Europe

Is Europe still considered the automotive haven it once was?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mzBFwFos-o0
youtu.be/9oLG1vEWIrg
youtube.com/watch?v=xzpndHtdl9A
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No, we have a lot of retarded laws here in germany that prevent this. No fun allowed.

You have a fucking Autobahn.
Try living in a country where the speed limit is 120km/h and you have radars and unmarked cars every corner.

60% of the Autobahn is limited to 120, in the other 40% there are often repair works going on and you cant drive fast aswell, so it sucks.

Waiting for the Americans to burst into this thread and claim their shithole is car heaven because cars have become a necessity there and are accordingly cheap and disposable.

What the hell are you talking about you nigger. Two thirds are unrestricted. Stop living in fucking NRW.

>cheap and disposable.
sounds like car heaven to me.

>tfw Australian
>"hoon" laws, HWP and bullshit regulations about sick mods
>jam LSx into MX-5 and straight-pipe, put Skylines on le silly wheels and be general cunts regardless

Adds to the fun of it all.

I guess you could say so. Amerifats just like to make fun of yuropoors and our "anti-fun laws" cause they're pissed of they can't import anything newer than 25 years old.

I will admit modification laws are more chill for the amerifats, so there's some sort of compromise.

I reckon it'd be the worst to be in America.

>import a mint GT-T R34 under the radar and do a sneaky VIN swap with a Maxima
>jealous cunt at a show dobs you in to the Feds and gets it crushed

youtube.com/watch?v=mzBFwFos-o0

FREEDUMB!!!!1!!

Depends a fuckton on expectations, here's about Poland:
> 120km/h expressways, 140 km/h highways; they're short in total but good (it happens expressway I get to work lets me go unlimited - no police, perfect 2-lane surface, little traffic)
> country roads are narrow, mostly bad but: German "bad">American "bad">>Polish bad>Ukrainian bad
> we register and drive probably everything except red/blue headlights and have normal insurance prices
> extremely expensive gas (but: drive thru LPG conversions), very expensive cars, cheap repairs
> everything gets stolen, even an fucking Opel emblem lol
> close to Germany, their tracks and great used market because ours is just shitboxes (and that means s h i t boxes, not cheap lolnocupholders Mustangs or whatever Americans dislike)

Average shitboxer Janusz living in here should be pretty happy with that except he's not because of our complainer attitude. I'd like to drive some japanese rwd thing on country roads and that's why it's not good for me here.

>Mittel-Europa
>Cars expensive as fuck, most people can't even afford 20 years old cars imported from Germany
>Roads are extremely shit
>Driver mentality is shit

Oh, I forgot something.
>Try living in a country where the speed limit is 120km/h
Why would that be a problem anyway?
>you have radars and unmarked cars every corner
Applies to Poland too, but we have an app every driver uses which lets us mark and see cops' locations.

>some states have no annual inspections
>no emissions tests at all unlike commifornia
>has a literally unlimited speed limit highway that runs through the vast emptiness between SA and WA
>actually good cars from japan that americans pay out the nose to import (heres looking at you R34 and skyrines)

Australia is pretty based car wise even though others bitch about it here. Those same fuckers should try driving in California for a year, they'd end up thinking Australia is car heaven.

JAPAN (Hakone)
vs
CALIFORNIA (North California)
vs
GERMANY (Eifel)

Which is to best place to be a carfag? All three have every type of car culture represented. All three have the best roads of their respective areas, and the best tracks. And amazing weather.

Which do you choose?

Germany because I already have the matching passport. Bonus points for being at the Swiss mountain passes or French Alps in half a day's drive, and within a day's reach of events like the Goodwood FoS or Le Mans 24h.

>that malaise era Chevy
How did he even get that? Off of some GI?

Either that or an actual import. There's been a small but steady stream of American cars going to Europe, every year of every decade, and cars that aren't considered desirable in the US or that wouldn't fetch a good price because of their abundance still make a better profit in Europe even after shipping costs. There's a small but dedicated scene that will eat up anything looking distinctively American, even four doors, wagons and old conversion vans.

Here's an aerial of last year's local American car meet. This year's is in three weeks I think, I'll take a camera this time.

man get a load of this bullshit

y u lying nigga, sure there's a lot of roadworks on the autobahn but they're barely ever longer than 10 km

>No fun allowed
are you retarded?
if you have money - or friends at the TÜV - you can get through with most of the stuff

Just so you know, this is the actual truth.

>Emissions test is not annual, but anyone can "dob" you in to the EPA and get you forced to deal with their nanny state bullshit to clear the defect within 7 days (depending on state). They can do this over, and over and over just to fuck with you.

>That unlimited speed highway is so dangerous you never want to go more than 150. It's also out in the middle of bumfuck nowhere

Don't get me wrong, australia is not as bad as people make it out to be. The one good thing we have is once you leave the cities, you are nearly 100% unaccountable, as long as you're not a idiot.

The bad thing is, the cities are literal hell (mainly melbourne) and highway patrol are insane. Regular cops, you can reason with. If a highway patrol sees you, you will be paying some form of fine. No matter what, no matter if you've actually broken the law.

Australia at least has people who are into cars, which is nice. Shame the media's insane bullshit scares seeped into the general population who consider us worse than pedophiles and lobby the politicians to let highway patrol have zero accountability.

So yea, it's not all bad, but you can lose your car on a whim to a lying highway patrol officer, or if you take your car to the mechanic and he gets caught having a bit of a go in it.

Yes, it's happened.

Europe:

>go on roadtrip for a few days
>unevitably go through lots of countries all with their unique culture and rich history as well as beautiful landscapes and great roads for driving

A Murrica:

>drive 10 billion "miles" through a cultural and historical wasteland
>every town you're greeted with the same copy-paste restaurant chains, shops and motels
>roads completely straight, not to mention retarded shit-tier speed limits
>3rd world tier vehicle safety and designated shitting street driver mentality

I could honestly not think of anything worse than being american.

America

>barely any regulations around modifications
>cheap petrol
>shitloads of cheap veeates
>low taxes

Honestly I wouldn't mind straight roads.

>muh cheap v8s and petrol
>forced to go everywhere at barely above walking pace thanks to retarded speed limits

No thanks.

More importantly
>forced to drive everywhere in the first place

Must fucking suck because not only does it eat up your time, but it fills the roads with morons that don't actually want to drive.

Isn't that state specific?

I'm yuro but iirc Texas has decent speedlimits.

>Deal's Gap

>cucked import law

Yeah, no.

If you want speedbumps come over to the netherlands
Funfact we have 5 speedbumps for every 2 citizens

In my country (Paraguay) we have more relaxed taxes, so imports are fucking everywhere and people from all over south america come to register their sportscars here. But we have the shittiest roads ever, no real racetracks and infernal speedbumps

Hakone MOTHERFUCKER
youtu.be/9oLG1vEWIrg

fucking kek

I was there not long ago and plan to be back soon. Mountain driving in the States can be amazing, you just gotta work for it a bit more than other places I'd imagine.

Every single vehicle manufactured before January 1997 is forbidden to enter Paris since July
Current mayor plans to extend to extend this to vehicles made before 2011 by 2022.

There was a single protest the day this measure took effect.

If you're a car enthusiast and you choose to live in cali you deserve it. Why anyone would put up with their laws is beyond me.

The solution is simple. Don't live in Paris.

>it once was
Europe was never considered a haven of anything but political lunatics and immigrants

Reminder that both Nazism and Communism grew strong in Europe, two ideologies thay only a complete moron would believe in.

Tbh speed limits get treated as suggestions here in MA at least. Whipped by a 55mph speed limit sign at 70mph and had someone over take me on my right. As long as you're not an idiot about speeding you can go as fast as 80mph and have no trouble.

What? Most Euros are too poor to own a car + insurance, that'd why they're busriders.

>live in France
>don't live in Paris

Might as well move to another country.

High speed driving on public roads is NEVER acceptable. Fucking anime watching idiots.

>being jelous of a GT-T
>ever

Western EU countries are automotive hell. Northern and eastern european countries are still pretty good - cheaper fuel, very cheap insurances, low road tax rates, low police control etc.

What about New Zealand?

>Super lax import and registration laws
>God tier driving roads and scenery

Only real cons are fuel is a bit pricey and some low speed limits.

Does NZ even have a proper used car market?
How hard is it to find something interesting on classifieds, such as an older BMW, jap sports cars etc.?

Honestly it's cheaper to own a car in Eastern Europe than anywhere in the US, parts are cheaper and labor is waaaaaaaaaay cheaper, insurance isn't as vicious either. I live in commiefornia right now so the transition from a free country to this Communist shithole is hard, the smog test is strict as hell. Wish I could live in a place like Texas.

There's heaps of used stuff. A fuckton of JDM imports end up making their way there and they're usually fairly cheap.

UK

>can do virtually any modification
>can import any car
>plenty of great roads with no police/cameras
>plenty of great tracks
>plenty of club level motorsport
>easy access to mainland Europe
>Insurance is reasonable if you aren't a child

The only downside is pricey petrol.

>complains America is shit for auto
>lives in California
Dumbass

It's Paris dude, congested as hell. You wouldn't be able to enjoy your car to begin with, and with the public transportation there you don't need one. I don't know why anyone would choose to live there anyway, there's much nicer cities in France.

Keep in mind this doesn't include the entire area of Paris, just part of it. Same as the London laws.

>Wish I could live in a place like Texas.
Why can't you? You a nigger or something?

I've lived in red States too bud. Car ownership is expensive as hell everywhere here, most Americans are cucks that don't know anything about cars so mechanics rip you off for shitty service.

I am a 20yo male and I paid 5.5k £ per year of insurance for a BMW 325i.
I pay 140£ per year for the same car in northern Europe so the insurance rates are ridiculous.
And track days are very expensive too
The upside is that you can import and drive right hand drive jdm legends here

well Europe has Aston Martin, Ferrari, Pagani, Jaguar, Audi, Mercedes, Skoda, BMW, Lamborghini, Rolls Royce, Bugatti, Koenigsegg, Porsche etc along with love for F1 and Le Mans

America has.. Ford. Dodge.. Nascar?

Japan died long ago.

yeah Europe is absolutely the best.

>Insurance is reasonable if you aren't a child

Yeah so you get your license at 18 and have to wait about 7 fucking years until you can drive a decent car here.
Fuck UK laws really

No

Why did you mention Skoda though, lol
Might as well mention Dacia

m8 you just need ~5 years NCB then you're golden for literally the rest of your life

Skoda is actually god tier nowadays. Dacia, Seat, Opel, Peugeot, Citreon are all shithouses in comparison.

>that Combi RS
>that Superb
>that Yeti
>that Citigo

obviously I'm talking strictly consumer friendly, not so expensive cars. they are pulling a Kia and Hyundai.

>The only downside is pricey petrol.
It's not m8. It just does cost money.
What do you mean by great roads without police, Wales or what? I'm no Brit and I'm curious as I associate UK with a camera every corner (I only know it's like that in Birmingham area).
>The upside is that you can import and drive right hand drive jdm legends here
Can you import, register and insure most or is it age limited or similar (thinking about US importing rule). That would be great to import some JDM Toyotas and such.
>so you get your license at 18 and have to wait about 7 fucking years
>license at 18
>7 fucking years
So... what? Do you expect fresh drivers to be calm and not cause more accidents compared to more experienced drivers so the insurance for youngsters is of the same price? I know you don't so why would you bitch about that m8? I pay twice the insurance price for being 22 (until 25 in Poland; same as UK).

>or is it age limited or similar (thinking about US importing rule)
I don't think the UK has any of that shit, and neither does the majority of Europe.

>What do you mean by great roads without police, Wales or what? I'm no Brit and I'm curious as I associate UK with a camera every corner (I only know it's like that in Birmingham area).

there are hundreds of rural B-Roads with no cameras, police, or really anything, across the country.

>cars you'll never afford, but can watch on tv.

I guess it boils down to if youre a watcher or doer.

Git'er dun, boy.

Yes, you can import any car in the UK, no restrictions
And even I agree that young drivers tend to be careless, if I had to drive underpowered shitboxes for 7 years i'd either kill myself or find a new hobby other than cars
I was able to insure and drive a 2.8 litre BMW back home at the age of 18 easily, and i've never been in an accident.
Honestly if you're awful at driving you will crash anyway, no matter if it's a 1.1 or 3.0 litre

This, Finnbro here.

I don't know how it can be when 98% of euro's don't have a garage or anywhere to work on their cars. Also going to jail for a rust spot on the frame... Naw I don't think so. Have fun with your Twingo's M8's.

>going to jail for a rust spot on the frame
Of all the things to laugh at (mandatory inspections, insane fuel prices, monthly road taxes, getting arrested for revving your engine in a "racist manner" at muslims) you pick something that's complete bullshit?

>if I had to drive underpowered shitboxes
But we're not forced to, it's "just" that fun factor comes either pricey or less legal. Even if that "just" hurts me more than you (due to salaries vs prices difference between our countries). By less legal I mean putting a parent in the title instead of yourself.
>Honestly if you're awful at driving you will crash anyway, no matter if it's a 1.1 or 3.0 litre
Of course. I bet there are more crashes in cheap Corsas in the UK than in bigger cars and it's easier for them to become fatal with a small car.
Thanks.
>going to jail for a rust spot on the frame
What?
>getting arrested for revving your engine in a "racist manner" at muslims
lol

Still, lets say I earn 17.000 gbp per year and I want to insure a 2.5 liter BMW, I have to pay 6500 gbp per year of insurance, that's almost a half of my annual salary.
I doubt it's like that in Poland even with all the salary and price differences

I'm Parisian, the measures concerns the whole city, every inch of it starting from the road circling Paris (commonly used as a geographical frontier).

Nonetheless there is no such thing as "nicer than paris" city in France.

Public transportation is horrendous (crowded, doesn't work 24/7, prone to strikes, inefficient, old and loud)

Our mayor wants to outright ban cars in the city but offers nothing as -viable- replacement

In France we also have that but it's not "enforced" by the government.

Insurance companies consider you're a "young driver" for three years when you sign an insurance contract for the first time. No matter your age.
First year your double the normal price (100% more), 2nd year it's down to 50% more, then 25% more for the 3rd year

Insurers may outright refuse to insure you meaning a default insurer will be chosen and that's when you may have to pay 500% more or even higher

I don't know now how to fairly compare salaries themselves, if that is possible at all, but let's assume that your 17K equals to our 25K. Then here's the price for such car (details in the filename) in zlotys. That salaries and prices differences matter a lot bro. A whooole lot. If not for LPG in my country we would only drive old diesels - because how big portion of a salary gas eats. Plus, just look at otomoto/motoallegro for car prices, keeping in mind those are almost all still wrecks. Some of them are UK imports converted to LHD.

Lol, I am from Latvia (currently in the UK) so I know very well what you mean, the financi situation in my country is even worse than Poland (the minimum salary is 370 euros per month I think)
But despite everything, it still is much easier to buy and own a (relatively) powerful car in my poorfag country than in a western EU country.
Unless you're a jobless hobo

If you like modifying your car, move to Canada. Specifically BC
>no emissions
>no vehicle inspections WHATSOEVER
>tons of tuner garages and import dealerships
>obvious driftfag meetups every week
>chill cops
>great weed to enhance your tactile driving sensations
>NO speed cameras, relaxed fines for hooning and speeding compared to drunk driving or texting
>tons of gas stations sell 94 octane (almost 99 in Europe/Japan) if you want to run fuckton of boost and timing
>get to blow past exotics and modern sportscars driven by dizzy chinks (if you live anywhere near Vancouver)
I could go on. It's a great feeling being able to rip out your cat and then stance your car and not have to give one single fuck.

Oh and about UK imports, I myself have imported 2 RHD cars and converted them to LHD and sold for profit lol

shut up you annoying polish cunt

come and shut me up?
not even Polish, faggot

You mistaked him with me you non Polish cunt lol.
youtube.com/watch?v=xzpndHtdl9A

NZ likes to import a lot of old burger cars for some reason.