It is extremely easy for anyone in this country to have access to a military-grade truck...

It is extremely easy for anyone in this country to have access to a military-grade truck. No civilian needs a 10 ton vehicle capable of burning 20 gallons of fuel before refueling or going over 50 miles per hour.
How many more people have to die before we implement common sense truck regulations?

What the fuck why are they so goddamn cheap? I want one. Gonna be the king at the camping ground.

Holy shit are they really that inexpensive?

I'm sure parts are like a gorillion dollars tho

because they ride like a go cart and pretty much take an enormous amount of space up

Those are auctions and you probably need to do a ton of paperwork to drive it on the streets legally.

It's a 30-year old truck

They are great if you want to have a top speed of 45MPH and get 5 miles per gallon. But I still want one.

That thur's a camper, Son.

that's also almost certainly without tax and rego fees

Hell yeah, SHTF vehicles. Thanks for the link.

you're welcome lad
I'm surprised by the lack of preppers in the thread

>tfw want to prep
>tfw shitbox keeps breaking when I try and buy shit

if i had a garage with an entry large enough i would buy one of these in forest camo

they're loud, hearing protection loud
they're slow
they eat fuel (by design)
they're old
they're humungous

they're also cool as fuck tho. Bobbed ones look sort of like tonka trucks.

>buy one of these in forest camo
>buy in camo
pleb

How many military trucks are used to kill people each year? In fact the Nice attack was carried out in a rental common civilian cargo truck.
Face it, banning military trucks and military style trucks would solve nothing. You just want to ban them because they look scary.

The same could be said about AR-15s yet they get away with "assault rifle" bans :^)

cool
too bad a set of tires is like 10 grand

ebay.com/itm/331892205582

What everyone else said, plus they've probably had the shit whipped out of them by retarded army faggots

so your OP was pretending to be retarded
great to know

According to the website they all have >10k miles. Hard miles I'm sure but if those mileages are correct they should be in decent shape

Yeah 10k of the hardest miles you'll ever fucking see, as in give no fucks maintainence or operation, running with low or overfilled fluids, and just generally treated like, well, government property. Oh yeah don't forget the fucking billions upon billions of unrecorded idle hours where the truck just sat in its parking space for literally years and was started for a couple hours once or twice a week and the engine had never seen over 2000 rpm

>the engine had never seen over 2000 rpm
how is this bad

Guys, this is the last straw. We NEED to introduce common sense truck legislation before more people die in another mass plowing. It's time to institute a ban on high horsepower, automatic transmission vehicles.

When the driver hit those people the truck slowed down.
If he had a manual transmission, he wouldn't have had a chance to downshift and the engine would have stalled.
But because it was an automatic it downshifted and kept going.

The DAF truck used in this attack is powered by a Cummins 5.9L 6 cylinder 24Valve Turbocharged engine.
When Rudolf Diesel designed the first Diesel engine, it was meant to power farm equipment like tractors and bulldozers.
He never could have foreseen things like turbo charging and 6 cylinders and 6 liter capacity. These modern Diesels have more power than most aircraft engines.
These engines have immense amounts of torque that allowed the truck to keep plowing through people. Diesel engines belong on construction equipment not on our roads. The Diesel engine and automatic transmission basically turned the truck into an unstoppable bulldozer

Had it not been for a person's skull getting sucked in and blocking the Holset turbocharger, the truck and its absolute madman of a driver would have never been stopped.

Don't get me wrong guys I'm a car guy just like everyone here, but I think we need some common sense laws to prevent things like this from happening.

The French government has already vowed to eradicate the streets of Paris from Diesel engines by 2020, but they need to be stopped now.

Will someone make a petition? We cannot continue to live in fear that another oil burning black smoke spewing bulldozer is going to fall in the wrong hands.

#Niceattack #Niceterrorist #nomoremrNiceguy

Engines that don't get properly hot, run into water in oil issues from osmosis.

10/10

#NotAllTrucks