Why did car design stop changing as fast as it used to...

Why did car design stop changing as fast as it used to? A mid 80s box would already look outdated by the mid 90s but this 20 year old car doesn't even look that different from what we have now

>this 20 year old car doesn't even look that different from what we have now
Yes, it does.

Is it bad that I like the '96 civic more? I don't like all of those modern design cues, they just look kind of cheesy. 1990s cars were basic and nobody tried to make a cheap sedan look "cool" for no reason

>modern design is bad

Confirmation bias and the sudden rise of usefulness of the computer in automotive engineering.

You're a lot more likely to recognize an 80's car as an 80's car if it LOOKS like an 80's car (many are ambiguous). Also, back in the 70's and 80's computer design wasn't quite good enough to be useful in an aesthetic application.

I said "cheap sedan", friend. Modern nice cars look better but I don't like how they're trying to make cheap cars look cool now. They should just look like what they are, a functional efficient mode of transportation

nice f50

m8, it probably did look cool by 90's standards. Wait 20 years and see how you feel about todays designs.

A 90s Honda Civic did not look cool to 90s people.

-someone who was 10 in 1998, but still remembers shit from the 90s

The Ford GT is totally different. Not to mention has massively superior aerodynamics.

All they're doing is making what sells according to market research.

For the average consumer, if you give them a choice of vehicle, one with an angry face and aggressive styling and the other having a happy face and soft styling, a majority of people prefer one over the other.

Underaged and banned. Fucking idiot you don't know anything about the 90s.

Lmao okay, well I never thought a Honda Civic looked cool back then. I don't get why that is hard to believe

Well maybe your perception and awareness of cars was different from when you were 10 to now. Anyway, my point is, seems a little silly to say econoboxes weren't trying to look cool then but they are trying to look cool now when it's all pretty subjective.

Perhaps

>10 in 1998
>underage

I was 11 in 1998 and I wouldn't have been able to pick a Honda Civic out of a lineup of other similar economy cars because I didn't really give a shit about cars back then.

I wouldn't either but cars like that in general definitely weren't cool to me. I liked cars a lot as a kid but just cool fast cars that kids like. So maybe I'm biased and someone who was grown in the 90s thought a 90s civic was cool, who the fuck knows.

Yeah, someone who was 10 in 2008 isn't even underage anymore. Crazy.

>mfw I was 10 in 2008

My gut instinct seeing this tells me you're like 12 now. Time passes too fast

Yeah, I thought sports cars were cool as well as cars with unusual features (pop up headlights, the light bar across the front of 90's era Taurus and Sables, convertibles, sunroofs, etc).

>you are 18 now
fucking time

Scary as hell m8

I don't wanna pay bills ;_;7