How do I into Rally?

>be me
>18 y/o who's always loved watching rallying
>I have $10k and a friend who wants to codrive with me

I'm in the Seattle area, how do I get into rallying? Are there youth rallies? What kind of car should I go for?

Thanks Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6PBDxpLjAoY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First result in youtube you fucking retard, good luck trying to interpret pacenotes.

I FORGOT THE FUCKING LINK

youtube.com/watch?v=6PBDxpLjAoY

kek thanks dude

You're going to need a lot more than $10k, kiddo.

he really doesnt, kiddo

Why? I'll obviously start throwing more money in if I continue with it, but as a starting point to buy a car and gear isn't 10k enough?

fwd is shit loser and your shitbox isnt a rally car

Ignore the loser.
Only way forward is to join a relevant sanctioned car club an go from there. I'd recommend buying an already established, caged and log booked car over piecing one together, unless you're just using a shitbox for sprint events and the like.

your bus pass isn't a rally car either

least im not trying to turn my shitbox civic (at best) DD into a rally car while jacking it to group b vids

For amateur rally an FWD shitbox is perfect. Cobalts are a staple of my local track.

Shinu

>it's another post by the 'fwd is shit civic can't rally' guy

You realized group b was rear bias awd right? Moron

Even the thing FWD is "best" at its only second best
Meanwhile
ff can't touge
Can't drift
Can't race
If takumi had a civic he would have lost every race or crashed

Buy a used rally car that is built by a trusted fabricator in the are. Or get an old civic or Mazda, or any FWD car without beam axle rear suspension. Start with FWD if you actually want to learn how to drive. RWD if you are just in it for shits and giggles. Don't do AWD unless you want to spend endless amounts of money.

For credibility sake I was the suspension engineer for Dirtfish's BRZ, used to do data analysis for their GRC team, and now I am the Data Inspector for the GRC series.

Replying more. There is rally sprints or whatever that this guy named Kito is going. I think his IG is ByKito or something like that. Look him up. It is a great way to get started because it doesn't require multiple days that a normal stage rally would but it isn't in a grass field like rallycross is. Kito is a cool dude and is super into the sport. If you reach out to him I am sure he would be willing to talk with you about how to get into the sport. He is based in the NW.

But double wishbone is bad for rally

Baiting hard

Hah
Hahaha

Fwd sucks

>fwd is shit because a meme rally group from over 30 years ago was rear bias awd
>fwd is shit because a meme chinese cartoon character from drove rwd
some valid arguments you got there

>FWD is better because all the serious competition quit or was regulated out
>MONSIEUR LOEB I APPILY ACCEPT YOUR ROD INTO MY ASS

Alright Veeky Forums! transform my DD into a rally monster!
can anyone tell me about these "rally transmissions" takumi is famous for

I normally am with you but racing on the dirt is completely different than tarmac. Saturn Ion Redline wrecked the fuck out of some Subarus at an X-Games. AWD is the obvious answer but I would pick FWD over RWD for racing that is strictly over dirt/snow. Not only that but a slow FWD shtibox is great for beginners because you learn to keep speed through turns since you can't just blast the piss out of it to get back to speed.

what about street racing? real racing?

>Street racing
>Skill

Pick one.

This guy gets it.

watch this series
its called Initial D
theres a reason the best cars and drivers there were RWD

Is it street racing if it's not on the street?
Whether fucking off or competitively racing I would take FWD over RWD if it was 100% over dirt/snow. Since I live in Texas now I'm not worried about that although I would like to find some dirt roads that aren't completely fucked or on someones property.

just admit it
RWD is superior to FWD

>>FWD is better because all the serious competition quit or was regulated out
u wot m8

I said that "normally I am with you" in that I prefer RWD, but when it comes to offroad I would rather have FWD and actually think it's the ONLY place it is superior to RWD... regardless of that this was a rally question thread and so I suggested FWD.

>prefer RWd
because its better?
because its better?
because its better?

Yes you autistic fuck in almost all cases RWD is vastly superior to FWD. On 'the touge', on tarmac tracks, obviously for drifting, even for a daily driver there are many places RWD has it's obvious advantages.... but RWD shitbox vs FWD shitbox in amateur rally I would take the FWD all day every day

Just stop driving on the road when possible.

>RWD is better on the touge, track, drift
This is b8 anons.

>this guy
i seriously hope for his sake that he's only trolling

>Watch my weeaboo shit!
>This totally relates to reality!

Rally will always require more skill, sorry kiddo.

but tsuchiya and takumis dad says street racing is ultimate

Wow. Lonely night, huh?

A $10k budget is not in your cards unless you rent a full-service car from someone like Team O'Neil or Broken Motorsports. The average cost of attending a single Rally America event is upwards of $3000 just in entry fees, lodging, parts, and fuel. Assuming you were to get a shitty second-hand car for under the remaining $7000, you now have to factor in the safety gear that's going to tack on an additional $1k+.

Just do Rallycross. It's 90% of the fun at 1% of the price.

How do I make sure my battery is tight and secure in my car? What can I do to strengthen it

Buy cheap shitbox with snow tires, start rallycrossing, Volunteer for crewing some of the rallyamerica teams at different locations. Go from there. \

Dropping a couple of grand on DirtFish rally school is optional.

I'm serious when I say this. Get a miata and get a roll bar and a hardtop. That'll run you about $5k and then you have $5k in mods and performance. Otherwise, some notable cars would be any old audi, Mercedes, vw will be good

please please dont listen to this post

What are rally rules towards modifications
What's allowed ?
Engine swaps ?

I can vouch for dirthfish. They're extremely helpful and very friendly. If you do a last minute sign up and they have openings they'll usually give you a pretty good discount. Their three day course is very involved and they cover some very interesting and useful topics. The track isn't half bad either. Met their race crew the last time I was out there and they were pretty fucking cool. Played some Forza with them while they waited for the class to finish so they could do some runs on the track. Pic I took when they were putting an RS200 back into the showroom after a car show a few months ago.

No idea why that rotated after upload, sorry.

You'll have more fun in a slow car. And die less. It's more fun to be limited by the car's performance than to have your performance limit the car.

Come on

FWD>RWD in rally.
Now shut your hole, weeb.

Guy doesnt know shit about rally in the us. A whole lot of fabrication is required to make miatas legal. Not worth it.

>rallying
>in burgerland

Good luck

Ok op heres what you need
>Lots of money
Oh whats that you dont think you'll need more than 10k?
TOO BAD
Its literally one of the most expensive motorsports to get into because you will always be breaking everything, totaling cars, rebuilds everything under the fucking sun.

Not to meantion the cost of actually entering and prepping a car for stages and then you gotta have a fucking crew, sponsors and shit.

Just get a beater and rally around back dirt roads for 5 years until you get sick of it.

Hell i did.

Best times to rally are early in the morning or really late at night when nobody is around.

be prepared to get your shit pushed in and shit your pants.

Dirt, Gravel, mud and offroad surfaces are cruel and unpredictable as fuck

>Runs to tarmac/concrete and kisses it

Good luck

Oh dont forget the having boatloads of cash.

how u get 10k?

There are autocross on dirt events that are much cheaper than rallying and you can use a totally standard car. It's probably a better place to learn the skills you need and you can share the car (and costs) with your co-driver

you will never get anywhere near top tier rally events. 95% rally drivers either have rally parents or grew up racing go-karts and picked up contacts and names to get into rally teams. Unless you have the cash to make a $2M rally car yourself without a team you can't into rally.

Shut up you bitter failures

Die

get a cheap shitty beater off CL and find a local amateur group

Pic related, this dude won our local fwd SCCA with a stock 4 banger camry

Can you into rally with a supra MK3 and expect to get anything done?

You're a funny guy

What do I need to to to my miata to rally? Bigger tires and coil overs on max height? I'll obviously get lights and shit so I can look the part

Is a honda del sol the best honda rally car you can buy?

To legally rally there needs to be a non removable metal roof. So lots of sheet metal, time, and a welder.

>helo guiz just got an awd subaru outback, howe do i ralley xdddddddddd
t. every subaru owner ever

dont pajeros have double wishbone upfront and multilink rear?