I decided to make my motor-cycle licence since its way more convenient for me to use a bike rather than my car

I decided to make my motor-cycle licence since its way more convenient for me to use a bike rather than my car.

For my first bike i wanted to go with the Suzuki RF900R pic related

What are Veeky Forums's experiences with this beauty?

>first bike

hope you get the 98HP version

its just your standard water-cooled, carbed Suzuki I4, it should be cheap and reliable.

I was actually planning on buying the 135 HP version.
But due to the laws here and due to my age I will have to drive it throttled to 48 HP anyways for the first 2 years.

>cheap and reliable
Thats what im looking for.

kek, may as well just buy a gs500, probably be more exciting than an rf900 that you can only turn the throttle 1/10th on.

That's real shitty. I mean 135 hp would be a bit much for a first bike, but 48 hp for two years? That's rough

Get something with less than 80~hp unrestricted for your first bike.

Just because it's been restricted down to X hp doesn't mean you won't kill yourself on it.

Brakes on a motorcycle can be just as dangerous as power in the wrong hands.

This. I'd rather ride by old 48HP ninja 500 rather than a full bike with training wheels and restrictions.

>convenience
>motorcycle
My morning commute consists of putting gear on, warming up my bike, tightening my tail bag down, and then riding off.
The process takes five minutes. Every day.
And I can't stop at the coffee shop on the way in, because I have nowhere to put coffee, unless I bring a thermos. Might as well brew it at home.

And don't start on a classic, high powered bike. I wanna buy a 900F. You'll fucking wreck one, you dweeb. Buy a 500 or less like everyone else. Your wallet will thank you. Spend the extra money on gear, then upgrade to the 900F later. When you're less likely to wreck it, and have the better gear to hoon with.

>everyone in this thread falling for the fucking nephewposter

With the amount of he's gonna die meme in here, OP might as well get a scooter.

No thats not it at all. A new rider will an easier time learning on a lower powered bike. Things like throttle control. A rider can get in trouble on any bike, but on a high powered bike the trouble comes that much sooner. And to the people that think that a low powered bike can't be fun to ride are either squids or non bikers.

>rf900r
>first bike

It's like you wanna die

I learned to drive in an audi S4 and a toyota corolla. Everything was twitchy as all fuck in the S4 and my 12 year old self almost ran into a few posts because throttle control in the S4, so my parents moved me to the corolla wagon. My sister later crashed the same S4 learning at 17.

Learn in a fast car = someone else gonna die
Learn on a fast bike = you gonna die

I don't disagree with getting a learner bike. I just don't agree with the whole zomg kid gonna dieeeee. take the current generation R6, you have to actively try to get yourself in trouble. a twitch of a nerve isn't going to send you flying and pressing on the brakes like a normal person (not jamming them) will stop reasonably.

Of course I don't know t he characteristics of the 900F.

I agree the your gonna die is nonsense. You likely won't kill yourself but dropping and messing up something like a the OP's Suzuki will suck a lot more than a run of the mill Japanese twin. And if he has to have it restricted than I defiantly wouldn't bother.

Alright, you won't die, you'll just break your ankle.

What the fuck retard parents did you have that let a 12 year old drive an S4

Cool parents

>moron gets on bike that's too powerful
>goes fast
>sees corner
>target fixation kicks in
>OP makes the evening news

Get a 300-500cc bike unless you want to die, better to take a safety course to find out if you can even ride.

You really need to ride a bike yourself because you obviously don't know shit lol.

So you are an A2. Buy an Er6/sv650/mt07
It will be better. The bike is maybe not a2 compatible.

>all these faggots thinking 48 hp is a lot

Ok there nobike.