Solstice thoughts?

I just bought a Pontiac Solstice GXP 2.0 Turbo with the 5speed. What's your opinion, Veeky Forums?

How much did you pay? Normally I would say you should've bought a new s2k for the price

15k with a warranty, 44k miles. s2k's in Las Vegas go for like, 25k with a 100k miles on them.

I thought these were shit back in the day and I still do. Dont know why people love them so much. They have held their value very well though.

I'll admit, I really just bought it for the woosh woosh and having a convertible. It's easily the most uncomfortable car ive ever owned. The first thing I'm doing is replacing the seats.

should have bought the saturn instead

nice Miata

Thanks, Sherlock. What would we do without your amazing powers of observation.

You got the one with the good engine, but you probably could've had a Boxster S for the money which would actually have been more practical.
Also the Pontiac doesn't look as good as the Saturn/Opel.

This

I actually was looking at a Boxter, but I had my insurance company give me a quote and it was an absurd amount of money. That's what made me give the solstice a good look.

I feel ya, insurance rates on sporty cars fucking suck.
On the bright side, you bought a GM parts bin special, so if something breaks it should be cheaper to replace than on the Porsche.

now I know the solstice platform is just a bunch of other car and truck parts underneath a sporty body. Is it reliable in any sense? Or will the gearbox explode the first time I dump the clutch racing an ek hatch (and lose)

I drove my dads they handle great and are pretty fast with the turbo
I always wanted to get one of my own
fuck the saturn sky

hold on to it and keep it clean. I have a sneaking suspicion that they may actually be wroth something in a couple of decades.

my opinion is you should have got something with a real engine

wouldn't that be nice. They only made like 60k of them so they just might do that.

Haven't really heard bad things about them reliability-wise.

Engine wise the ecotech 2.0 is not a bad choice at all. Kind of anaemic when n/a though.

I'd look out for wheel bearings on those things other than that breddy gud Pontiacumi

Had a faggot try to race us in one of these smoked his ass with out slowest car its a Sebring 2001 with the 3.0 the picture is of my truck the best thing we have

that was a base model Solstice you tard. 2.4L, 175 HP.

The GXP model OP got has a 2.0L Turbo making 260 HP. Not even your truck can outrun them. The turbocharged Kappa twins were capable of outrunning a Porsche Boxster.

>They have held their value very well though.

Probably because cars like these out of the states are pretty rare and even now i wish Ford and GM would make another or something else like it. I would love a successor to the Kappa twins because even though they were the first of their kind they were pretty good if not for some flaws that needed and could've been ironed out like when they first made the CTS-V and stuck with it and eventually made it much better than its first gen.

Chrysler almost made something like this too but i think Daimler quickly put an end to that.

as far as styling goes i think the Kappa cars have aged pretty well too.

I mean the Crossfire is kinda like the Kappas

>but i think Daimler quickly put an end to that.
Yup. They were afraid it would steal sales from the Mercedes SL.

They also didn't like the Prowler, fearing it would steal SLK sales. But all the work on it had already been done. So once the Prowler had paid for all its development, they killed it.

???

What's YOUR opinion? You're the one fucking driving it

>this lightly reskinned Mercedes is like the Kappa cars
no it isn't. Too complicated, too expensive, too much Mercedes.

but then he'd have a slower car