How do you force yourself to not drive like an eco faggot when running the touge?

How do you force yourself to not drive like an eco faggot when running the touge?

Whenever I come to a fun stretch of road I'm still in the kind of 'mode' to be super conscious of my fuel economy (fuel is expensive as shit here and my car likes a drink) and end up doing most of the road in 6th.

How do you drive on a fun stretch of road? Revving the piss out of a car hitting the rev limiter over and over probably isn't too healthy for it and all that happens (to me anyway) is the brakes just give up.

good question it happens to me too, so i enter momentum mode

Your mentality is fucking retarded. Lose your car and drive a manual one. If you cared so much about fuel cost you shouldn't be driving.

Nice reading skills retard.

Just have fun with it. If you're afraid of wasting fuel, try and take the highest speed you can through a corner rather than worrying about going fast in the straights.

Sell your car for anything with a v8, then you don't have to worry about fuel economy. Alternatively, stop being a beta cuck.

When you hit the fun road, downshift 2 gears.

>the brakes just give up
This seems like a bigger issue than you being a pussy about fuel consumption

never understood people's problem with that bmw e36 model specifically
its the best one after e30

>how do I go fast without using up fuel
Nice mentality retard

How do you mean?

really makes you think...

kek

The short butt reminds me of golfs or something from japan. I like long coupes, not hatchbacks. Just preferences.

I sell my body for gas money. As long as business is boomin' I'm zoomin'

im getttin really turend on

I have the opposite problem.

I try as hard as i fucking can to be conscious of my fuel economy, but if something happens and i accidentally accelerate a bit too hard, it's done. As soon as i hear the engine get past 3.5k i need to hear it finish, and then finish the next gear, etc. Before i know it i'm driving like a complete dick.

It's got to the point where i went to look at a Mirage at a Mitsubishi dealer because i'm 100% scared of losing my license driving a car that's capable of any power.

Sounds like you've got some self control issues. Have you tried taking your car onto a track to get it out of your system?

If you don't find driving fast fun why do it?

Also investigate your brakes, brake fade is dangerous and being left with no brakes at all could kill you.

I do, for sure, that's just one example of it.

I do plan on going to a track eventually, it means taking time off work and travelling quite a distance to reach my nearest track.

Try living in a country where your government doesn't tax gas so much faggot

>Just move to a different country! Problem solved!

I got a pretty bad ticket in my 5.0 mustang. Got a PJC which means for the next 3 years I cant fuck up or get even one ticket.

Since like 90% of speed offenses occur on the highway (at least where im at they do) you just use cruise control and set to current speed limit.

People can get fucked if they want to get pissed im going the speed limit. Middle finger all day long to the idiots in asheville who think driving the speed limit in the right lane is an offense unto them.

Im not getting another ticket on account of some other idiots impatient.

Good thing is I live on rural mountain backroads where I havent seen one officer, so I get it all out of my system there.

Cruise control, live it, love it learn it.

I was extremely lucky, got caught doing 170km/h in a 100 area (canada). I just got my car out of the shop, just gave her a good polish and went for a joy ride. Was passing some ford ranger doing 90, and it doesn't take long for my car to reach 160-180 from 90. Just happened to be that the car in the oncoming lane was a cop (2 lane highway, one each way, i had a passing area).

As soon as i realized it was a cop i just pulled over, maybe even before the disco lights came on. Didn't know until she came up to my car that i didn't have my current insurance information with me either...

Once she confirmed the car wasn't stolen she was extremely nice about it. She gave me a fine, but for 120km/h, and had to give me one for my insurance, but as long as i brought in the appropriate insurance information she'd drop the insurance charges. I brought in the information of course and paid my 120km/h fine.

Got a cheque in the mail about a month later saying that the charge was dropped and she never actually charged me for the speeding. Got super fucking lucky.

TL;DR cop caught me doing 170+ km/h in a 100 zone and let me off.

Anyhow, as far as cruise control goes i generally go by the same logic. Long road trips i set it to 110 and leave it there. Problem is when the guy in front of me is doing 80 or 90. We don't live in an area where there's multi lane highways, so passing is a matter of gunning it past someone in a dotted line area before oncoming traffic reaches you. As soon as that happens, i just can't help but keep going...

you're white

Everyone in eastern Canada is white...