Could Veeky Forums come together and buy a racecar?

Could Veeky Forums come together and buy a racecar?

Reddit did it with the Dogecoin Nascar, I'm sure we could buy out a Rally Car team or even Indy Car.

For sure we could do a GT Spec car

Lefties would probably get butthurt if they saw a Veeky Forums car. Which is the only reason we should need to do so.

What would our slogan be though?

OH FUCK

we need to buy one and fill it with whatever will make people mad

What's Veeky Forums's slogan? Do we have one?

Because the poltards would spam swastikas everywhere as well as other extremely distasteful images.

>implying lefties watch NASCAR.

>implying we'd buy a Nascar
GT3 or bust

Exactly

We could have anons submit car designs & put accepted designs up to a vote

Bump.

I would stand behind this.

You guys can't even read that swine bought new without shitting your pants. Everyone here is poor enough to live in Detroit. There is a zero chance this will happen.

Doubtful, it cost about 5-12 million to do a season of v8 supercar and if its not at least on the same level as racing as those cars it simply is not worth doing.

We don't own any rights to Veeky Forums, we would have to get approval from Hiro.

We could make a WAT Racing car.

older GT3 cars (Z4s, 997s, C6 Vette, GTR, SLS AMG, old R8, etc) go for around 150 000€ - 300 000€

To that, you need to add potential changes to the car due to regulation changes, racing licenses for the drivers, a trailer to transport the car, the tools for working on the car, additional spare parts and ofcourse paying both the drivers and the pit crew.

1. "Buy" a team? Not the slimmest chance in hell. Plus, I'm sure the first neckbeard behind the wheel ("Cuz' I gave da most moneys, bruh!") would total the car on his first go.

2. I think OP meant pay for a sponsorship deal. I'd love that but I'm aware that Veeky Forums's average income, meself included, isn't what you'd call "relatively decent". We could probably sponsor a lower-tier NASCAR team but it wouldn't make any headlines.

In case we do get our shekels together for it, we should totally do a WAT Racing Itasha special with a bumper sticker that reads "MOOT POINT".

OP here, let me clarify:

1. Fuck no on letting any of the donators drive (MAYBE if they're really good at sim racing, but that's a huge maybe), that's a dumbass idea, I agree.

2. Yes, Sponsorship is what I meant. We get together like $5000-20000 and give it to some Russian team in exchange for bumper sticker space.

MAKE IT ECOBOSST

There's always iRacing.

We don't have a product either, dogecoin is a thing, but WAT is not.

>MAYBE if they're really good at sim racing
no
just no

"I don't know anything about these cars, they're probably all shit."

Shut your poop mouth. WAT is definitely a thing!

Keyword maybe

If we do secure funding, we could ask /ovg/ to set up something akin to what we'd put our money into; then, set up a championship for people who are registered to drive, and the winner gets to drive a leg in the race or passenger seat rights to the race.

As you can see, I'm more of an idea man than a action man, so take it with a grain of salt.

Yeah, but what does it sell? Stickers?

WAT Racing at 24h Dubai when?

Europoors could pool enough money to send a car over to Dubai. The classes they run there are pretty loose, so we could dominate one of the shitbox classes. I think last time we did the math, it came out to around 50k Euros to get a car, suits, licensing, equipment, and sikk mawds.

Ive still got a could hundred thousand dogecoins somewhere, maybe we should combine all our crypto and do it

Dogecoin is a financial system, which gets stronger the higher number of people using it.

It was not reddit buying a car, it was rich investors buying a sponsorship following some faggot's idea.

First get rich, then we can talk

>Keyword maybe
keywords definitely no

>ask /ovg/
NO

WAT Racing is basically this already. He runs a CRX.

i was part of that

it only costs 6 million for the sprint cup final race

Actually, it was less well known, but Dogecoin also sponsored a v8 supercar as well (for one race)

I-I want recognition too
I've been running this for at least a year.