ITT: We post stupid shit we were told when learning how to drive

ITT: We post stupid shit we were told when learning how to drive

I'll start- "Don't accelerate fast! The spedometer can't catch up and it won't display the accurate speed!"

"Listen to the engine, not the tach"
>dad revs up to 3k rpms while the turbo is dumping a shitton of fuel
Thanks dad, thats why I had like 15 city for the longest time.

2nd is the fastest gear.

>never put your left foot on the brake pedal

You missed out on driving a manual vehicle without a tachometer.

That's actually true in some cars with digital tachometer/Speedometer.

>release the clutch slowly.

nobody told me about where it bite. It was take me 5 second to get going for the first week.

Somewhat true though.

I thought some supercars used digital tach/speedo because a normal needle couldn't keep up?

you kind of end up listening to the engine naturally after a while, you can't be staring at the tach all the time

When would this be a good idea?

This is true Lexus lfa

Ah yes my bad, digital tachs are the legless ones, the lexus LFA for example, had to use one since analogue tachometer couldn't keep up with the engine.

on track, if your pedals are really close together, maybe? i dont fuckin know

If your on a track your left should be on the clutch

Unless you've been left foot braking for a long time all you're going to achieve is to lock up all wheels and crash

In manual cars your left foot should always be on the clutch.

It's true though.

>tfw no tach in my car
I just ended up watching a bunch of youtube videos of people who have the same car but with a tach installed to have an idea of how many revs my engine would be at certain speeds/gears.

My dad a semi professional racer taught me how to drive and the only thing he could ever tell me when I asked for a more detailed explanation of something was. "You gotta feel it man, just drive and you'll feel what to do". Now that I have some years of experience I get what he meant but god damn in the beginning it could be frustrating.

Then you're unable to go anywhere...

Not him but do you use the clutch with your right leg?

When your driving down an open stretch of road you can't let anyone pass you. Your not a man if you yet them. A couple of times I drove a 100+ mph in a 55 just so someone guy who want to pass couldn't do it.

How am I supposed to win the touge then?

Get a Jeep and go straight from A to B.

Holy fuck dude that's hilarious

Thank you

That's how my step father taught me to drive.
I'd ask him why and He'd say "because your in a Dodge and that makes you better than everyone else!"

>all these spoiled brats who came from families with money
>all these spoiled brats who had dads

Implying we all didn't have to work our asses off to be able to pay for our cars. Little underage babies see those kids in their high school class and project it onto everybody else.

"You are a terrible driver and I'm ashamed that you are my son"

I'm 28