Whenever I turn my AC on, smoke, in both scent and sight, comes out of my vents. What's the most likely reason?

Whenever I turn my AC on, smoke, in both scent and sight, comes out of my vents. What's the most likely reason?

Exhaust leak.

Don't do that. Get it fixed immediately. Literally toxic gas.

Is it sweet smelling? Possible leaking heater core?

ayo lil nigga you gon die if you don't get that shit fixed dawg

No. It would be coming out of the hood too if it's visible through the vents. It's probably a bad blower motor OP.

Literally is smoke. Looks like smoke and smells like it. Smells like if something is burning. It stops as soon as I turn the AC back off. But as soon as I even nudge the nob up barely, the smoke smell hits immediately and few seconds afterwards smoke starts to blow out the vents that takes my breath away. I've just stopped using AC until I can have the problem diagnosed and fixed.

I hope it's something simple and relatively cheap (

If it smells like smoke user is probably right in a blower motor on its way out.

Blower motor was replaced in Dec 2014. Could it already be going bad?

It's possible but unlikely. What does the smoke smell like?

Imagine your stove catching on fire or computer starting to smoke, that's what it smells like

Burning plastic?

Both of those are different scents
One is plastic and the other is food

This happened in my friends X5 as its turbo died and it started burning oil

Smells like burning plastic

Almost definitely sounds like a blower motor going out. I have a metro that killed its blower motor. We had a really bad snow storm here and somehow ice got into the blower motor tubes. Clogged up the motor and I left the heat on.

Smoke started to pour out of the vents as the blower motor was melting itself trying to turn when it couldn't.

DUDE

WEED

AYY

Does it smoke no matter what temperature setting you have it on?

LMAO

Did you, by any chance, check that the surroundings weren't on fire?