/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

The "this is the first time I've ever started the general so make me feel special" edition

>Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11206530
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The Dark Souls series is a big piece of shit.
Demon's Souls and Bloodborne are the only good games from made.

SECOND FOR PURGE FILTH

ebin

People that say that BB has no variety are memeing beyond belief put more than 100 hours in before you actually make an informed opinion about from's games.

Please don't feed the trolls, kids.

>put more than 100 hours in before you actually make an informed opinion
I can't because I made one of each build and archetype and Plat'd the game in 87 hours, and that was after 10 hours of purposefully dillydallying.

>One of each build
So you've tried all the weapons extensively and know they have the largest movesets out of any from game. Of course not you just mashed r1 and sometimes used l1 didn't you. You silly goose.

I kind of agree with there being a lack of build variety, although if you're creative enough there's lots of options, but Bloodborne really shines with the weapon variety by making each weapon unique and fun to use. Every weapon is someone's favorite and I think that really says a lot compared to DaS's 10 or so straight swords with similar movesets.

Is there an FC currently?

Nope, they're scheduled on Saturdays. Impromptus happen though, and get a bit of activity at least.

Anyone mind jumping in my Loran layer 2 for a few?

Give me two minutes to set of some coffee and I'll pop in

strawpoll.me/11206530

Mein neger. Pass is bbg5

>one magic system

It's not a magic system, though, and was never meant to be. They're called Hunter Tools, you know, they're tools, they're additional modes of defense, not weapons in their own right. That's not really an argument.

And the only things sharing any kind of moveset are the two untricked saws and sword modes of Kirk and Ludwig's. Everything else gets its own moveset. Each weapon is two weapons in one. Each weapons and each mode is perfectly viable and there's no distinct hierarchy of damage unlike fifteen different straight swords that literally do have the same movesets with the most minor of change ups.

And if you're rushing through the game in a few hours, boy are you fucking up bad.

>BBs environmental elements are great for the first few levels but it's pretty apparent they are the only ones From could come up with (DLC not included). Every area, with the exception of Cainhurst, uses the same nuances to create the atmosphere.
>Sans DLC, Bloodborne really does just 'blend together'

Exact same can be said of Souls. Another ruined castle, some caves, every area with the same medieval grime coat of paint? You're mistaking 'blending together' for consistent world design. Yharnam, Cathedral Ward and Cainhurst all share distinct visual similarities since they're all connected areas (except for Cainhurst because they were BTFO'd by the Church and retain an older medieval style), Yahar'gul and Old Yharnam too retains the same design because they are parts of the same city. The Lecture Hall, Byrgenwerth and Nightmare of Mensis are unique conencted areas, too. The Nightmare Frontier is wholly unique. The Fishing Hamlet is vaguely reminiscent of the outlying habitations of the Forbidden Woods and Hemwick, all these places at once time co-existed just outside of Yharnam. That's not even getting into the absolutely insane minute details of each area.

And if you're just mashing R1 in this game, maybe try something different.

SRRCing momentarily.

SRRC?

Oh my FUCKING god.
That was legit the first time I've been scared by video games in years. My heart literally skipped a beat.
What was he thinking?
I'm talking about brain of mensis.

Yeah? It's the left-most altar in the Dream. Lets you quick search for co-op without actually being in the same dungeon as a cooperator.

Only some of the moves do Thrust in untricked form

All attacks do Thrust on tricked form though

Ah, I see. I'd probably go two Thrust one Phys, then.

>Forgetting to link the previous thread
Shit thread already famygdala

>famygdala
I found this funnier than I probably should have

Hi, welcome to /bbg/

whatever famolash

Been here for a little while but had not seen that one.

Have you "Make Contact" with it yet?

If not then DO IT DO IT DO IT

Your eyes must have been closed the whole time then.
Famygdala has been used for quite a long time in /bbg/ already.

How were people supposed to figure that out on their own?

lol. Forgot my moveset.

Killed the two spidermaidens though. I assume that's all you needed? I'll SRRC again if you like.

Favorite skill weapon?

Anybody want to help with Defiled Watchdog, please I'm about to kill myself.

Kek yeah I was getting overrun by spiders. I'm having an off day. That was the main thing. Thank you!

Set a pass dawg and I'll help

Stream y/n?

K

Yeah I can throw my hat into that ring. Set a pass.

Alrighty. Good luck user.

Sorry, meant for

The name implies it's used to communicate. It's found in the Upper Cathedral Ward, where the Choir worked with Ebrietas. This implies that it might be used to communicate with Great Ones or their kin. Still, pretty difficult to think it should be done towards the Brain.

But I think it was found by some guy who ran around the game making contact at practically everything.

Stream it :^)

PW is jalooby for Watchdog

Yeah I feel no shame for having needed to be told that one.

SRRCing now mate

Any chance of help with darkbeast paarl ng+?

Unseen village if it makes a difference, I don't know if it does

Pass is AWAY

Try again?

Absolutely. Already ringing.

I have about 200 hours on BB across several builds.

Consistent world design doesn't mean everything looks and feels the same, it means each location within the world looks as it should given the state of the world itself. A first-time player will go through Yharnam fighting bestial townfolk, dogs, crows, a few trolls, and two werewolves, then to the cathedral ward which introduces church priests and six giants, amongst all the townfolk, dogs, and crows. Then to Old Yharnam, which introduces two new types of beasts..and is full of only those two beasts, up until the handful of werewolves at the end.
Then Hemwick Lane, I guess, with the bestial women are are scary (because they scream) but fight the same way the townfolk do (Also more dogs and crows and trolls).

Forbidden Woods (past the village) gets the Old Yharnam treatment. New enemy is a pile of snakes and a man with a pile of snakes for a head. Only fight those two things throughout the forest, save for a few ayylmaos and a pig.

Brygenwerth is what I think had the most potential for variety in that this place was closest to the Great Ones and the Eldritch truth, but all we get is one building with 5-7 flys and an entirely ignorable magic centipede. None of which we ever see again.

The Gul is more villagers and trolls and crazy ladies, except now they respawn unless you kill a lady ringing a bell. Werewolves are here too, but they look different. The very end of the level has piles of bones sticking out of boxes.

Then you get to the lecture hall which has only piles of goop and one church giant (who admittely has a really cool moveset), then you get to Nightmare of Mensis which has the most enemy variety in the game.

Nightmare frontier has three enemy types, not counting Brain Trusts since they are either skippable or combat with them is oversimplified.

You ringing by the lamp or boss door?

Also, are you set to worldwide?

Actually, I want to reconsider part of my position given that plenty of areas I mentioned do have hunter fights, particularly Brygenwerth and the Gul. The choir hunter in Byrg and the three in Gul are worth mentioning because they're unique and they're fun, and require using mechanics you know in a specific way.

Some other fag and I were talking about getting our asses kicked by BSB earlier...Just happened again in a chalice dungeon.

I died, ringing again by lamp.

Ah I'm sorry man. Yeah he caught me making blood bullets.

SRRC's already running.

Doggo's got so much HP. Too much lMO.

Still waiting if anyone felt the need to be so kind. Will probably wait for a bit.

Needs moar dank memes

I'm going to level to 117

will anyone be able to tell

Yeah I'll help, where are you ringing?

Thanks guys! rip in peace hotdog

Right when you drop off the ledge after you go through the hole in the wall in the prison

Cheers.

No joke, I think Defiled Amygdala is easier.

No problem user, was fun

Anyone savescumming right now?
I want gems but it's always so boring to do alone.

Holy fuck my man, you made that look 2ez. Thanks a million!

No problemo

Are you not seeing a pattern to the enemy layouts, though? Everything in and around Yharnam is beasts and changing villagers alongside animals and vermin changed by the blood, dogs, crows, rats, the pig and the sewer corpses. Why would anything else be there?

The further out you go, the weirder it gets. The woods contains villagers alongside most of the verminous creatures, as it should, except now you have a new addition, the snakes. Same for Hemwick who has its women and Mad Ones.

Then you get to Byrgenwerth whose sole inhabitants are past experiments who make complete sense to their surroundings and totally different to everything you've encountered so far. Plain old villagers don't know about Byrgenwerth, why would they be there? Anyway, the Shadows would deal with anyone getting too close. Gardens of Eyes would only exist there, they're a unique enemy to that place being Byrgenwerth's attempt at artificial insight farms, but we see Brainsuckers and centipedes elsewhere.

Yahar'gul sits right under Yharnam, everything you meet there were villagers and other people melted down in blood and reformed for Mensis' purposes in various ways. Them being there makes perfect sense. It's corpse-themed for a reason.

Lecture Hall is full of, not surprisingly, past students. I wouldn't expect much else to be there and to be honest the Church Giant makes no sense to me. Mensis has a lot of different enemies, yes, all makes as much sense as everywhere else does. And don't forget that fucker hunter on the bridge.

Frontier has Yetis, Silverbeasts, Crawlers, another two hunters and Winter Lanterns. You can't really just discount enemies, you can run past a lot of stuff.

And that's not even counting the DLC's enemies.

Honestly, it's a lot of enemies throughout the game, each one is solid and makes sense where it's placed. I don't see a problem and I honestly think it's down to taste at this point.

>Brain Trusts
They're called Winter Lanterns.

There's a fucking Corpse/Statue doing that Gesture right before you enter it's room.

Can't tell where to go in Loran layer 3. Is there a secret path somewhere or some shit?

Would anyone like to help me take down NG+ Amelia?

Pass: noided

I'll be ringing by the boss fog

>Is there a secret path somewhere or some shit?
Not as I recall.

BL?

81, I also have shit gems so be prepared for a slog.

This
Shame his boss outfit isn't wearable

Although on closer inspection it looks like a ragged Old Hunter set with Top Hat

You should've farmed Mensis for droplets during NG.

Just found a 15% Phys Droplet in Central Pthu if anyone wants the glyph.

Still waiting for a cooperator?

Are you set to worldwide user?

I'm pretty sure the Hamlet droplets are better though. I always farm from there before NG+.

Yup I'm set to worldwide, but another user already helped me bully Amelia (thanks for the help Serge).

I'm trying to run through NG+ relatively quickly though so if anyone is trying to cooperate I'll be ringing. I'm probably headed to the forbidden woods now.

Niggas I have 50 VIT, 20 END, 50 STR, 25 SKL, 12 BLT, and 20 ARC.

What should I raise now?

I understand that enemies that are products of the scourge should be everywhere the scourge has hit, but the problem, particularly with the villagers, is that there isn't variety within that group. The villagers don't even change quotes based on where they are, and the ones in Gul don't make much sense given that they're identical to the Yharnam townsfolk. Yharnamites were out hunting, townsfolk in the ghoul were obliterated by the Mensis ritual, I don't see why the resurrected corpses of the latter would be identical to the former.

I'll try to be more concise: overall the enemy variety in Bloodborne is lacking in two ways: common enemies don't have enough variety between them given how frequently they show up, and areas with unique enemies have only one or two unique enemies and only those one or two, two factors which mean that overall the player doesn't have to change strategy or implement different mechanics meaningfully. I think this is one of the only ways in which CDs are better than the base game: a single room in a late-game CD can have a variety of different enemies that force the player to change approach or manage character placement. That almost never happens in the main game.

Yourself.
But seriously, why are you still leveling?

Playing NG+, why wouldn't I?

also raise myself didn't make much sense fampaitachi

>also raise myself didn't make much sense fampaitachi
He was making a homophone joke (whether by accident or on purpose IDK). Define "raze".

But raze refers to the destruction of some location. not to the destruction of oneself.

Only until someone tells you to raze yourself.

Also he did say "raise", and pot a picture of a dood hanging himself. Suppose he means hang yourself high.

You deserve either shitter.

>and the ones in Gul don't make much sense given that they're identical to the Yharnam townsfolk

Those guys ARE Yharnam townsfolk. Kidnapped by Bagmen as fodder for the ritual. All melted down and reformed/summoned by the Bell Maidens. They look identical because they ARE villagers.

I will agree that basic fodder enemies deviate from each very rarely. Personally, this doesn't bother me, because this is the case in most games in existence. Fodder is fodder, and unique enemies need to stand out. You can't have wholly unique mobs in every single encounters. Things will be reused for a bunch of reasons like saving memory or money or time or whatever. I think what they have designed is visually interesting enough to warrant how they're used, but this is just my taste.

I honestly always got the feeling Bloodborne was an experiment more than a big project for From and it accounts for the lack of variety or weir details in places. If Bloodborne was on the scale of the Souls games in length, who knows. As it is, I've never really minded.

Oh word kek...so about those attributes, why not level up? And wtf else should I spend my echoes on if I don't?

no there isn't
the make contact statue is in upper cathedral ward
the brain is in nightmare of mensis

Even if it was in the same area, and you thought to try it, it's not like you'd say "well that didn't do anything but I'd better hold it for a solid minute or so just to make sure"

>why not level up?
If you don't want to stay in the respectable 98 meta, or the shit-tier tryhard shameless 117 meta, there's no reason not to.

>And wtf else should I spend my echoes on if I don't?
Consumables?

Ritual materials too

Just in case anyone's interested for new character runs or whathaveyou, there's a 15% Phys Droplet, in Central Pthu Root, Layer 2, in a sarcophagus, gylph, 95dnpccw.

Do you lads do additional rites when you dungeon dive, or go as is? I didn't my first time because I was scared of being thumped. Or is it really not that bad in what's added?

These spawns stay the same for any character who goes there? We should share glyphs more often desu.

I'm no expert, but I assume each rite increases the rarity of gems dropped, meaning full CRF is the only way to go once you're at that point. Until you can navigate Cursed comfortably though, yeah, basically Rotted and Fetid probably aren't useful for much other than fun novelty.

>These spawns stay the same for any character who goes there?
Yes, the only exception I can think of being items the player is only allowed to have one copy of, such as Caryll Runes.

There are entire google docs dedicated to sharing CDs. Just that most anons are only concerned with CRFs.

Is Orphan's umbilical sword damage physical? I've never fought him with so little Vit and the rape is real

What are some good spots in the main story to get blood gems?

mensis bridge and the hamlet path to the rock

How does it feel knowing that if we didn't get Bloodborne, we would have gotten an excellent DaS2, and then an excellent DaS3?

That's implying he even has the DLC.