Tell me about these 01-04 Mustang GTs

tell me about these 01-04 Mustang GTs

is it worth getting one from 05-10 over these considering these are significantly cheaper?

also how do they handle compared to the 05-10 models?

I would imagine the newer stangs drive and handle better than the fox/sn95 ones. I myself prefer the older stangs on looks alone. Have you looked at a Bullit or a Mach 1? While I didn't have a 01-04 GT I owned a '98 Cobra and I was happy with how it handled.

Both of them are shit, get a 2011 5.0 or 3.7.

>2011 5.0
too expensive

and I want v8 sound so no 3.7. i havent checked the price but the v6 is probably too expensive too

my budget is around 15-16k

Just get a Cobra from that era

Definitely look at Mach 1's than. You get that nice DOHC 4.6, better gearing in the rear axle, and cool looking shaker hood.

>2011 V8 is too expensive
>You tell him to buy and even expensivier car.

So, Sound >>>>>>> Perfomance?
Get a 90s Camaro then.

>>>>>>>>
thats a bit too many arrows

2011+ v6s dont perform better than 4.6 v8s

they make similar horsepower but the v8 makes more torque

It perfoms better than any pre 2005 4.6 except for special editions aka Cobra/Match.

HP = 260
Torque 302 260 lb-ft.

V6 2011
HP 305
Torque 280 lb-ft.

While fue difference in torque is something, the HP in the v6 mustang is too dam high, hence why a 2011 v6 is generally faster than a 2004 gt.

Against a 2005-2010 GT is pretty even, reason being that the 2011 V6 has better gearing.
And well, a GT 5.0 2011 will destroy any of them.

not even a fan of that generation, but that looks pretty sweet

Oh ya,I would pick up one of those any day over the Cobras.

oh i meant post 2005 4.6s

yeah it smokes pre 2005s

I hope you're a manlet, you won't fit for shit in that car.

Oh that's bull. I'm 6' 200 lbs and got in out of my '98 Cobra just fine. The interiors of the 94-2003 cars are mostly all the same.

nigga my legs push up against the plastic and I'm 6'

do you have power seats that go down?

Pic related, it's you user.

I had the power seats all the way back and down and I was Ok. They adjusted up and down as well. Now the back seats were useless but I never had anybody in them. They were similar to the previous car I had, an '88 Tbird Sport Coupe. That was just as comfortable as the Stang.

Mine was a hardtop smartass

oh ok

idk my friends '98 stang is the most uncomfortable car I've ever driven
you drive a miata? :^)

I didn't look close enough at the picture to notice it being a miata.
I had an '88 cougar and a '88 Tbird for 10 years combined before that Mustang. I guess they were similar enough that the Stang didn't bother me. I'll say this much about it. The cloth sport seats in the Tbird had better padding than the leather seats in the Cobra, but it didn't bother me that much.

99-04 GTs also known as new edge sn-95s can be seen as the last years of the simple mustangs. while looks are subjective i think that they have aged a bit better than the neo retro 05-09s.
Engine wise
>v6 are trash, they actually break more than the SOHC V8s and get just as bad gas millage. They are dirt cheap if you need something that moves, but don't plan to spend any money on performance mods because it will be like trying to make a rock go faster by attaching it to a CAI

>GT/SOHC v8s
easy to maintain, simple to work on. Not much power stock but decent torque. Asthmatic though, low redline and will not respond much to typical mods such as tunes, CAI's etc. Still cheap as fuck to buy and maintain.
>bullet SOHC
see above, only added a different intake manifold that gets a massive 5 extra HP, will retain value because bullet.
>Cobras 99-01/ mach 1 DOHC v8
Remedies most issues with their SOHC autistic cousins. 7ish redline with much better response to typical mods, also sense they breath better you may get better em pe gees. Only issue is these cars tend to hold their value more for obvious reasons. Also the cobras have IRS so they handle better. Mach 1 retains SRA
>termi cobras 03-04 SC DOHC
takes the DOHC and turns it up exponentially by adding a super charger. Known for crazy SC whine. DOHC has forged internals and can safely hand more power. 500HP easy with pulley swap and minor bolt ones. 600+ Easy with ported SC or newer more efficient SC brand
These cars also came with a t56 6speed giving them decent mpg and a bullet proof tranny. Only problem is good luck finding one that doesn't cost most of what a new GT costs. Defiantly a good investment if you want something to sit on.

these are soooo overprice just because of that motor, im sure its nice and all but 10k+ for a mustang ill just get a nice foxbody

i like the 2004 mustang gt, dont care about crazy power this is a daily driver i would drive slow, basically want a durable car i can short shift with ac blasting and sweet v8 burble...id get a v6 but doesnt have the sound i like.

I'm either gonna look for one of those or just get a ford pickup with a modular in stick. because people want too much for a nice mustang.

Just finance 20k and get a 5.0 you cheap ass. you spend thousands trying to make a 4.6 fast and a 5.0 is already fast.

Get an F-body

The catfish is getting harder to find with low miles.

true

>tfw V8 manual with 80k miles

they handle pretty well actually. I've got an 04 convertible that corners very flat, and it rides decent.
The interior is total fischer price quality. it's ugly as shit and rattles and the panels where the door handles are constantly falls off. this is for a car with only 78k on it.