/vn/ - Funbag Fantasy Edition

Visual Novel General #1190

READ THE FOLLOWING, THIS IS IMPORTANT
>Having trouble with your VN? Try the following before you ask for tech support:
1. Be in Japanese locale
2. Read the Readme
3. Read the wiki below
4. Google it

>FAQs, Recommendations, and Other Useful Things:
visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/

>Need a novel with a specific element?
vndb.org/g

>Download Links:
pastebin.com/U7HUj0fk/

Previous threads:
pastebin.com/zeiYgLrs/

This general is for the discussion of Japanese visual novels.

Kindly use spoiler tags appropriately when discussing plot spoilers to facilitate smooth discussion.

Other urls found in this thread:

tlwiki.org/index.php?title=VN/Eroge_Script_sizes
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Females welcome! This is a safe space!

Again, what are some VNs similar to DS adventure games like Ace Attorney, 999, Ghost Trick and the such? And don't say ever17 just because the Zero's Escape guy made it, I hate moe.

What are some female friendly visual novels?

Can you not fuck with the OP? Retard.

Ever17 is actually good once you get past the slice of life bullshit.

Remember11 is basically the best mystery VN to ever be made. Uchikoshi had a hand in it too, but not much of one compared to Nakazawa, who is a far better writer.

Nakazawa was also responsible for Root Double, which is very good and in a similar vein. I/O counts as well, but it's fucking messy and doesn't stand out despite having great themes and music.

Is this a real article? Google doesn't give any results. Don't tell me some sad fuck on /vn/ faked an article just to shitpost, did he?

I think you're all missing the point when it comes to removing h-scenes. Here, I'll put it simply:

Unlike Japan, the West is not a giant misogynistic boys club. Here, where women are seen as equals, we must all do our part to make a whole half of the human race feel comfortable (no rape jokes, letting girls know it's okay if they don't shave... Removing misogynistic sex scenes.)

Reading VNs as a Western woman is already bad enough (my best friend who is female told me). We shouldn't make it harder by allowing racist, sexist scenes to stay in VNs.

Rance and Hanachirasu and Sonohana

It's a parody article of a marysue article that got really popular on /a/ a few months ago. It has all the same words, just edited for visual novels.

Ghakthun

Hello want to try out my favourite nukige scenes with me?

What's that? You posted on Veeky Forums? Created a meme? Got repeating digits?

Well, let me take this opportunity to congratulate you; the monkey learned a trick. Look at you, uploading comments. You're already spewing your vile filth all over the computer, huh?

Congratulations! You must have an IQ in the double digits! Here's a little piece of advice. The next time you're gonna unload your jealousies and inadequacies online, here's a little piece of advice. Here's a little piece of advice, slick. Next time you're gonna go on the computer (mommy and daddy bought you a new computer!), and you're going to unload your jealousy and inadequacies on somebody else, on a stranger? Just make sure you don't pick Sam Geno, the son of the Papa Geno Pizza empire. I've bought people like you. I've destroyed people like you.

It's nothing for me to call up my father, and have every pizza jockey in the nation have a photo of you, right above their oven. Thinking about you, my personal army of pizza makers. They'll put sauce on you. They'll lay you out. Swing you around in the air just like in the old movies. Then they'll destroy you. Piece by piece. Piece by delicious piece. Cheesy piece by cheesy crusty piece. They'll destroy you. That's option one. Option two is you can apologize to me. Just say you're sorry. Takes a big man to apologize, don't it? Humble yourself before a god, a pizza god?

The House in Fata Morgana.

>Remember11 is basically the best mystery VN to ever be made

Smug anime girls, is it?

Two can play at that game.

>best mystery VN to ever be made
That title belongs to Umineko and Umineko only.

I'm losing my fucking mind here.

So I'm playing Yumina the Ethereal, and very close to the end (I think?) I've done all 3 girls routes and have done most of the stuff in the Ordacle. Thanks to an user who told me about Cheat Engine a long time ago, I've been able to play the game mostly like a regular, non-RPG influenced VN. I wouldn't have finished it otherwise. But I've done all the stuff I can in the Ordacle and can't seem to continue. To be precise, I got the sword/shield/scabbard, and when I try to go back in there on replays, nothing happens. I think I've run through the game one or two more times extra at this point, I just want to get this over with so I can play another VN (my computer doesn't have enough space to hold two at once). So can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

On a related note, if I wrote up a guide about how I used Cheat Engine to blaze through Yumina, would anyone be interested? Would that be a good thing to put in the wiki?

pffffffftahHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

looks like we've got a recent migrant from r/vns

Young michel was a cutie. Up there with healed morgana and Nellie

This. Why is the grown up version so ugly.

Dear Sam Gino,
I thought you were bullshitting when you uploaded this last year. I thought nothing of it.
I lived my life normally all through the year. I even moved out of my folks place after they bought me that new computer. I guess that moved merely delayed the inevitable. It’s funny how time can lull one into a false sense of security.
It was 3 months ago, I had a craving for a pizza so I ordered one online to have it delivered to my place. I waited around 45 minuets for my cheesy treat, an average time for where I live. I was watching the Hut Hut Hut Futbol Hour™ on the TV when I got a knock at the door. I opened up the door and was pleased that it was the delivery man. He was looking down at his pizza sleeve and about to say what my total was when he got a look at my face.
He paused for a long time so I cut in to the silence “ H-how much will the ‘za be?”
All he said was “it’s on tha house.”
I was dumbfounded. As he removed my pizza from its hot sleeve he opened the box. “Yum, yum big boi, cheesey delight, is everything correct?”
“Yes, it’s the best looking pizza I have ever seen.”
“Good.”
His warm smile melted into a scowl as he hurled my pizza onto the roof of my apartment. My happiness quickly turned to terror. He ran back to his car, all the while I screamed and raved about my pizza. He peeled out in his car and was across the street in seconds. He ran out of his car and into the pizza parlor.
Ever since then there have been strange things happening to me. From waking up with a knife driven into my bed while I slept, to my refrigerator being emptied and filled up with jars of urine.
I don’t know what they are going to do next and I fear for my life. A large, burly man wearing a greasy wife beater comes and knocks on my door sometimes. I would move but my landlord shoots me the same look the pizza delivery man did that day.

>tlwiki.org/index.php?title=VN/Eroge_Script_sizes
Damn, isn't there another page somewhere with the same information? There's still the version google kept in cache, but it doesn't allow you to sort...

I know there aren't any girls on here

Is Koiken otome any good?

No. Thoroughly mediocre.

I like lolis.

What do you play in english then?

>play
You mean read.

Aoi shiro is a pretty good mystery too.

ded

Did she collect all that cum alone?