/hbg/ - Homebrew and hacking general

Last thread: →

/hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: Browser/Menuhax up to 11.0)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60 (Kernel)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel), 3.55 (Userland)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp
Games Pastebin: pastebin.com/4gm37Buj
Games Google Docs: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1124W4krFF5R-wd-P0ijVp1el2v_1M6mCeg5_EulXbo4
How to install VPK: pastebin.com/6Nd6qY2L

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 Browserhax & Menuhax are out now! smealum.github.io/3ds/
-Install Menuhax ASAP if you're not already on CFW, because Nintendo can block Browserhax remotely without a workaround. twitter.com/smealum/status/758450605568372736
-You STILL can't downgrade, use CFW or install .cia files from 11.0 without a hardmod or hacked system transfer. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade
-SD card access in DS mode is now available. ROM loading is still being worked on. gbatemp.net/threads/413015/

>Wii U
-IOSU allegedly happening, update to 5.5.1 recommended. twitter.com/Mathew_Wi/status/766504663826870272
-Enter 104.236.072.203 under DNS Settings to block updates. twitter.com/NWPlayer123/status/766486134356529152

>Vita
-Maidump, a new tool for dumping games, provides better compatibility than Vitamin does. Basically Mai > Vitamin.
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-A webkit exploit is available on firmware 3.55. github.com/Fire30/PS4-3.55-Code-Execution-PoC
-Game decryption (1.76, maybe 3.55 soon) playstationhax.it/forums/topic/3104-tutorial-how-to-bypass-pfs-protection-entirely/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6hcSpSC8T0M
mega.nz/#F!6Q8AzK4C!j6cPSW64_oqcWkK5fx2ebw
mega.nz/#!aIcX1QgT!yOm-s_WBXU3WyWbE5PgbWmPfQKKKYJGVZCkUxD07wJw
mega.nz/#!h59VyDrD!HH3_bR3z5lNeB61aqjuPLjLdMHpW3CUQFrbI2cIEjQ0
dragons-crown.wikia.com/wiki/Downloadable_Content
mega.nz/#!9MEznQiR!g2_iDcrQD4fnrkwkDjNturTIKI1DDjCRH9y06yigUWM
mega.nz/#!0IdEALLR!59FBrh2_ycY_8DyIvOBwYQw4dyJOvaqpRjO-g_vKIkk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

praise china

ESTIVAL 1.20 DUMP
S
T
I
V
A
L

Do we have a chart for installing mai games?

In Gundam Breaker 3, how do I make the Barbatos' Mace? I know I can derive the rest of the frame from G-Self.

20 bucks paypal for a working 1.06 dragon's crown dump

Already spent 21 hours on Cold Steel, does it get any better?

First for Akarin, Kyouko, Jojo memes, that one user who died trying to get Moero to work (praise be unto him) and the two anons that uploaded Miracle Girls Festival

the pastebin says that you have to create a folder named addcont_plain but there is already a addcont folder

which should i use?

ALL-JAPANESE MAI DUMP WHEN?

I am Setsuna

Caligula

Nights of Azure

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana

Sora no Kiseki FC/SC/The 3rd Evo

Dragon Quest Heroes II

Ao no Kiseki Evo

Romancing Saga 2

Shinhayarigami

Ciel no Surge

Oedo Blacksmith

Norn9 Last Era

Nikolai Puzzles

Mahouka

Rose and the Old Castle of Twilight

Operation Babel

Nisekoi: Yomeiri

Fate/hollow ataraxia

Danganronpa 1+2

Shingeki no Kyojin

Coven and the Labyrinth of Refrain

Classic Dungeon Sengoku

Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen

ALL-JAPANESE MAI DUMP WHEN?

MY DEEPEST CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR DEAD OKAMI PURCHASE

Can we fucking not start doing this? Who am i kidding. Everyone here is autistic and will push this as a meme

WHERE THE ATELIER REDUMPS AT

>game bounties are memes
How's your first early warez scene?

How do I install Linux on my 3DS with a9lh?
How do I install Linux on my REX PS3? Which distro is Cell optimized?

I actually need help with this anons

Uppers Daijodu dlc where

If I format and make a new account without deactivating it from my main will my main account be fine if I get banned?

Guys.....
I think my FTP transfer froze

Just got on for the day.
Anything as exciting as yesterday happen?

Who the hell is that? Or do you mean Daidouji?

>FTP

Doing a skeleton VPK install is so frustrating. I can't find the folder to put the files.

I warned you to just use QCMA last thread. You reap what you sow.

Yeah im fucking stupid

We unanimously (the whole internet not just /hbg/) decided to go and stay go from the vita scene as all the games are trash and we are wasting our lives here.

moshi moshi, dlc/update?

Still no Dragon Quest VII - Fragments of the Forgotten Past CIA leak yet?

I didn't ask for this

QCMA didn't work I told you already.
and it already unfroze so jokes on you

Right click QCMA in your taskbar. Click settings. Look for the directory you have set under "Applications / Backups". In that directory there should be a directory called PSAVEDATA. In that directory there should be a directory with some gibberish as a name.

If you still don't understand, go read and

Is it a problem to buy a vita in demo mode?

theres dlc and update with update in from vitamin and dlc is from mai, they cant be mixed and you need both to work either. were fucked

just

nvm you wanted Linux
Linux is very bare bones on the 3ds ATM and there is no reason to use it

Dead Or Alive Xtreme 3 updated vpk when?

dumb frogposter

Net High dump when? ;_;

Why didn't you delete the 3DS section of the thread? I thought we agreed that they are no longer a part of the general

>QCMA didn't work I told you already.
user I used QCMA when I installed it and I started the installation after you and already finished it. VitaShell can extract zip files. So I just transfered everything with the method in , then just renamed GAME.VPK to GAME.ZIP at the end. And extracted/moved everything to ux0:/mai/PCSE00813

Just used browserhax succesfully for the first time. Couple questions:
I didn't make a backup of my sd card. Can this fuck me over?
I want to install menuhax, what's this about:
>Detected system-version: New3DS 11.0.0-32
Do you want to override the detected system-version? Normally using this will cause Home Menu to fail to boot until the intended Home Menu version ist installed(unless an older exploit is used).

For 3ds, you can get mew if you buy either blue or red on eshop.

Can you get the code for mew if you install either red or blue cia?

Is there a way to get the code via cfw?

Im not paying 10$ for a 20 year old game.

T H I S

s-shut up

im already doing the FTP after trying the vpks. I need to finish this

WHAT'S THE PASSWORD FOR MURAMASA DLC ON THE GOD DAMN DOC?!

Link me when you get to this thread

Earthbound

Earth*FUCKING*Bound

just remove the profanity along with the asterisk then you're done.

or just go one step further and rename the general to vitapiracygeneral

I'm with this user
I too need an updated dragons crown

Thanks HBG,
The past year has been amazing. All the awesome guides, coding, cryptography, homebrew, and pirating has been a blast.
Learning about the in's and out's of the various systems I have has kept me awake late a great many nights.
It's reawakened my joy for computers and coding. (also finally getting anti-depressants)

It's been 7 years since I've done any real coding. Started in high school. Ye Old' TI graphing calculator. (82,83,& 89) Did a little assembly.
Did a year of college programming analyst and realised it was killing any fun I had in the field. And finding out how bad most code monkey's had it out in the workforce.

But now I'm getting my feet wet again.
Been familiarizing myself with ... well, everything. Specifically going through info about security measures in hardware and software these days.
NX, ASLR, Canaries, Cryptography. All the fun stuff. In my free time. Because ya know, adulting, work, and bills.

Going to be at least 5 hours & a year before I can do anything cool. But I'm going to try.

TL:DR
you need to go back to inject the chinese semen
Thanks to everyone for all the work on all the wiki's, and forums, and bins, and documents, and guides.
And most importantly the coders and crackers and hackers that make all this possible.
by going open source without drama

P.S. here's all my hacked joys. System transferring dsiware exploit currently from o3ds > n3ds. looks like it's going to take 8 hours or so.
Dump everything again!

You forgot to make a strawpoll

literally fuck off pixelbutt

>ds mode launching is now a thing
>still can't launch ROMS
youtube.com/watch?v=6hcSpSC8T0M

Seriously just buy a flash cart it's like $5

Can I just get cryogenically frozen until IOSU comes out? Surely it it will only be until the end of the year... right?

Thanks senpai.

Guys, I downloaded
- mega.nz/#F!6Q8AzK4C!j6cPSW64_oqcWkK5fx2ebw

this
but it isn't a vpk. I'm retarded, can someone please spoonfeed me what I should do with this folder to get it to work?

That's clearly not pixelbutt, because
>not underage
>not blatant attention whoring with useless shit

If it's a mai dump, then LITERALLY READ THE FUCKING DOC

I used this one.

what the fuck man why do you suffer so much, wiiu doesnt have many games to begin with and most are so fucking cheap to get

>by going open source without drama
I don't know what universe you're living in but you somehow got yourself lost into a worse one.

Alright just need to download and ftp it over, shouldn't take long, then assuming it works I'll send you 20 bucks

no

>tfw college started and you dont have time for 100 hour JPRGs

I'm reading the guide pastebin, but I'm not seeing a maidump tutorial.

you don't need to backup the sd card unless you are installing a custom firmware and need to backup the sysnand which you can't with your current version

the version override is for when the home menu doesn't match with sysnand

you could always do mew glitch
also i don't think there is an eshop mew

XBlaze Lost: Memories when?

all rpgs should come with speed up battle settings.
bravely default did it right.

Is this US or EU?

yes, I'd definitely like to subscribe to your blog.

that Edge tho

Don't worry, you can look forward to even less time after college.

Bad news, g2a denied me for whatever reason, maybe because it was a brand new account on a 10minutemail email

>>Dragon's Crown
.06 update
mega.nz/#!h59VyDrD!HH3_bR3z5lNeB61aqjuPLjLdMHpW3CUQFrbI2cIEjQ0

CELEBRATE WITH ME FELLOW ANONS

US. PCSE00019

Dragon's crown doesnt have dlcs right?
The only vanillaware game with dlcs from the top of my head is muramasa

Well isnt that nice though, this means the user earlier got his plans foiled
No okami rip

Are those 2 links for the base game + the update or Base game w/ update and just the update

FTP TRANSFER.....DONE!

Apparently it has some narrator dlc
Base game first link
Update second link

Still downloading then ftp and test, but I'm pretty sure it will work because user posted screenshots

how come the OP doesn't mention Vitamin 2.0?

also the pastebin doesn't mention Maidump at all

I'm getting an error whenever I try to run Vita Activator.
I get an error if I'm using Vita Update Blocker, and I get an error without it, though it takes significantly longer to show up.

What do?

>narrator dlc
Fucking what?

Also thats for the clarification user
DLing it as soon as you give the go signal

OP doesn't get updated often because it was written by one guy who was into 3DS hacking

I mean the charge is still pending on my card, but assumedly it'll go back in eventually

The game is basically a story about the past being told, and apparently you can change the voice of the narrator, but the user also said you can buy the voice packs for exuberant amounts of ingame cash

FTPING IT OVER, DON'T FAIL ME NOW, user

Do games dumped with old vitamin need new vitamin dumps to install updates?
Wondering if i have to redownload dragon's crown

Installation DONE! Trillion works just fine! great.

and I see someone already dumped 1.06 so I don't have to do it. thats great too

Time to play videogames

dragons-crown.wikia.com/wiki/Downloadable_Content
The DLC unlocks the character narration. But you can also unlock it ingame with 1 million gold. Just use rincheat or something for that

Sweetness. I lost my cart a long time ago so I'm really hoping I can use my old save with this one

Is it safe to update my 3ds? I hardmodded mine.

>voice change
fucking wow
send me that okami code if it ever punches through. Been dying to play that [email protected] >tfw ps3 not hacked

>1 million gold + voice
this amuses me

Is rincheat already fully functional and user friendly at this stage?

threadly Taiko dlc begging

Alright, thank you. I got it working. This was really very easy.
Right now my DS is seemingly locked up as I try to go straight back to the home menu without rebooting. Is that a problem? I guess I just have to turn it off?

Btw, I only want to keep menuhax and a couple other interesting apps from the starter kit. Can I/is there a point in deleting menuhax manager?

I want to add a couple of other apps. I'm under the impression to just paste them in the 3DS folder?

If I send you 5 bucks now before the game finishes installing, would you be willing to buy the voicepacks and dump that too?
I meant the money would probably clear back into my account, not that the sale would clear, it canceled itself

FOR FUCKS SAKE, YOU SPERGED ABOUT YOUR SHITTY GAME FOR A WHOLE MONTH AND NOW THAT YOU HAVE YOUR SHITTY GAME YOU'RE STILL GOING TO SPERG ABOUT IT? RRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

yes for emunand or a9lh, hardmod is irrelevant here

Norn9 Last Era
mega.nz/#!9MEznQiR!g2_iDcrQD4fnrkwkDjNturTIKI1DDjCRH9y06yigUWM

Geten no Hana with Yume Akari Aizouban
mega.nz/#!0IdEALLR!59FBrh2_ycY_8DyIvOBwYQw4dyJOvaqpRjO-g_vKIkk

You can easily get 1m gold in that game once you hit your second playthrough. Amassing 500k gold is two or three dungeon runs away at that point.

At least I'll get an updated dragons crown

CORPSE PARTY WHEN

Is the Plague Knight campaign available in the Shovel Knight dump?

Sorry, i don't own the game. The voice packs are already in the base game (look inside dracro.cpk), just not unlocked until you pay with gold or dollars.

I figured out all you need to do is rename the extension on the zip into .vpk

Quite simple.

Thanks Veeky Forums, for always being helpful. Fucking faggots.

press start to exit out of homebrew launcher or any homebrew
most homebrews hates when you exit in any other way

there is no point in deleting the menuhax
it is just a simple entry point for 3ds's with no cfw
and yeah you just put them in the same folder

Digimon DLC when

Ahaha, the person to win the bounty doesn't even own the game. Did you just scour the web for compatible dumps?
I guess I could just use the voices for subsequent playthoughs with other characters