Does anyone here daily a classic car? Who has the oldest DD here?

Does anyone here daily a classic car? Who has the oldest DD here?

I daily my 74' 260z. Pretty old but there are probably older car drivers here.

I love these cars. How much did yours cost you?

I daily a 61 corvair.

How do you do it?
Racking up the miles on a classic car and risking getting it damaged or totalled seems like a crime.

tfw no 280z

Stop caring

2 weeks ago sold my daily 1983 W123 D200 (pic related)

next week gonna daily Volvo 240 1983 and in about 2 months gonna daily another W123, 2.3 1986 tho. (recent barnfind)

will be fixed next week, new rims, new tires.

Those aren't classics, they're just old turds

Why the FUCK would you want to daily that?

240/80Zs are fucking trash without a complete rebuild, just like the hurr durr AE86.

bought this 3 days ago, need to pull it out of the barn first, wich will happen in about 3-5 days, then 1-2 months and 800euros to fix.

i dont know why, but i dont really like none of new cars, the older, the better.

maybe in commiefornia, but where i live, all these cars are dead and rusted out because of massive ammounts of salt being poured all over roads, rare af.

I wish there were more cars around here with no rust. Sadly they're either completely restored or rotted out, and not a lot of middle ground.

Wash your mouth. Op's car is nice

>japscrap
>nice

I daily a 79 rx7. It's out of commission right now because I need to replace it's diff but it's actually been surprisingly reliable so far.

Nice sa22 yeah I never understood why rotary get so much hate

I noticed yuropoor plates you have and assuming you're an european like i am, those benzes and volvos aren't classics at all. Only gypsies are still seen driving those

>I never understood why rotary get so much hate
Because they run like shit read: teen girls buy an automatic RX-8 and babby it so the engine takes at shit at 8k and Daddy says u eignt never buyin no japanese piece of a shit a again

Letting it sit is a crime to me. Cars are meant to be driven, not sit in a garage.

this

This is my daily driver; a 1966 Imperial Crown Sedan with a 440.

>Letting it sit is a crime to me
This AF
Carbs gum up, seals dry and crack, oil deteriorates unless it's constantly getting its ass kicked. (it still works but less than it should)

I hate seeing people hauling classics around on a trailer like lol wtf just drive you huge pussy.

sorry mate, no gypsies here, only white master race.

Baltic countries reporting in.

I'm not sure how to feel about those flares

Wider tires, more traction m8

at least he's about to race and can actually drive over a slight bump.

Just as bad as those people who keep cars rotting in there barn because it belonged to someone in their family. Either restore it or give/sell it to someone who will. There's a 1969 Chevelle SS near where I live that the owner is letting be reclaimed by the earth because it was her father's prized possession.

I can't find many examples of older American cars with fender flares, I wonder what the boomers here would think about it.

Well also it was a Japanese guy behind the wheel so who knows.

There are two types of boomers, the ones that go for numbers matching, and the ones that have absolutely no fear of completely ruining classic cars with modern parts and styling. Think Chip Foose.

Also, here's mine. And yes, the engine no longer wheezes 180hp.

no but fuck drum brakes.
Always disk brake conversion always and forever

bbc?

>no gypsies here
>Baltic countries
you slavshits are the gypsies of the western world

>Wider tires, more traction
This is my favorite misconception.

You're talking about Balkans mate

How does more surface area mean no more traction?

Fuck I wish, but 1977 the 350 was the only engine option. It has a 4speed though.

I like this C2 a lot. The flares aren't bolted on do it looks really tasteful. I think they call this style pro-touring or something like that.

fuck

i'm not your mate you cunt

Thanks m8, it's just a matter of finding one owned by somebody who knew what they were doing. Requires just a bit more diligence and attention than most new cars, but it's not really much at all.
and yeah that's pretty accurate, so many rx8 owners who have no idea what they're doing. Luckily for me that just means their market value has plummeted, I've considered getting one as my next car.

>i'm not your mate you cunt
I'm not your cunt you bitch

nice

I love that look. Provided they do it to a car that wasn't a good candidate for a classic restoration. It sucks when boomers have a numbers matching car and would rather drop an Edelbrock crate engine into the thing instead of rebuilding the original.

Not OP, but one in acceptable condition and with about 100.000 to 150.000 km goes for 10k to 20k€ around here. There once was a pristine one with 15.000 km which was sold for 40k€. Shitty ones go for

>someone daily drives this thing
fuck I'm jelly

Work, save money, buy one, daily it

I'm not. Dailying a car that has no trunklid?

Drum brakes aren't so bad; provided your car came with 15" wheels.

I picked mine up for 4900, was rust free, I've dumped a bunch into it though for modern suspension, handling and engine stuff. I like early 260z's and 240z more than 280z and late model 260z.

Foose isn't a boomer, dickhole. He does make some fugly shit but I find it amusing how the term is thrown around. Most boomers can't use a computer, not to mention knowing what Veeky Forums is. It's ok snowflake, you're still young and ignorant.

>Baby boomers are people born during the demographic post–World War II baby boom approximately between the years 1946 and 1964. This includes people who are between 70 and 52 years old in 2016, respectively.
I don't know how you manage to use a computer if you're stupid enough to think that 52 year olds can't use a computer. Boomers are exactly the people who are entering retirement right now and suddenly have hundreds of thousands, if not a million dollars to piss away on the favorite cars from their youth, whether numbers matching or custom ruined, that's how the boomer term came up in the car community in the first place.

I know it's not the oldest, but I do daily (of course until winter comes) I can fit someone that is 6'5 in the trunk with ease.

Its got room behind the seats.

I like the scenery around your car. Are you in Germany, or where? By the way your hood emblem is crooked.

is that where you dump the bodies?

good god, there were no better ones available? this one looks like a basket case, especially with the rust and the mold. i daily a w126 by the way.

How do you get around the whole insurance thing? Every time I look for insurance for a classic; they will only cover it as a Sunday driver.

baltic countries (& it was simply moved around + i sold it)
yes.
well, its a barn find thats been sitting for 10 years, will take some work, but its rust free generally, only few spots (to my own surprise)

Get normal insurance?

I know the photo's a little overexposed, but that gas station has enough damn lights to be seen from space.

Technically old enough to be a classic :^)

Daily it year round, surprisingly reliable considering I did the twin turbo conversion myself

He's probably taking about how the same mass being pushed down on a smaller surface creates more friction, which theoretically should give you the same traction as a wider tire. I don't remember exactly why, but there's a reason it doesn't work out that way with tires, which is why you see F1 with wide as fuck tires for example.

Does anyone on Veeky Forums daily a third gen Fbody?

Someone explained it to me as the load is more spread out over the tire and thus it can take heavier loads on a wide tire.

This
You can either insure it as a classic and are limited in miles, or get it insured normally. There are even special insurance companies for classics exclusively.

I daily this 71 MGB GT

Yeah, the coefficient of fiction for rubber is dependent on load, temperature, etc. So more rubber can be better

I daily a 54 ford f-100 I do own 3 other old muscle cars but ford is my oldest

Same.

I used to daily a '73 240z in 2001. At the time, the car was 28 years old. After I sold it, I promised myself I'd never own an "old" car again.

I now daily a '91 300zx. It's 25 years old. Oops.

You're brave. If not because of the car's age, then the damn fuel economy....

>You're talking about Balkans mate
Fuck you russian cumdumpster

daily this 560sel
so far so good
leaks oil, valve cover gasket crapped but other then that it's fine

1986 AE86.

Just had my electric rad fan relay give out today.

Gotta wait until tomorrow to get a new one.

Replaced my thermostat and hoses, and radiator for an aluminium Koyo one.

>New T3 shifter and a T51 tranny rebuild kit for when my old one shits out.

It's been reliable so far.

Also rebuilt my dizzy too.

Quarter windows are starting to leak, gotta get them resealed.

My daily, "only" 35 years old.

Mine leaks like mad too, just fucking everywhere.

I actually *was* going to daily a '68 Bel Air with a 396 out of a '69 Chevelle, but i decided to put that up for sale soon, because reasons.

I even got a Muncie m21 4 speed for it and everything, I'm probably going to put that in before i sell it, can't hurt.

That sucks, for your '86 aswell?

The previous owner said he resealed them 5 years ago so I'm thinking it might be the rubber gaskets in the window clips have rotted so I got new oem ones.

I've asked quite a bit of shops to replace the clips too and they all just basically blew me off or told me that it was a "waste of time", fucking assholes, I might just do it myself.

I fucking hate commercial glass places.

Yeah I have an 84, mines kind of a shitbox but it's good enough for what I am planning on using it for.

>air filter cutout in the hood
Y tho

Why not get a cowl or something?

Just turn it into a replica

GTS? What are you gonna do with it? BT swap? details, details!

I want to get mine cammed and tuned with a Haltech ecu, fix the rust that that damn leak caused, and reseal my windows.