Meets List: pad.riseup.net/p/datmeets
/dat/ Map: zeemaps.com/map?group=1829299

>Community Links
Cart/o/graphy Map: zeemaps.com/map?group=1049739
/dat/ Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DailyAusfagThread/
Discord Server: discord.gg/010IDtABv9b2ChJ0

>Guides & Information
/dat/ External PDF List: pad.riseup.net/p/datpdfs
/dat/ Recommended Cars: my.mixtape.moe/akuicw.jpg (embed)
/dat/ Recommended Bikes: my.mixtape.moe/mpxqyl.jpg (embed)
RAA Used Car Checklist: raa.com.au/documents/motoring-buy-a-car-checklist

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

gumtree.com.au/s-ad/silver-sands/cars-vans-utes/1997-suzuki-4x4-turbo-man-awesome-vehicle-had-thousands-spent-on/1113166017
gumtree.com.au/s-ad/jandakot/cars-vans-utes/2013-ford-ranger-px-xl-3-2-4x4-wildtrak-6-speed-manual-cab-chassis/1118483354
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is /dat/ dead?

It's only the shitposters left, so I'd say so.

it all started with jimmy leaving.
but he left with a bang though.

Do Aussies find MCM as annoying as Americans do?

Marty's alright but Moog is annoying at best.

>inb4 falcunt starts going on about how he le epik raided they're forum's four teh bantz looool

Whos keen for a melb meet, Can someone capable organise it, someone who knows some good routes.

Ey cuntz
I saw a hilarious shoop a while back of the dirty aussie guys face on a spiders body
Anyone got it?

The early videos (2008-2011ish) are quite good actually, there was less faggotry and it was mostly marty doing cool and interesting car stuff

They're both lame cunts now
The apex point was when they started all this "unicorn poop" shit, before then they were annoying (i.e. licking stuff, pube jokes) but could still be entertaining

Also they do too much highbudget workshop stuff

oi krautcunt, haven't been round in a month or two, whats been happening with your au falcon

its fucked

>banned the Mustang's factory line lock

Fucking cars.

>about to put gearbox back in friend's S15
>flywheel on
>bolts going in
>strips thread

>tap out holes in crank, resurrect threads
>ARP flywheel bolts are a bit fucky
>run a dye over them
>good as
>start them going in
>they bottom out before they actually clamp the f/w

So we think that Xtreme sent us the wrong flywheel all along. It's totally shitty.

Taken way longer than it should to finish this damn car

One of the previous owners angle grinded it to get the rear main seal out. I don't even know

And then you wonder why people say fuck it and Ellis swap em.

Oyy cunts, how's the didge going today, any shrimps on the Barbie

Fukkin prawns shitcunt
Praaaaaawns
Besides, yabbies on the barbie are better

>factory line lock
who needs that when you don't give a fuck about brake lines and have two vice grips

i dont wonder why some problems installing a flywheel would warrant someone wanting to create even more bigger problems with an engine swap

They used to give me shit about being in BMW world and not being a huge fan of Nissans, this is kind of rubbing it in now

Domestic parts vs, slowboat or expensive plane

Nissan makes great sixes. Fours.... Ehhh...

>flywheel bolt threads

any of you cunts tried having sex in your car? was it difficult?

Should I go full leb on my shitbox and add chromies and hectic aero?

>Being such a faggot that you need a computer to help you do a skid

I'm enjoying mine, aside from the headlights turning off randomly and the Wolf making me use 27L/100km last tank. Aside from that I quite frankly embarrassed a CJ Ralliart last night.

yuuup
Backstory:
>6 speed S15 was made 5 speed S15
>friend bought used gearbox, threw it in
>used gearbox semi blew up
>took box off, input shaft toast
>flywheel was a tad loose

Theory being the box was so fucked it loosened the flywheel, which then elongated and trashed the threads.

The whole thing is a shitfight.
It's the ex-Zen Garage/Need for Speed S15, so it looks mint, just drives like shit.

>27L/100km last tank
how in the world did it do that? that's the kind of consumption a large V10 luxury car would do

>27L/100km
My 1J with problems only manages 19L/100km, the fuck driving you been doing

Tell your mate to just piss off what he's bought and do an R33 5-speed conversion. Life be much happier going into the future.

I don't think you can buy a car new that's that bad.
The ECU runs so rich you can see fuel come out the exhaust. Not even kidding

that's insane man.

there are new cars around that are that bad, they're usually supercars with V12s or rolls royces though.

I've been babying it pretty much, not through traffic or anything. It just runs pig rich

>RB25 box
So expensive. Plus he already has everything to do the conversion, and the box has just been rebuilt and everything

You know deep down in your heart what you must do.

Panelvan son, what do you think

>when you a mexican on the inside

I watched the video. What sort of drongo takes an angle grinder to the end of a crankshaft? And fuck you guys have some nice houses up there in Sydney.

>Still waiting on engine head and clutch
Shop's having trouble getting hold of ARP head studs, and his head guy is on leave at the moment. Water pump I ordered is the wrong type and the impeller is too long for the housing, while the neck isn't long enough to reach the drive belt. Old one still looks quite decent after a clean so I'll use that for the moment...

That's the thing, none of us can figure out what circumstances would lead to that.
>I can't get it out with my bare hands
>so I'll get an angle grinder
??? ????? ???

Surprised yours isn't on the road yet desu, it's been a while

>it's been a while
Aye, that it has. I've been playing the waiting game with parts and money for a while lately. Just spent an hour or so cleaning some bits and pieces up for when it all goes back in, I'm getting impatient now.

So many silly little bits that I need to buy tools for, like getting the oil filter mount stud out of the block. Dipstick tube is going to be a prick as well, it's stuck in the oil pump with some sort of rubbery crap around it and no amount of turning or pulling will get it out.

On another note, I did have some success getting a pilot bearing out using bread...

it's a BA mate
and it's fixed now
500 dollaridoos in damages more and it would have been a goner

>more like he left with a burn

Why do I only want to buy ridiculous cars, celsior with a supercharger, v8 disco with a supercharger, v8 swapped supercharged hilux, ford courier 4x4 with a Commo v6 supercharged.
Can't find a new car Cose everything seems boring and anything I think is interesting would be way to expensive or a bitch for servicing and running costs.

Your standards are too high.

fuck, without your trip i'd have been somewhat close to mistaking you for an aussie

Is this still from the time you definitely didn't attempt a skid and overcorrected into a lightpost?

Because I don't want do drive something I will get bored of and hate having spent the money on?
Dropping 15-20k on a car you dont really like

Buy the new Honda crx m8, you'll love it

i'll take that as a compliment
yeah, although it was a parking sign
with a lightpost it would've not made it

Buy a SV6 ute and twin turbo it like an ATS-V Caddie. Do the exterior up and put Caddilac badges on, sneer at Chevydore bogans.

You spelt odyssey wrong

>you spelt Insight wrong

Ftfy

Did he get past border patrol?

headlight connector works intermittently
replace headlight connector
still doesnt work
>panic

Wasn't the headlight connector then.

Time to pull apart your wiring and find the fault.

fuck my shit up
ill take it to an auto electrician

*bongo bongo bongo*
>Type R das coconut fo u

Type R: "Eee Hello?"

Cocophone: Type R dis id da presedeedent of da island. U been grabbin up young gurls for squishy squishy?

Type R: "No sir no I don pick up das import gurls no mo. I can not deeel wit tem actin so squirly

cocophone: No yu are a liar an U need to come to the main hut NOW

*hang up coconut*

>Type R leave for the main land on a raft consisting of a gutted r33 and 15 coconuts

that was alright lel

Yeah once in my old 4x4 coupe it was good fun. Haven't tried in my new car.

Speakin' of which I got a 2001 Impreza RV what should I look for in terms of mods? mainly handling/fuel economy cause I'm happy with the speed.

>tfw no shaggin' wagon

joocy thicc sway bars, decent coilovers or just cheap springs, good tyres

>tfw no pano or qts to make use of it

EJ25T swap, all the STi bits you can find.

yep

t r u e
b
l
u
e

also
>pic shows up upside-down
>remember that i'm in europe on hols
had me confused for a sec

do it properly lad
b
l
t r u e
e

Prove me wrong

in terms of laws regarding young drivers Tasmania is superior to the mainland

>no car restrictions at all on Ps or Ls
>no passenger limit on Ps
>no cerfew on Ps
>mod laws are very modest compared to the mainland
>no where near enough police to enforce hooning
>P2 can do everything a full licensed driver can, dont have to display a P plate just a .0 BAC

yeah but your mum is your sister, cousin and aunt at the same time

.....t
.....r
b l u e
.....e

once I upgrade my car to something better, I'm tempted as fuck to hang on to my ecotec and just build it to squeeze as much power out of it

I know it would be expensive and more than likely a waste of time, but I think it'd be fun

Give it to me so I can feed it a 300 shot of nos and make it die a glorious death
>doubling the horsepower of a 3.8
WITNESS ME

Fuck me if you doubled the horsepower of an ecotec it would probably explode

That's the point bro
Coworker bought a V6 rodeo for $300. Trying to get him to give it to us so we can make a video of it blowing up with nos or a ghetto single turbo conversion

.....T
.....R
B.L.U.E
.....E

Twin turbo it. What a sleeper it'd be.

Yes make a backyard pvc pipe turbo setup, but nah the old v6 has done good by me so far so I couldn't kill it like that

I was going to go for flipped exhaust manifolds, so RHS to LHS pointing forwards and vice versa, a mechanic friend has a spare truck turbo that we can have, then weld water pipe to bring the air to a fat front mount, then sort out some sort of engine management. Should be budget, can resell parts when it goes pop, and make a Rodeo go way faster than they ever should

>upside down headers
Now we're talking, please make this happen

Also would a rodeo even spool a truck turbo?

Buy my soarer.
Built auto so it flatchanges into 2nd with a harsh supra LSD.

Even with the 275s, it's not boring. Fucking terrifying.

At this point your life will be much, much easier wiring in your own switch+relay.

Fuck finding a fault in the harness.

>tfw Chrysler didn't stick around in Aus to continue the Valiant Charger
>you will never go to the States with an illegally imported RHD twin turboed Hemi-6 Valiant Charger and chop burgers down the highway and escape the highway piggies

Might as well just kill myself now senpai

playing pokemon fire red

what are you cunts up to

Playing leafgreen on my PSP

Wasted so much XP on that shithead mankey

Other than "hurr durr bikes r danjerus so L/P1 riders are only allowed to go 80 but L2/P1 car drivers can go 100" Tassie has the best laws.

How does a non turbo supra drive? Worth it?

Not really worth it unless it's an SZ-R with the 6-speed.
For $5-10k you're much better off with a 1J soarer.

Fuck, I just caught a Mankey

Guess i better get rid of him then

Good looking car, lovely to cruise around in, feels good to drive.

Just no proper oomph to it.

No 1J soarers for me, P plates. What makes the SZ-R different from the regular SZ?

Unless you picked charmander and therefore need something to fuck up brock with, they're not worth it. Hell, use the effort you would've used on the turd to wreck brocks shit with a LV20 and it doesn't matter

Honestly I don't know why the ecotec gets shit on. I much prefer I6s to V6s but there's just so much shit for the ecotec. From factory you have a low-comp engine (the supercharged one) with a supercharger available
Then you have every mod possible available for the engine

Also how hard would it be to get a supercharged engine, slap on an n/a manifold and remove the supercharger then run a joocy turbo at 17.5psi

The SZ-R (96 and up) has the TT (RZ) gearbox, diff, brakes and other shit.
It's so much better than the normal SZ it's insane, and if you're planning to keep the car and throw a GTE in it when you're off your Ps, a much cheaper way to do things in the longterm.

Also consider driving a shitbox on your Ps (SSS pulsar are alright) and saving so you can get a spotless >00 TT when you're off them.

besides the barf interior what does everyone think.

gumtree.com.au/s-ad/silver-sands/cars-vans-utes/1997-suzuki-4x4-turbo-man-awesome-vehicle-had-thousands-spent-on/1113166017

yeah the bike laws a pretty dumb.

i remember wanting a bike when i got to the stage when you can get them after x amount of time on your car Ls. My mum was exactly like that lol ''bikes are dangerous'' ''what if it rains and youre on a bike?''. now im on my ps and own a 200+ kw r33 which they had no problems be owning.

>Bikes are dangerous speech
>2 days after i hit 170 in a mates rusted out excel
>mfw

>red interior
>blue floor mats
>EL GT (?) bonnet vents
>body kit on a four wheel drive

Heh, gotta love the media portraying motorcycling as death incarnate.

another thing or two i forgot to add

>no vehicle inspections unless you let your car go out of rego 3 months unlike the mainland

some things i thought of that are shit

>cant bring unregoed cars into tas unless you have a permit leading to every cunt with anything close to something imported, rare or sought after overpricing it (known as tassie tax)
>way less choice in terms of modified cars
>cars have the oppurtunity to be shit a lot more as they can be broken death traps as long as they are kept in rego and dont resemble anything fast.

its okay, i think i found something that pushes my buttons

gumtree.com.au/s-ad/jandakot/cars-vans-utes/2013-ford-ranger-px-xl-3-2-4x4-wildtrak-6-speed-manual-cab-chassis/1118483354

Maybe your mum is a Liveleaker and has seen hundreds of videos of bikers getting turned into paste by trucks or getting smooshed into barriers by dumbass drivers, if so she's justified in never wanting you to ride one.

yeah fair call

Oi cunts. Thinking about buying an AU 2 XR8 for about 5 grand. Body is pretty rough, tyres are fucked. 135000km. Has receipts for some stuff he's replaced- coil pack, power steering pump and rack, tie rod ends, springs and struts, water pump, brake rotors, gear box service etc.
Good/bad idea?

Pretty sure chain came off teeth down the bottom due to weak fingers on apprentice.

>Pray for Mojo