Did russia ever produce any good cars. like in terms of REASONABLY PRICED mobiles?

did russia ever produce any good cars. like in terms of REASONABLY PRICED mobiles?
educate me on lada and the rest

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Ozzlbrh6Tfc
mortarinvestments.eu/products/jeeps,-trucks-a-bikes-3/maz-537-towing-vehicle-342
panzernet.net/php/index.php?topic=5285.0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Only good russian car is the Lada Niva, and then only to be used on bad roads. Everything else is below shit tier.

Just watch this. youtu.be/Ozzlbrh6Tfc
And compare it to anything else built in the late sixties an America or Europe.

And keep in mind that any American or European car would've disintegrated on Russian roads. Sturdiness is more important than features.

Fair point

is that really true though? ladas have many problems for example

also how come russians never really mastered mass production of good cars. they made excellent planes and tanks but the cars always sucked.

Just guessing here, but maybe the average income of Russian families limits how much R&D Russian automakers put into there cars. In America and Europe with a higher standard of living people have the money and expect something nicer. Both also have a longer history of wanting fast highway going cars, especially in America.

As always the religion of peace is best at exporting war.

lol no. even the Lada Niva is a meme mobile for hipsters, it's objectively shit aswell.

first you have to lower what a car is. I have broken it down like this

reliable engine and drive-train
rain and wind proof

things like comfort and speed become pretty irreverent if the first two are not met

because military projects were considered a greater public good than private transport

cars are a luxury

If your car is too shit to get across the border than you can't escape communism.

>than
Then* fuck me

>Russian cars maybe shit but they at least are sturdy and reliable

ahahahha what a fucking joke, all commie cars were rubbish and built to be as cheap as possible

t;eastern european

Too bad you can't really daily the only reliable vehicle made in the Soviet Union but then it was only reliable because nobody wanted to touch it.

Cheaper than a new Camry tbqh

mortarinvestments.eu/products/jeeps,-trucks-a-bikes-3/maz-537-towing-vehicle-342

>15449389
This fag doesnt deserve such a great car.

>such a great car

this is a Wartburg 311
panzernet.net/php/index.php?topic=5285.0
made to drive under barbed wire

You need to cross more than barbed wire.

it was only to get from Czechoslovak to Austria
not sure what would be needed to get though Brandenburg

it is pretty qt tho

mostly just the engine and seats that need work
also the shift links and braking system if one is getting picky

might charm the boarder guards

My dad and his friends used to race Lada's in Communist Hungary. They would break all the time, but they were also easily to fix with some tape and a hammer. You could do ghetto performance tuning by shaving a bit off the head to increase compression. Head gaskets went fast so they didn't use them, just had a machinist grind the head really smooth.

Honestly I want to buy one when I move back, they're the perfect project cars.

Ladas are fantastic dude. Very reliable point a to point b and cheap so poor communists can afford it.

>very reliable
You probably think that Yugos are reliable too

Communist Russia made things purely for utility, great military and space achievements, but nothing notable with cars because they were a luxury item and only needed to be used as transport only.

Their poor build quality comes down to communist work being sub-par based on their treatment and wages, similar to the shit the auto unions ranted about with British leyland and the 60's and 70's British car makers in General.

I dunno man, ZiL made some pretty good looking automobiles.

Also what's that one 50/60's era Soviet take on a BMW?
Thing was huge, complete opposite of what it was trying to beat.

Oh i found it, pic related.
I would daily this so fucking hard

>due to treatment and wages
Try lack of innovation because the system was set up as poorly as possible

Lada still produces cars today and they look pretty nice, pic related is my favourite model and on their site it says it costs around 7000-8000 euro, which is resonable for a brand new car.

IIRC, some of the company is owned by Renault and they might put some shit here, at least the Largus model is exactly the Logan MCV with a slight facelift, exact same car being sold in other countries as a Renault or a Dacia, depending on the notoriety of the company.

Coming from a former eastern-bloc country, some people really have a nice opinion about russian cars, my dad told me that if he had the money he'd buy a Volga and hook it with a Volkwagen engine.

Black Lada is the Best Lada

Fucking Boss Car

ANy car built under communism was garbage, just look at trabants.

Gorgeous!