Engine runing on hershey squirts

I stumble upon pic related.
>Wanna change oil
>car starts but smells funny
>hope for car is puffing away thru its exhaust.

Wtf is this guys?
What do?

Blown head gasket?

condensation
thats a sign the car has not been driven hard enough. not good.

yeah change the oil

headgasket is fucked, lots of work needed

Yup, head gasket. I'm sorry dude, it's an assload of work. I swapped my engine instead of doing it.

You have coolant getting in your oil.

You generally dont get a lot of condensation unless you have a fill tube

i have seen it in winter

The oil cap trick isn't exactly reliable. If an engine has sat for a long time without moving condensation present in the motor can cause that froth on the oil cap.

Looks like ass wipe

Thanks guys for every input.
This is why Veeky Forums should be UNESCO world heritage site.

I asked around; got recommended to Head Gasket sealer solution and see what happens. All in favor?

If your going to use stop leak than put a "for sale" sign on that thing after your done.

What this user saidDont you do that liquid mechanic bullshit.

Fix it properly or sell it to someone who will.

Does your car overheat? Run poorly? Emit white smoke?

Somebody took a shit in your engine.

Do you live in an area with fluctuating temperatures?

No white smoke yet.

And the other issues? If not it's either not the head gasket, which is what I think, or you caught the very start of a leaking head gasket. Change the oil, see what happens.

pretty sure everyone does

>mfw that happened to me all spring. now during summer, nothing happens.

fuck that scared me the whole wiinter/spring

There are a couple tests you can do to more or less verify if the head gasket is going.
1) Provided you get the car started, let it run at idle until it's reached operating temperature. Get your face down by the exhaust pipe; does it smell sweet?
2) You can go to just about any major auto parts store and rent a coolant pressure test kit. The car needs to be absolutely cold for this test and is used to see/hear where the air pressure is escaping from
3) You disconnect the distributor or coils and turn the engine over a few times, then pull the plugs. Are there any that are wet?
4) You disconnect the distributor or coils. Doing one cylinder at a time, take a teaspoon of clean motor oil and poor it in through the spark plug hole. Insert a cylinder pressure gauge and turn the car over a few times, over a few seconds is there any noticeable decrease in pressure? You can rule out cylinder rings, because your car isn't puffing any black smoke...so a loss in pressure would be indicative of where the head gasket is faulty

If it is the head gasket, you need to really assess if you sell the car "mechanic special", fix the head gasket, or just do a complete engine swap. All three will take a lot of your time to accomplish.

The oil cooler seals on my OM648 started leaking.
Lots of sludge on oil cap. Thought it was a head gasket at first.