gap without hitting anyone's car (i'm very fucking skinny, imagine if i was fat)
>Go get your shopping
>No back seats
>No boot space (the boot closes funny, it's hard to explain. Can't have more than 1 bag)
>Have to slide in at a weird sideways angle.

It's fucking annoying. Car's not built for that though so i won't really complain, i guess it would be less of a problem if we did not have tiny parking spaces here either.

>boot

Was gonna say tank too tbqh

I'm aussie mate, that's what we call it here.

>no back seat
Wat

Peel p50

>has bed and lots of space
>enormous hauling capacity
>relatively fuel efficient
Doesn't sound too bad

Back seats were an option in mk4 supras

Even when they were selected they're tiny and you need the front seats all the way forward to fit in anyone taller than 5ft

Saw a nice Supra yesterday, looked and sounded pretty nice. Its licence plate was something like 1T11TT1.

in parts of Italy and Germany the roads are very narrow for something like a ford gt or a Lamborghini Diabo

yea, the supra may come advertised with back seats, let me just say right now...do not try and bring more than one passenger.

it does not have back seats.

worse than tiny.

my skyline gtr has more fucking room, that's how bad it is.

mind you, none of this fucking matters when you are driving with just 1 mate.

nice, there are some cool as sounding ones out there

>most likely won't have a shed to fit it in
>lots of places have height limits, good luck going into a city
>can't just use any old trailer
>slow as fuck
>can't hold all these gears
It would be such a pain

My dad had a Mk3 supra when I was a kid and even at 10 years old it was a squeeze.

I understand the mk4 is even worse

I've never seen one without back seats.

youtube.com/watch?v=hvvb__cOfm4

oh yea it's just impossible unless it's a child. the only person able to fit in there comfortably has been my little sister, all my other mates have had to lie cross ways.

i really just consider it a 2 seater car and the back seats are for storing munchies on road trips.

it does that fantastic. you can slot an esky right in, since the seats are like buckets.

it's a joke, because of the above. the seats are impossibly small in the back, but nice and roomy in the front.

>youtube.com/watch?v=hvvb__cOfm4
What am I looking at here?

machine gun exhaust

youtube.com/watch?v=amdlqtEfKdg

flames mate

But what does it mean by antilag?

jaguar e type is sort of bad but worst I have seen is an r31 skyline
back seats pretty much put one between the differential housing and the rear wheel arches
only way it can get worse is with some RR cars like alpine a310 and porsche 930

>3 seats
>usable trunk

Basically a mom car

anti-lag is what creates flames.

so there's two ways of making flames, the first is decatted straight pipe + running slightly rich.

the exhaust will spit tiny amounts of fuel and ignite them towards the end, this is a "true" flame and is completely unpredictable in the sense of size.

So for example, my RB26 at redline will hit limiter and "bounce" and create flames, but also create them as i let the revs drop naturally. I'm not running anti-lag though so it's not predictable, it just randomly does small flames and sometimes does a MASSIVE one that flares up.

Anti-lag is more complicated, here's a link explaining it.
rallycars.com/Cars/bangbang.html

Anti-lag promotes flames for the same reason, but it's more artificial and some tuners actually create "flame kits" where there's a little fuel spitter at the end of the exhaust to make flames just for show, they're not actually raw flames travelling up from the engine.

youtube.com/watch?v=FVCZHNXAFw4

A dedicated built drag car. Can barely turn, hard to drive slowly, stripped out interior, and way too loud.

a motocycle
>can't transport stuff or people
>cant turn
>inclement weather
>have to dress in a moon suit and carry around a helmet

fag tier

pwaap

us version only has 1 seat

>38.8 liter engine
>28 tons
>0.5 MPG

Doesn't this create back pressure to spool up the turbo?

t. dumbfuck who doesn't know shit about cars

>mr2 spyder
As someone that drives one everyday I can honestly say it's shit m8, it's not even quick
I want to put a v6 in it

two sportbikes taped together

>tank
>Bad daily drive

Literal TONS of cargo
NEVER slip on anything
CRUSH ANYTHING IN YOUR WAY
Road jammed? That's fine take the FOREST
Room for 5 kitted tankers, so at least one more normal person.
Happen to own a cruise liner? You can tow it.
1000+ BHP
MORE TORQUE THAN YOU WILL EVER NEED
TRACK DRIFTING
Fuck those spikey traps they use to puncture tires
MASSIVE GAS TANK
Who cares if shitty MPG, MASSIVE GAS TANK AND Runs on ANYTHING LIQUID-ish AND FLAMMABLE, alcohol, fuel oil, vegetable oil, anything flammable and liquidish.
Insurance is nothing
If people are afraid of trucks, IMAGINE HOW MUCH RESPECT A TANK GETS
PICK UP CHICKS
CANNON
Tracks wear much slower than tires
ARMORED

yet you drive a mclaren f1, so that makes you very practical to everyone you know or dont know.

ya know?

A Ferrari F50. I'm pretty sure it gets 3 miles to the gallon and I know it doesn't have any sort of trunk space.

iirc some German and French tanks are road legal
they put on rubber tracks and have indicators and all

In Canada, any tank is road legal as long as you register as a exotic vehicle registration and rubber tracks.

Also TECHNICALLY we have no laws against a gun with a bore bigger than 20mm so a 120mm wouldn't have any laws against it.

>you will never roll around in your leopard 2

A Reliant

in Zeeland there is a skoda t55 and rof challenger for sale
the main gun counts as a bolt action fire arm here so needs a licence

id really like a pz2 or pz3 just to mess about with
would be cool to see what sort of power can be had from the old engines with a little modern tech

I wouldn't think it's a good idea to to put too much on those old German motors. Especially anything late war.

Also krauts used gasoline engine.

A tune would be great though, good luck tuning a carburetor. Or replace with a multi barrel carb and you could improve.

t-55 some aren't turboed that would be a first step towards over 1k hp. If you can work on a Corrola, you can work on a t-55. From personal experience, they REALLY are that simple.

Challies are really nice, but not as much room for mods.

They all have 3 seats...

least practical car that anyone can afford is a god damn Miata.

How? It has 2 seats, climate control, reasonable power for its size, a roof, a good bit of trunk space. Plus it's small so it has that euro advantage and being able to squeeze through places. what do you dislike?

I mean i wouldn't like to own a miata, but that's cos i haul shit everywhere and i need more than two seats. And i often need AWD, and such. But a miata is far from the least practical.

a bt5 would be fun also
youtube.com/watch?v=C6PBttBSLuc#t=23s

The BT5 was made by a guy who wanted to make race cars, not tanks.

It was a death trap. But that suspension was CRAZY.

It could go CRAZY fast for it's weight and such when you took the track off.

the track sections are too long and break easy but that is not hard to fix if you make your own
and it can run without them

It runs better without them.

The track is only good for off road, just use the damn road wheels to go anywhere else.

Also
>rwd
Time to drift.

anti lag makes it so there's pressure even at low rpm to spin the turbo.

it's dangerous though, not for street use.

also, as that guy mentioned anti-lag or flame kits are different to true flames.

true flames like in his car, are when the exhaust is clear and straight (no cat) and so powerful (and thus hot) that when running rich a tiny amount of fuel slips through and bam, ignites in the exhaust from the raw power.

flame kits are literally fuel being pumped in at the end, just to make flames and just for show.

The Christie suspension was originally designed so that the tank would be faster and easier to drive on roads with the tracks off, but were are so few good roads in Russia at the time that they eventually dropped that feature on later tanks like the T-34.

mr.bean used to DD his F1

Yea i know that, but the guy who invented them, en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._Walter_Christie really didn't care for tanks, he was interested in race cars.

It was just used in tanks because oh this stuff is good onroad.

It was also abondoned because it takes a hell of a lot of internal space with those pistons and springs, better to just have torsion bars, since they take up very little space comparatively. And thus most modern tanks, save for a few have torsion. Same with most in ww2. Torsion is also WAY more reliable, harder to fix but it's like drum brakes where if you shouldn't really have to fix them.

tfw reaching over to the toll booth

easy.

The fuck is up with that paint?

>implying

at least you can take second person

#scrapenation

FJ cruiser

Top lel weekday does that seat, like 8 people across?

Stratos or Stratos Zero.

/thread