Corvette C5 general

the C5 is my favorite corvette, any owners want to share there experiences? im saving up for one as my first car

Other urls found in this thread:

roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a29798/corvette-z06-trackday-hero/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is there any way to make a C5 look like less of a boomer-mobile while still keeping it tasteful?

hopefully not
too many retarded boy racers would want one then.
could raise prices

why not c6? its better in every way.

>heavier
>less power
>costs more

>better in every way

nice try 2/10

>heavier
By less power
Complete lie
>costs more
Holy shit a newer car costs more?

Going to samefag any harder?

only good for going in a straight line.
if you want to have fun with it at the track I suggest you get something else because you will only be able to go about 60-80 mph going through a turn which is very very very very very slow. it is pretty tail happy with that kind of moneyyou are better off buying a lotus elise.

A C5 would be terrible as a first car

>roomy trunk
>good highway MPG
>enough power to be fun
>not enough to feel frantic
>forgiving clutch

Seems fine to me

And enough power to get a newbie in trouble

It's a good car, but not a good first car

what do you mean nice try? C6 performance is way better than C5. Have you even compared the specs???

Is it true they have really cheap insurance due to the ownerbase being mostly grey-haired boomers who don't care about driving?

What do you want to know?

>this tint
How ugly are you?

You can get a c5 for like 15k. You can't get an elise for the same price, fuckwad

nope
nope
exactly my point moron

nope, baby boomer a with corvette is now a meme in this generation.

you do know that corvettes are track monsters right? They handle very well.

I have to agree. The C5 is my favorite style of Corvette, bht I also really like the C4 and C6. The new electronics in the C7 are nice, but I'm not a fan of the aesthetic.

>less than a second slower around the track

>murders it everywhere else
>looks better
>sounds better

Alphonse, you've done better.

>m saving up for one as my first car
You will wreck it, and insurance will rape your underage ass

>excuses

>implying it won't rape him beforehand

Betcha OP can't afford the insurance as a newb driver with a sports car

GMR?

Modern wheels

Yep

I'm thinking about putting the A&A Vortech supercharger in my A4, do you have any experience with that?

>0-60 in 2.5 seconds
Come on now

No, but I was planning on doing that next year. Do you have a stall already?

I don't understand why Veeky Forums doesn't circle jerk over the C5 more.

They are cheap enough now and are decently fast in stock form.

Most of Veeky Forums can only afford four figure shitboxes

Plus it's considered a boomer car

roadandtrack.com/car-culture/a29798/corvette-z06-trackday-hero/

first car, really? you'll regret it.

here's a reply for your collection

>excuses

Also short wheelbase, so any loss of traction will not end well

>this assmad

Okay alphonse, you got me. I'm angry.

And a lightweight fibreglass body that would make insurance companies want to wrote the car off rather than fix it

I've been very close to buying a c5 or c6 ever since I sold my SRT4.

I was going to get one last weekend and it sold the day before I was going to get it.

I'd like a c5 z06 but the best interest I can get through a local bank for a 01-04 c5 or 05-06 c6 is going to be 6.6% which is more than I really want to have on a car loan. If I get a 2007 or newer it'd only be 3.2% so I've been looking but then they're getting to be $25000+ for nice low mile m6 cars. More than I care to spend for a fun weekend car.

I could afford to buy a cheaper base c5 cash for 12k-ish but I'd rather keep a good amount in my bank account for whenever a decent house comes along for a down payment.

I just want to get a c5 or c6, throw a cam in it with supporting mods/exhaust/tune. Some suspension - and have a solid cruiser that can pull mid-high 11 second passes on the 1/4 mile and can be competitive in local autocross events.

Try to find a base C5 FRC

No giant glass hatch like the other base c5, and without the Z06 tax

actually have been checking for those. was a nice one on LS1tech a couple months ago I would of bought if my SRT4 had been sold already.

I got a 3% apr. look up penfed credit union. If you have good-great credit they do loans on older cars for low rates. That's what I got my c5z through.

In my mind you're better off buying a base over a Z06 if you're planning to mod it anyway.

Unless there's something really special about the Z06 I'm missing

I have driven both the C5 and the C6.

I can confirm the C6 is way better to drive than the C5.

The C6 feels like a sports car. Steering is tight and nimble, and body movement is moderately stable at the limit. The ride is firm, but the body stays reasonably controlled over bumps. It feels slightly less comfortable to ride than in a modern compact car.

In comparison to the C6, the C5 feels like a wheelbarrow. It feels top-heavy. It rolls so much, and steering feels like it's fighting to stay straight on corners. It's handling is comparable to modern compact cars, but with a shaky and harsh ride included. Over bumps, the very hard interior plastic squeaks and shutters, along with the rest of the body, and it can be felt through the seats.

Talking specifically about the c5 tho, obviously the c6 has the ls7

It's more for the value of it.

really the c5 z06 especially is nothing special. By the time you put an aftermarket cam in it you've negated the primary things mechanically that separate the z06 when it comes to power.

Have you driven the c5z? I can't compare to a normal c5 or c6, but people say it has more of a racecar feel. That the c6 feels more refined( not that that's bad). I would love to be able to drive a c6. Either or its all preference. Throw enough money at either platform and you will have a winner.

>im saving up for one as my first car

nah son

if you want a v8 save for a gto or something

C5 stock suspension is pretty soft and made to be comfy for boomers.

Most people that want a sporty drive on the c5 install the c5z bits for suspension.

>there

THEIR

Bullshit