>Are you new to bikes? Have a read
>Boring webums with sounds
>Previously on /dbt/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F0ZPJ163Inc
youtube.com/watch?v=Fd8sfrVdHRM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for weed is natural and honda a shit

Do you guys keep a good JIS screwdriver or bit handy for working on your Japanese bikes?

I need to pick one up myself.. I usually just end up using the POS screwdriver that came included in the bike's toolkit.

xth for if you dont wear proper gear and a helmet you are the super retard

2006 DRZ400S
2006 KLR650
2001 XR-650R, street legal

50% putting around town
30% freeway riding
20% dirt road riding

Opinions? I'm starting to think it doesn't really matter.
Follow up bike will probably be sport touring.

i really don't see the problem with owning a 2 stroke 50cc for dooting around town when you're not busy wearing down the chicken strips

True. It's usually the 'bro, wigger' type of guys or the Veeky Forums I live a home with no bike guys.

KLR

XRR if you can find a good one that's already been converted and plated. Keep in mind though that those bikes were pretty much specifically designed to destroy the Baja 1000 and as such, they're a legit race bike and will require more frequent maintenance than the DRZ or KLR. Note how small the oil capacity is for the XRR compared to a KLR, DRZ, or DR650.

I've ridden all 3 of those bikes he's considering and the KLR was just tragic, it feels like a bus.

I'd get the dr-z soon as he's probably slow as fuck off-road and wouldn't be benefiting much from the xr650r

I'd hoon around my neighborhood on one but I think that'd get old after a while. In my area you can't really get anywhere without traveling on 50MPH+ roads and I'd be afraid to try that on a 50cc scoot-scoot.

all depends on location, i'd lean towards larger displacement if getting anywhere meant main roads

But for realz, what do you guys think EBR should do next? I was thinking they should start simple. Make a 500-600cc reliable V-twin that they can make a cheap naked, supersport, and maybe a sport touring or ADV or something.

That way they can get into the cheap beginner market and build a customer base because 90% of people stay loyal to their first bike brand. Then when they get that going they can let Erik go nuts and make crazy shit.

I don't think I want a converted race bike just due to the excessive wear that they've got, relatively speaking.

>the current year
>not living in a town of under 500
>not traversing from place to place on a weed eater engine strapped to a bicycle

It's like you hate fun...

reminder that honda a shit

Sorry, had a brain fart while typing. Meant to say he should get a DR650.

they should make a 450cc supermoto with perimeter brake rotors and fuel-in-frame technology and shit.

Just so I can see what it would look like.

you mean the buell blast?

Why do fairings always have that one screw/nut/fixing that is a massive bitch to get to

Eh, I live in the suburbs now but I'll be selling my house soon and moving back out in the sticks where I belong.

Sorta, but not a gigantic turd.

Why would you want this? Just so you could have an unnecessarily complicated and expensive hooligan bike?

>any type of smoke in your lungs is natural
ayy lmao

>food in your stomach being natural

>Just you wait

WHEN that happens Ducati will replace the Panigale with a new model,I predict in 2 years from now. And the S1000R will be replaced with a new model too. WHEN the Ebr debuts in 5 years from now it will be an old dated bike like the ktm rc8.

>caring about chicken strips

Bench racing is for plebs who can't ride.

>comparing food with smoke
Stop any time now pls

food is something given to us by god that we consume for reasons
so is the ganja. in your case food and weed being consumed is synonymous to drinking jizz

who doesnt drink jizz tho?

>2016
>referencing a deity

>a 4 year old company builds a bike that's as fast as Ducati's top of the line superbike
stay cucked eurofag.

refine the 1190RX first of all, it'll need to meet euro 4 soon to be sold worldwide and that's a good chance to fix up some niggling things about it, maybe add 6-axis IMU.

Whats /dbt/ opinion on motorcycle clubs? (not necessarily outlaws)

DSD a best

>for reasons
That's a roundabout way of saying survival, unless you're implying you need weed as much as food to survive.
Anyway, enjoy drinking jizz since its apparently your preferred sustenance

>Whats /dbt/ opinion on motorcycle clubs? (not necessarily outlaws)

Im a member of my university club, does that count?
As an Aussie there is a lot of hate for motorbike clubs but personally I think to each his own, + the human right to free association

/street Marquez/

Have a rothmans to go with your luckies.

god i miss these bikes...

alright lads, rode the grom 5 hours today at my msf class, nothing fast unfortunately but here's my takeaways
>tiny clutch zone
Had to have it almost fully open to go anywhere
>terrible seat
Anything more than an hour or two is gonna make your ass hurt
>light, super maneuverable
Very easy to throw around, lots of fun
>strong
Good power output for such a small engine, I'm only 140lbs or so though.
>small
Tad cramped at 6ft
>exhaust
Beastly sound

I'd give it an 8/10 for its class. Awesome bike and tons of fun.

wat year grom

Any groms in Australia yet?

New (shit)bike, boiz.

They're selling the facelifted ones here, but the not the original ones.

Yea they are being shipped in now. they are the streetfighter styled version and I've got one arriving tuesday/wednesday

No clue, over 3 years old though, that's when they got them

>tfw took the class before the grom was released
Would have been so much more fun than the XT225 I had.

Streetfighter style groms? Tell me more

They are just with a different seat, fairing, and headlight but honda calls it "streetfighter styled"

This?

I'd rather the XT225.

>jap cuckfest

this is some shit kkk would enjoy

youtube.com/watch?v=F0ZPJ163Inc

im really new to bikes, dont have a license yet, and need something to get from school and home quickly and efficiently. anyone here recommend a honda ruckus (or any similar

yea that one on the left

Wouldn't the screwdriver that came with the bike's factory toolkit be a JIS?

Is that supposed to be a rear pillion seat??? holy fuck

Yes, which is why I use it but it's tiny and cheaply made and the handle sucks on it and I'd much rather have a nice one to use when wrenching on my jap bikes / atvs.

Perfect if all you need is a third-world ass mover and you never need to break 40 mph. They're cheap and reliable. Of all the CVT scooters out there, it's probably the best per dollar.

Seriously though getting your license isn't hard especially if you're in the US. You can get a used bike in pretty good shape for just as much as a Ruckus would cost new. Plus riding motorcycles is fucking fun and stress relieving.

Also don't be one of those people who thinks that just because you're on a 49cc bike, it means you don't have to wear a helmet. Wear a helmet. Shit's dangerous.

tell me more
I really want a k75 naked but I can't justify it.
how are your rear splines lol

thanks for the advice senpai that is basically what i need

oh, and i take that shit seriously i'd definitely wear a helmet

1987 K100

Picked it up for $50 and half a pizza

It has a few electrical hickups and a leak but nothing crazy,

I always use the bikes toolkit JIS/Flatblade combo all the time, works great. Nice fat handle, only problem is it can slide out of the handle sometimes,

so it really is a shitbike then
sounds complicated homie

I can't hear my engine when riding on the highway, would wearing earplugs improve things?

Depends, what are you hearing instead of the engine, wind?

Whispers of the skid demons and wind.

>Whispers of the skid demons and wind.

remember to wear the sacred talismans and sacrifice at least one (1) rodent before taking highway trips to appease the unholy one.

In terms of the wind yea earplugs might help but I haven't used them for a long time but should start as my hearing is beginning to go

>You only hear the skid demon when your number is up.

RIP

>tfw great deal in your area
>tfw no moneys

Lol, I don't want one. It'd probably be horrendously priced, and then not even that great. But I want to SEE it.

We’re ingesting so much fear from animals — veganism would solve everything.

>tfw could feel the tire slipping while going in a straight line
I ran over an already-dead roadkill, does that count as a sacrifice?

>the only way to absorb THC is to inhale weed smoke

As long as blood makes its way onto the appropriate vessels the skid demon cares not for where the blood comes, only that it does

what do yall niggas think about the wr250

IKR, I just shove buds up my ass

cyclecruza approved

seeing as >500cc bikes are very rare how in my area, what's the highest displacement you guys would recommend an absolute beginner get?

shoo shoo skid demons

about 500cc

gotcha, yeah it'd be neat to see like a 1-off concept bike like that

>how
that just snuck in there

Get a quieter helmet then.

even cyclecruza thinks honda sucks

youtube.com/watch?v=Fd8sfrVdHRM

I bought the cheapest fullface I could find

Hmmm, I was thinking of edibles. But also... nope. The THC needs to be decarboxylated before it can be absorbed in your gastro tract. You could shove roaches up your ass, I think. Or make some canna-butter, and use that as lube for your sexcapades.

>I'm only 140lbs or so though.
>6ft
THANK YOU HUNGRY SKELETON

I dunno what you're on about m8 but I just ate some smoked turkey and all I feel is sleepy, no fear here.

Displacement =/= newb friendly.

>see: RGV250, KR1-S etc

Anything four stroke up to 70-80ish hp that isn't a fully blown sportbike should be alright imo.

It starts right up, just has a parasitic draw on the battery from fuckery with his DIY headlamp

Haven't investigated oil leak yet but I've owned worse and paid significantly more for.

I can DD this and make my 600rr a full on racebike

THAT'S BECAUSE THEY GAS TURKEYS

RIP user

There's your problem, get a better helmet.

Cheap helmets are noisy as shit.

Basically yeah.

Ehh, it's not so much engine displacement that you have to worry about so much as it is engine characteristics...

A 600cc I4 is a bit too much for a beginner but most 650cc I2 or V2 engines are just fine, and you can even go up over 1000cc if you're getting a V-twin cruiser.

1000+cc cruisers are too torquey for newbs imo

So this is why my phillips doesn't like the screws on my Suzuki?

I have a dilemma. I can do one of these but only one.

>full exhaust for the 300
>buy an FR shitbox to hoon to death, eventually zip tie a ZX10R engine into the back seat for midship literbike shitbox
>track suit
>buy a used bike on CL as a second bike

What would /dbt/ do.

yes

Yes, do you think japanese bikes wouldn't use a JIS screw?

yeah that shit's an epiphany and I've been wrenching for 30 years.

surprisingly after I saw that a month ago I noticed I have both JIS screws and a few JIS tools.