>how long did you have it
>do you miss it?

>did you buy it, if yes, for how much?
>what have you done with it/ to it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=75OFdJ4w948
twitter.com/AnonBabble

where's the engine in that thing

I don't have my first car because I'm poor abs don't have daddy money like most of Veeky Forums

I still have mine.
I paid for most of it, it was 1500 I paid 1200 my mother paid the other 300.
It's still my daily driver.

>I'm a shitty kid who put odd jobs as "beneath" me, so now anyone who has a $500 shit box is not worthy.

what car user?

>don't have daddy money
kek, get a job faget

i cant drive this trd polo
i post many times on Veeky Forums because people seem to hate it a lot

There are no jobs

right between the passenger and driver, nearer your back

>do you still have it
no, crashed into a tree
couple months
>do you miss it?
yes ;_;

Rusted out E30 with blown engine, fun fix, fun times. It has a list of issues a mile long so that every drive has a ritual that must be completed in order to properly drive it. I used to leave my keys in the car in high school and bet people that they couldn't steal it.

Still have it, just it is not registered or insured.

88 monte carlo ls with 38k miles in 2004. Paid 1000$ loved that car but didnt deserve it at the time. It took more abuse and was dead at 98k

>Sold it over a year ago
>Had it for 3-4 years

I paid 5k for a base B15 sentra...I still hate myself for that. I wanted the BB4 that I saw on craigslist for 2500 but my parents say "user this is a good buy, do it" And so I bought it....it was a good little car but not 5k good. I sold it and bought a Mustang GT for 3k last year.

96 Prelude
No
8 years
Yes, but all good things must come to an end
Yes, 100 dollars. Family friend, wife wanted the car gone.
Just maintained it, added better tires. First owner was a surgeon, added CAI. Other than that, stock.

Just bought my first yesterday

2000 ford explorer Eddie Bauer edition
1300$ with 180 miles
Gonna put a grill gaurd in it, already had sat radio from last owner

>>do you still have it
No
Nearly three months
>do you miss it?
Not really, would've been hugely impractical for what I currently do. Will probably own one later at one point if I don't get my hands on a Volvo TP21, Volvo C303 or Steyr-Puch Pinzgauer
$2600
Replaced the shocks as one front and one back had a leak, fixed a bent door mount, changed all the plugs, oil, did a complete oil/greasejob, put some Mud-Terrains on it

yes
Couple years
haha parents
Nothing, ain't worth doing shit other than tires and usual maintenance
Jesus Christ, that looks comfy but RIP ;_;7

1988 Toyota Corona SF autotragic
>do you still have it
No
2-3 months
>do you miss it?
A bit, yeah
1800 kiwi bucks which is like 50 USD?
Drove it off a cliff

2002 Hyundai Accent

Still have it, although I don't drive it anymore. It's waiting on some parts so I can fix then sell it. I don't miss it, it's gutless as fuck and zero fun to drive. I paid nothing for it, but my dad paid £400.

>>do you still have it
Yes.

>>how long did you have it
2.3 years so far

>>did you buy it, if yes, for how much?
1k euro shekles

>>what have you done with it/ to it?
I put a Supreme sticker on it :^)

1978 Porsche 924
Nope, don't have it.
Had it a year
Sometimes I miss it, but usually I don't, it was the worst car I ever owned
Got it for $1500
Sold it to some guy for $1400

Fucking thing broke down so often, everyone thought I was rich cause OMG YOU HAVE A PORSCHE, when in reality I was just getting poor because I had to keep buying shit for it. FUCK

fuck off busrider

>do you still have it
No
about 3 years
>do you miss it?
a little bit i guess, it was a good car
i bought it for around 12k€
i changed the bumper-ends to american ones because the europ ones look like shit, also i bought the tires as seen in the pic because i thought they look cool

pic related, its my first car, some dude on Veeky Forums put a shitloads of filters on it and stuff

I can slip clutch in each gear in mine. Just blip the throttle and it slips. Getting it to speed takes a minute so it's literally painful to drive.
Are you the Dutch guy with this 1.9 rattlebox also clipped on youtube?

This was my first car.

I no longer have it for obvious reasons

I certainly do miss it, but partially because I'm driving a sporty hatchback and miss off-roading.

I bought it for 2400USD from a family friend

Myself and three friends were driving out to the desert for the weekend, it was Friday at about 1 pm. We were going up a mountain on a two lane twisty, taking it easy, talking and having a good time when suddenly...

>approaching blind turn in outside lane with large drop off to our right
>approaching apex
>wild drunk driver appears from opposing direction
>understeering right at us

She hit us right in my drivers side door and launched us off the cliff. We slid about 20 feet and immediately started to roll down the cliff. Everyone started to scream and I was sure we were going to die then we slammed into a bigass bpulder that had a small tree growing right next to it and we amazingly stopped. 10 feet left or right and we would have continued to roll and spin down the 1200 foot drop, definitely killing all of us.

The lady that hit us was stone drunk and killed on impact. I went to the hospital and had my left shoulder and collarbone rebuilt. My front passenger had her legs broken and both rear passengers suffered concussions and broken ribs.

I'm not on my device that has the pictures of the car after I got it back, but this is still a pretty accurate representation.

To this day I think about if I had just been driving a tiny bit slower I would have seen a lady in a white Impala go flying off a cliff at 70 miles an hour lol.

>Jeep driver crashing

I'm so surprised.

How the fuck did you get a car for $50?

No.
About 2.5 years, threw a rod
No
No
Solid it for scrap

ayyy wranglers

God I hate women. Every drunk driver story I've heard its been woman. They simply can't be trusted to leave the house and not become inebriated

did you try to drift?

youtube.com/watch?v=75OFdJ4w948

comgrats user
>Drove it off a cliff
w-what

>There are no jobs I want to do

Ftfy

I still own mine
Paid 800 cash for it 4 years ago
I restored it and still drive it

>pissed off
>driving way too fast
>come into corner too fast
>panic, target fixate
>j-j-jam on the brakes
>slam into tree

The accident recreation cop put my speed at about 60mph at impact.

My first car was a black GTC LeBaron Turbo with way too much boost for a small kid like me. Paid a grand for it, slapped on a fuck huge holset charger and held on to dear life on every single straight when the fucker started hitting boost.
I was sure it was going to explode in the most spectacular way sooner or later, but it got me to school and back and hooning countless of times for one and a half year without showing any signs of giving up anytime soon.
Finally the thing got rear ended by a truck that ran through a stop sign and it was over for the LeBaron.

Bought a second one right after for 600 bucks and still got the fucker, going to get her inspected tomorrow and cruise as long as the summer lasts.
This one is mostly stock though aside for a 3" charger exhaust that brings out the turbo whine and some deepness to the sound.

Thanks m8 :^)

I wish it was 1.9
its a horrible 1.4.
not that this difference matters with eurocuck car.

The stickers i put on are really bad.
heres the only pic of the rear i have

because you aren't looking for jobs within your reach, faggot.
stop looking at jobs that actually require skill and lower yourself to mcdonalds, grocery stores, gas stations, and call centers.

2003 Grand Vitara, this one has been carbon copied under license more than any other car or something. Popular in USA as geo tracker.

>do you still have it
No

8 Years

>do you miss it?
not really. It was certainly reliable, made it through 3 jobs with fucks who owned ford and dodge trucks, some of those were 3-4 year old models and they were dumping cash into those every month. It leaked oil and two mechanics said they couldn't locate the leak and was not worth fixing, but it wasn't anything more than topping it off every month and after long trips. Did not have ever a single failure of any part.

I also don't miss it because I was still living with my parents who are scared anti-learning children, I had to even do the oil top offs in public parking lots because as soon as I open the hood they're behind me screaming ULL BREAK IT, so it's goodbye to a retarded shitty fearful era for me.

free but dealership gave me $2200 for it as a trade in. Only change was an aftermarket stereo that I mostly used for hands free bluetooth calls.

that's because male drunk drivers don't hit moving objects like cars or people. They hit stationary stuff like trees and lamp posts.

1994 Dodge Dakota, ext cab, 4x4, 318 V8, 5 speed Manual. 204 thousand miles. Has couple extra bells and whistles but it's mostly stock.

LOL
Also 1.4 here. Rekt and repaired but stays rekt. It must be below 45 hp right now, I couldn't get it over 140 km/h.

i would kill for a good BX Gti

About to get it actually
Going to he a mk1 twingo cause I'm a poorfag college kid euro
Am I making a mistake? Doesnt seem like I can get anything with abs/AC made in the past 20 years for this cheap, and it looks easily fixable.

I literally can't get those jobs
Why does everyone think that I'm trying to get a big cushy job
Morons

Why did you get rid of it?

It's an insufferable shitbox and a fucking meme car that is overpraised on Veeky Forums by merrikans who luckily haven't had the pleasure of driving one and by idiots who try to justify buying the cheapest shitbox possible.

Still, it's cheap and a pushrod turd box that will have fuck all to break. Will get you from point A to point B in minimum comfort.

If I had to point out some good things about that insuffrable piece of shit, it's the foldable seats and that it's cheap as shit to own, literally nothing else good about the thing.
Also check the floorpan for rust, mine had a fuck huge hole on the drivers foot well, literally flintstones mode when it finally gave up and I had no idea there was such a hole. Looked through the whole car and realized that the piece of shit had rusted to oblivion in pretty much every single place possible, outwards it appeared pristine though.

>getting a job
neet life is best life

Not him but if I became a neet, how would I support my car hobby? Those BMWs aren't free to own you know

>do you still have it
Fuck yes
>how long have you had it
About a year
>did you buy it
No, it's been in the family for a decade
>what have you done with it
Slowly restoring

>On a board that literally revolves around expensive possessions.

neets who spout this shit along with variations of this image usually are living in a friend's apartment or basement and it's the worst case of survivalism wherein they can only be interested in hobbies (timewasters in this case) that they can pirate or download online

the correct secret third choice is to eventually start your own business so you can have your own wage slaves.

Interesting.
what is the odometer? mine has 128 killmeters
i could get a little wheelspin while driving in 2nd gear on a hard dirt road.

'97 Sable
I had it for about 4 years, "bottom rusted out of it" and it wouldn't start anymore, tow truck just took it straight to the scrap yard from the mechanic I took it to.
I don't really miss it because I basically drive the exact same thing now, just nicer.

1996 Buick Roadmaster inherited from my Grandpa. I liked it a lot and sold it to a black guy way over market value because they love to put big ass rims on them.

>time wasters
that's stupid desu it's no more a waste of time than anything else

Autismbux you can do it it's fun i have all kinds of hobbies thanks to it

Neets have money if there smart

Autismbux ain't enough to upkeep a V12 BMW, I need to hold a job for that.

If only I knew. My friend who now owns [his previous family car] a clone car says it must have exceeded 400Ks. I drove his one and whoa, that was different, to be sure. But I also admit it runs. Really bad - still without a hiccup.

Also, I'm:

>if there smart
>there
??

That's a ZX though

>do you still have it
nope
if not
2 years
>do you miss it?
nah even thought it was very reliable car. Rust killed it.

1200 euros
changed engine oil couple times, nothing else really.

Don't fall for the meme. If you are poor just buy a diesel golf or literally anything else that isn't a meme here and save yourself the embarrassment and regret.

>Let's talk about your first car
My Vauxhall/Opel Corsa 1.2 Twinport
>do you still have it
I does

I did, for £1400 (total (see below)), 10 y/o, 76000 miles

It's now with the brother who uses it, the same brother who owns the other half of the car.
With an agreement to turn it into a little racer once we've both got our own cars, since it will be worth fuck all now

(no pic on PC sadly)

~2 years until I could afford another car

>do you miss it?
no, but I have good memories of it. I didn't hate it

it was my grandfathers old beat up car that he gave me

I only learned the basics with it: change oil, change spark plugs, etc....
I sold it to fund another car

1992 Pontiac Sunbird SE

>do you still have it
no, It's still accessible in a field in upstate NY though, been there since 2002. Hit 4 deer over its lifetime without ever replacing the radiator so it was always overheating, parked it the field where it still sits, and moved to florida.
4 years, got it as a sophomore in high school, during summer break
>do you miss it?
no
Yup, worked all summer bought it a week before school started in 1998, $1400
chrome 3 spoke hubcaps, radioshack subwoofers, it was the 90's afterall. no exhaust as it fell off

you don't have money i suppose?

It was a 206cc 1.6 16v
I paid it 3000€, sold it 5000€ one year ago to an oldie
Great time driving it and learning, but it was time to buy an rwd

>do you still have it
No
about a year
>do you miss it?
yeah kinda
Box of beer
mostly just fixes had a fun plan tho
kinda wanna buy another one, maybe 2, one kinda mini trucked, another as a over lander kinda funtime

I have plenty desu

>1999 Montero
>6G74 v6 was beautiful
>dad gave it to me when I was 16
>all my friends used to pile in it and get drunk
>used to switch to RWD and powerslide
>got it on two wheels one time
>mfw friend flipped it with 10 people in the car
>everybody drunk
>mfw only had it for a year
>mfw car fukt
>mfw arrested

I miss it yes I do. Mine is the one in front

Get good with money and it is

You mean live in a 9 square metre suicide box and live only on rice or what the fuck do you mean with get good with money?
Isn't working and living otherwise normally being good with money?

My first car was a 1986 GMC Sierra my great-grandfather gifted to me. My dad and I rebuilt the 305, lowered it a little bit, made it a pretty cool truck. Nothing spectacular, but it was in great shape, sounded good, and for a 20 year old truck it had a reasonable amount of get-up-and-go.

And I sold it. Still regret that one. I miss all the cars I've ever sold, but I really regret that one. Can't replace sentimental value.

Plus it was sold for a stupid reason. My dad and I had a rough patch together. I was young and knew everything, and I think I resented the fact that it felt like the truck was half "his" because of all the work we put into it, and he helped pay for half the parts.

God dammit, I wish I could go back and slap young me in the face.

>first car
1986 ford mustang svo in red

rolled it

2 years
>do you miss it?
i debate weather or not surviving the crash was worth it

no, it was an 18th birthday present i told my father not to get. i didn't want him spending four thousand dollars on a car for me, but it was great and after a few weeks it was my favorite thing

i was in the middle of finding a new coolant overflow tank and wanted to get a computer to let me play with the timing. a month before i took it out and was doing figure 8s

1996 ford contour sport
>do I still have it
yes
>how long have I had it
a little less than 4 months
>how much did I pay
nothing, family friend had me take care of his cats while he was on vacation with his wife
had to put new brakes on all the wheels because as it was when I got it was VERY unsafe to drive, going to replace the belts next

oh yeah and the whole side was fucked up yet somehow sold it for $800 KEK

My first car was a 94 dakota 318 2wd auto 50k miles. Got it for 1500

Malaysian here

>first car
Pic related. Got it second-hand for about MYR12k (about, I dunno, prolly USD2500 back then).
Since 2011. Needed a car for college life. Still have it
Nothing much beyond cosmetic change. Bought one of them car mp3 modulator tho (since it use cassette
>what are you doing with it
Since I already have a new car (2014 toyota vios), I did plan to sell it, but I couldn't get the right price for it. Nowadays I use the car (and another similar one I bought from a relative for cheap) for car-renting services.

forgot the pic

>google image related

chicks totally dug it and wanted to ride in it

>first car
this KDM goddess
>how long
since february
>what have i done with it
changed alternator belt, bought new hubcaps,wipers,new light inside, cheapest head unit with aux and some meme stickers
>for how much
1000 pln so about 250$, runs and drives, its my daily

Nice user 5.Sl0w? 4.0 sohc? 4.0 ohv?

ALSO Post pic :^)

>Black 1997 Ford Ranger
>Blew the transmission out doing 100 between towns every day
>Blew the head gasket trying to keep gas running through it

>Got a 4.6 2v and auto trans to swap into it, didn't fit. WARNING: The engine's exhaust manifolds will hit the frame and fuck your day/week/month up. Just don't try it. Still have to sell both
>Got a 350 small block with a 3 speed auto 400 trans, saturday night special (2000?) rpm stall torque converter
Swapping into it ATM.

>First car 03' 9-5 Aero
>do you still have it
Yes
Yes, I bought it for $2100
>what have you done to it
Changed both rear wheel bearings
Changed lower ball joints
Changed ABS rings
Changed lower engine mount in the front
front side lamps (indicator+park lamps)
Bought and put the Aero front spoiler back (previous owner probably hit a curb when parking or something because there was none, no damage though)
Changed stereo
Changed PCV

>Upcoming work to do in the near future:
Change chain
Engine mounts

So far I haven't had to take it to a mechanic for any serious work.

Visually, I haven't done anything to it since ricing a SAAB is a crime.

My first car was a 2002 cavalier but 5 months later I bought a 1970 Torino with a 429 / 4 speed.

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
>do you still have it
Yes
>$$$?
$1200
put in new door speakers and working on getting some subs

ticos are unbreakable, such a fun little cars

My first car was a 2002 cavalier but 5 months later I bought a 1970 Torino with a 429 / 4 speed.

18 years
>do you miss it?
yes

hand me down, 48k new

>do you still have it
Nope
9 months
>do you miss it?
Not really

$3500
Besides basic maintenance, nothing much.

what happened? r6 or v8?

2005 rav4
>>do you still have it
yup
>>did you buy it, if yes, for how much?
grandparents gave it to me some time after my 18th birthday
>>what have you done with it/ to it?
I put in a new stereo to have bluetooth / aux input and just maintain everything the best can so I can keep it as long as possible. It's been hit twice and I don't have the money to fix it, so it has kind of severe cosmetic damage :/ makes me sad I can't take better care of it because I love it so much and it's been a great car for me and helped me through my young adult life a lot.

>first car
1990 818i E30
>Do you still have it
Yes
>How long have you had it
2-3 months
>What have you done with it
Got a front wheel alignment, currently waiting on gears for the broken odo. Got a lot of other fixes planned but haven't done much yet apart from topping up oil.
>Did you buy it, and if yes for how much?
2,200 dollarydoos all up including rego, which is $1,000 in ausfalia

I meant 318i*

cool car, have you anymore photos?