So Veeky Forums, did I do good or bad? 1978 Ford Bronco I picked up for $2500. 400M engine, 4 speed trans granny gear...

So Veeky Forums, did I do good or bad? 1978 Ford Bronco I picked up for $2500. 400M engine, 4 speed trans granny gear, 4WD. I picked it up and immediately drove it an hour and a half on the highway home, ran pretty smooth. Needs bumpers, and window regulators to start. Interior needs some love, a lot of it is in boxes in the back.

Im looking to keep it and somewhat restore, but I figure I can slap the interior back together and fix a lot of the little annoying stuff and at least get my money back out of it if I had to.

>off-road vehicle

I couldn't care less

it's cool, post more pics

That is the exact generation of Bronco I want, with the exact engine and gearbox combination I'd want it with. Love the Louiville truck inspired hexagonal grill in those.
You did good.

Would love to see it taken back to what ever factory colour is on the plate.

OP here, putting my trip on.

It's blue. It's got a shitty rhino line job to keep it from rusting. It's a very clean resto project. Not rusted through in any areas.

Will post more pics soon.

saying 400m is redundant, ford only made one 400. they say 351m because ford made two other 351s.

Other than that, seems like a pretty decent deal. At least it's stock ride height. Nothing irritates me more than a 6 inch suspension lift, plus a 6 inch body lift, with 40" and stock axles and everything else.

Where are you open? Down here in Texas, a clean body and solid drive train in a late 70s is near 8k

You did real good. Mad jelly here.

Buy, not open. Fucking phone.

I'll get better pictures later when I take it up to my shop. It pissed coolant out overnight, it needs a radiator and done other mechanical attention but overall it's in very decent mechanical shape.

Interior is kind of clapped out. It needs carpet, headliner, and dash pad. All of the shit that's missing from the dash is in boxes in the back though.

I live in Fort Worth.

And the fucking file size is not allowing me to post pictures. Damnit, Moot.

>im a european who doesnt like anything because tyrone raped me in the doodoo hole so now i cry a lot

You can probably get the radiator patched. I had a split seem where the top tank meets the body that was over a foot.

I can vouche for Savage Radiator in granbury texas, 45 dollars to have mine done, and painted.

Nice, I saw that one on Craigslist too.
I passed on it because I've got too many projects already...

One of my customers has a tan one and its automatic, its pretty nice tho feels very vintage when you drive it, he uses it for plowing which i told him he shouldnt but he dont give a fuck.

People say 400 modified as to not get confused with chevys 400 small block, since small block swaps are so common.

chevy 400s are regularly swapped into fords? Since when?

>cared enough to click on thread and post in it

Faggot nigger semon loving cuck

Maybe not specifically the 400 chevy, but ive seen plenty of older off road fords like this with chevy drive train. So i guess all im saying is i get why someone would specify that it's a 400m

>fords like this with chevy drive train

Why would someone swap a chevy drivetrain into a ford? One of the few good things these type of fords have going for them is a superior drivetrain. All their shit is high pinion, it's all standardized, like the t-cases all have 31 spline big ass shafts as opposed to the 4 different ones chevy used.

400M is a modified 351. Just like the 351M.