Welcome to my new hell

A actually spent money on this. As best I can guess, it will continue siphon money from my pocket until it emerges, 3-4 years from now, as something that can drive under its own power and be legally registered as a car.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YMHrYiNFIQM
roadandtrack.com/car-culture/videos/a6985/porsche-911-mistubishi-turbo-4-swap/
youtube.com/watch?v=dMs6VfYa6Xs
freepatentsonline.com/y2014/0209056.html
youtube.com/watch?v=gC5-MoDUuRg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Looks pretty clean. It'll be expensive to restore but totally worth it. I guess just be sensible and patient. I'm fully jealous, the best deal I can find locally is $16k for a thoroughly rusty 1969 912.

Just keep waiting. It took me months to find this one, but I'm almost certain I overpaid for it. 7K was too much for just sheet metal and suspension.

Have fun...
What are your plans for it?

I'd like to build it into something I can DD, but still track capable for some fun weekends. Definitely more street then track overall. It's actually a 964 under those 993 fenders, and I eventually want to convert it back, but "stage 1" so to speak is getting it together underneath the 993 skin.

i hate to tell you user but i saw one of these on craigslist not 2 days ago. it had really nice paint and had a straight 6 (id put the original porsche in it) for only 4500. It just needed interior and a couple holes in the trunk which sheet metal wouldve fixed

This video always gives me the 911 bug

youtube.com/watch?v=YMHrYiNFIQM

>straight 6

...how the hell.

But yeah, I know I overpaid and it was probably a mistake getting into this at all. But there's not much I can do about it now. It's not like I could sell it and get my money back.

I've just accepted my fate and am now looking forward to all the opportunities I have since I get to pick EVERYTHING. RSR style door panels? Sure. lexan windshield? sounds good. LED turn signals and running lights? why the fuck not? Since I have to buy everything anyway, I can go ahead and spend that little extra and try and do it right.

Honestly the hardest part is going to be not completely blowing out my checking account and keeping enough back to pick up an engine and tranny.

Get a 80s 4age and tranny, carb it and stick it in

Boom!

I would just stick with body work right now and if you're pretty handy you could build some of the body parts yourself. Once the body is done try to find a small block chevy (if a porsche motor isnt within reach) and slap it in there and watch it roll in money

Well I'll be damned, I've never seen an I4 swap into a 911, but I guess it has been done before: roadandtrack.com/car-culture/videos/a6985/porsche-911-mistubishi-turbo-4-swap/

The only thing holding me back from planning on doing just that is the plumbing involved in getting a radiator up in the front of the car. This is one of the air-cooled models so there's no radiator stock (or place to put one that really has any decent airflow). If I can find a way to do it without modifying the front too much I'd consider it, but fabricating a new front end is a little outside my skill range at the moment.

With cars that old user you can stick anything anywhere
If you're crafty and just want it rolling as soon as possible then that's always an option

Nice beetle

Well if a v8 is too long or too big to place Id suggest a 3.8 Series II engine (chevy is recommended since buick and pontiac made one). They get up and go and they arent too big but if you build them right they are pretty dam fast. I had one in my camaro before i got rid of it

it's a buick engine, lad

Unfortunately when I say there's no place to put a radiator, I mean I'd have to cut a large hole in the front end to fit a radiator. Just looked up some options, and MAYBE I can combine some parts from the later, water cooled models (and end up with a small radiator in front of each wheel, and another small radiator under the front bumper) But going water cooled isn't an option I'm planning on relying on.

dont most people who mount aftermarket radiators on those put them at an angle over the rear? that looks like a subprime area to mount

All of the swaps I've seen put the radiator up front. I've seen a lot of intercoolers mounted in the tail though. I imagine there's just not enough airflow to keep a watercooled engine cool, but you take whatever you can get for turbos.

external rad desu

Just don't give up on it OP. One project at a time, don't rush it and don't think of it as something that's time sensitive.

Never sell the fucker out of frustration, the value will only go up, with or without you doing work on it.

No no no

Subaru H6

think about it
>reliable
>no subaru head gasket issues
>ok power stock
>true to flat 6 roots
>burble burble

youtube.com/watch?v=dMs6VfYa6Xs
Or I guess you could STI swap it

There was ONE THREAD I found, where someone did this, and made it completely bolt-in, no modifications to the car, and was going to make a kit so everyone could do it.

...but then he decided there wasn't enough interest and moved on to other projects.

It would have been perfect, but it took some serious fabrication to mount the engine and radiator, so it's not something I think I could replicate myself.

That's the plan. I could probably do nothing to it and make a profit on it in 20yr. If I can actually find the stock engine/transmission models and get it back to a 964/965 body there will probably come a day where it's worth more than a new 911. And if not, no big deal, I'll still have a beautiful 964 to DD.

carbed doritoporch when?

You make one of these: freepatentsonline.com/y2014/0209056.html

And I'll put it in.

If thats the case then you should take a look at this guy's Porsche.

woops youtube.com/watch?v=gC5-MoDUuRg

Yup, that's basically what I'm aiming for. That video is actually part of what convinced me I could live with a 911 as a daily driver.