/rwg/

/rwg/ - Rimworld General

Everyone is happy edition.

rimworldgame.com/

RimWorld follows a number of survivors from a crashed space liner as they build a colony on a frontier world at the rim of known space. Inspired by the space western vibe of Firefly, the deep simulation of Dwarf Fortress, the epic scale of Dune, and Warhammer 40,000.

FAQ: ludeon.com/blog/faq/
Wiki: rimworldwiki.com/
Mods: ludeon.com/forums/index.php?board=12.0 (also check steam workshop)
Recommended Modlist: pastebin.com/gPWvMJVq
Please leave any suggestions for the OP pastebin as replies to this post.

previous colony

Other urls found in this thread:

ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=25549.0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1st for who has a link for A15

Post your best colonists.

3rd for use a public tracker.

Does my prison need anything more? (Besides more finished beds.)
Butcher Table and Clothes Furnace should be self explanatory.

STOP THIS SHIT! SEND ME HUMAN RAIDERS!
I ALREADY HAVE ENOUGH PLASTEEL, CASSANDRA!

>flatscreen TV
>table
>chairs
>actual beds
>lights
it's shit m8.

but the guy butchering and burning clothes has to have a nice environment to work in...

Nice.

>beta orbiter has been rebuffed F I V E times by a married gay woman
>keeps doing it anyways
option to imprison and enslave colonists when

Chemical Castration mod

WHEN

Dunno if the best, but at least most versatile

You probably don't want my carefully prepared killing machines.

So,I've jsut started a tundra run as tribals,the growing season being 11 days long. How much food and wood am I going to need to survive the cold seasons.

Doesn't matter, because you farm during winter.

Well these aren't the smartest bugs, that's for goddamn sure

With what? No electricity and it probably takes plenty of torches to farm in the winter, wood being incredibly scarce. The only saving grace I have is like 4 geovents near eachother. Got any actual useful advise or jsut here to be snarky?

10x10 potatoes per colonist.

why would mechanoids want to raid you anyway

Research electricity, you pillock.

what mod?

>using electricity as a tribal

Don't be a bitch ass nigga.

That's not a mod.

>being a tribal in the first place
it's like playing no mans sky and saying you can never repair your starship

Ask them.

Anyway, I've managed to kill them without any serious damage, except an arm shot off.

really? last version I played was alpha 13 but I'm on alpha 15b now

>I'll get around to electricity,but for muh RP I'm gonna research in an order that makes actual sense. If you wanna powergame go ahead.

I think 14 introduced infestations. They can happen if you have any part of your base under mountain.

Fun times when they spawn in your hospital.

>26k silver

post your money vault

Well, I don't know if this is what you were looking for, but here. I keep my silver in the workshop.

she just cant catch a break

>They can happen if you have any part of your base under mountain.
>mfw my base is entirely underground
oh boy oh man how fucked am I gonna be when one of these things pops up.

Well, I'm an idiot

this base design is absolutely revolting

I don't actually design bases, I build them as I need them.

Cookie cutter layouts are so boring.

Which drugs are profitable?

Crack and weed are the most profitable ones.

Do I need to prepare the joints, or will the leaves be profitable? (I don't want my colonists smoking it.)

The joints are more profitable. You can do as I do and schedule use only when mood goes under 15%, or deny it altogether from the drug policy menu.

selling it in bulk form allows you to sell a large volume of it without triggering a police raid

Can I get a picture of a good killbox for Alpha 15? The killbox I am using at the moment is a bit funky and I need a colonist to bait them in or they'll just break through the door.

>You can do as I do and schedule use only when mood goes under 15%, or deny it altogether from the drug policy menu.
My main concern are colonists with chemical fascination. I denied all of them drugs, forbade the stacks and yet the dipshit decided to binge.

Arrest them when they're binging. If you really want a secure drug storage, you can wall the room in. Takes a bit of micro, but that way there's no way nobody can ever get their hands on the stuff.

...police raid? Is that a real thing? I didn't see anything about it in the update notes.

Is 5 colonists the bare minimum for a comfortable colony?

1: research / medicine / warden
2: mine
3: cook
4: construct / craft / tailor
5: grow / handle animals

Anything after that is bonus.

Since the Crashlanded scenario makes you begin with three guys I guess I would merge 1+3 and 2+5.

What do you think?

It's not in the patch notes since it's supposed to be a hidden thing. If you make more than 30k silver total or I think 5k in one go by selling drugs, you'll get raided.

Its fun user, you work faster and less useless colonies to feed. Enjoy the game.

That's actually pretty fuck'n neato. Has there been anything else hidden like that? I love shit like that.

What the fuck are you talking about? I've literally never had that happen.

That open section in the lower left was actually hidden inside a mountain. I mined my way into an open field that I used as a corpse farm

How do you guys feel about that careful planning mod that lets you manually set starting skills of characters?

I enjoy it, simply because I get to add the psyco trait to all my pawns without EVERYONE being forced to have it like in custom scenarios.
+ Making 2 of them lovers and one family relationship pair
I do see how people could call it cheating though.

cheating

if you random everything and save them even if you didn't change any stat the total points get fucked up and it won't let you advance

cheating and broken

wtf are those shitty diagonal walls

If I completely mine a hill and remove all the rock roof; those that solve my insect problem. Bastard nearly killed my bear.

get on my level

Uhhh, Randy? Y'okay there buddy?

inb4 >literally cheating

Scratch that, loks like I have a bigger problem to deal with right now. Have 14 orion members halves using orion rocket launchers with 2 tanks age 1 and 5. How fucked am I?

Can you only try to recruit visitors with a mod? Is there anything you can do with visitors that don't have a trader accompanying them?

>rocket launchers and tanks
unless you have a nice killbox pretty fucked

arrest them.

Is how the story ends? All those hours building a home...just like that. That is fucking bullshit.

rip

so how do i actually get rid of alpha beavers

are they some evil manhunter threat of death or is it just a meme

>so how do i actually get rid of alpha beavers
Kill them.
>are they some evil manhunter threat of death or is it just a meme
Depends on the rng, they can sit quietly while you kill them all or go berserk after the first shot.

they have a 1.25% chance to go man hunter when attacked, just kill them

How? I don't see any option to do so.

why not make a minefield out of that large space

Draft one of your dudes and try again.

i will, i am putting everything into making it better now
i still need to add some extra turrets in case of commando/orion core raids

What's a good way to defend against warg attacks?
I have a square base out in the open, with 3 turrets guarding the entrance, but it gets overrun pretty quickly.

vs man hunter packs you can always just bunker down and wait them out
the moment they spawn shut down the turrets so they dont aggro the animals, get everyone inside and forbid the doors leading out

>Someone throws a party during corn harvest time

that dumb slut

post worst colonists

I sorta did that. I recalled everyone back to base, but they started attacking a door of mine.
They stopped a little bit after and just swarmed my turrets. I survived, but a ton of my colonists lost fingers and toes.

i havent really had them attack my doors, maybe they saw you going inside through that door ?
they only attack turrets if the turrets fire first

What can i do with a pet chinchilla?

Eat it? Can it haul?

Breed it until you have 1,000 of them, and give them Release and a single master.

This guy over here, he is harmless.

Colony update
All the infections have been cured, bitch fell from a pod, still constructing the wall. So far so good

Lucky, the last one i got, is really good at art, so i'll be building statues from any non-granite stone i get. haven't touched statues yet so this should be cool

LITERALLY SECONDS AFTER POSTING THE UPDATE

do you not have dining tables at all

oh shit, thank you for reminding me. I broke the one i had because it was shit quality, and forgot to build a new one because i got raided right after i deconstructed them

Leave it there and pop it when the next human raid happens.

what kind of kindling can i use to burn out bugs? old clothing? Can i kill with a 1 square stack of wood?

ship only had 4 scyther's, and i could easily kill them because i built cover. Also heatwave so i guess i'm building fucking air conditioners

if you are deeper inside a mountain the temperature in your rooms will be at the average for the season
so heatwaves and cold snaps dont affect you

In a funny turn of events, four people somehow got gutworms, forcing me to amputate all of their stomachs.

ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=25549.0
>hives will try their best to not spawn in your home area
>if all caves are home area it will be forced to do it
>when hive reaches max size it sends out manhunter bugs to bring in animals/pawns

I opened a mystery box and it was full of unhostile bugs, do i let them be?

Btw, they are able to wander in my base because the boxe was against it.

>make home in one mountain
>dig big holes in other mountain across map
>angry bug neighbors paying visits

the peoples i rescued are dying because colonist don't help "visitors" even when they are in our infirmery.

>rescued
just let them die

5 can work. 7 feels more comfortable for me because I can have 2 dedicated haulers/cleaners who also handle odd jobs and prioritized tasks.

Orbital trading is
O P E R A T I O N A L

Is the triple rocket launcher any good? It's on sale, and I'm hesitating.

It can be useful for emergencies. Beware collateral damage.