/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

"Rook really isn't that important, don't be afraid to pick someone else" edition

>Season 3 Operation Skull Rain info
youtube.com/watch?v=lqsL4QpKXeM
youtube.com/watch?v=JAwgzzN6RfQ
blog.ubi.com/rainbow-six-siege-operation-skull-rain-recruits-brazils-bope-operators/

>Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO

>Teamspeak for Veeky Forums operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Gallery
imgur.com/a/rVmZG

>Official news
blog.ubi.com/rainbow-six-siege-operation-skull-rain-recruits-brazils-bope-operators/
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/news/index.aspx
blog.ubi.com/rainbow-six-siege-post-launch-maps-operators-modes/

>Developer AMA Recap
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1349361-Developer-AMA-Recap

>Maps and drawing tools for all available gamemodes
r6maps.com/
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/whiteboard/landing.aspx

>How sound propagation works
youtube.com/watch?v=fI4YfurxVZU

>Weapons and Armor damage comparisons
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fr6MsLNfjDlPESlHGUQxoRiR3yChpewKQAlsOHXG5A8/htmlview?usp=sharing&pref=2&pli=1&sle=true

>Known Issues:
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Known-Issues

>Basics of CQB Pastebin
pastebin.com/ECbQGdVk

>Steam group player list
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nB6S5xtZFuAlnX24VG6IVvOYnI18oOlV2W0SPM3OjaE/edit?pli=1#gid=375665432

>Console group
PS4: Add dazint8 or Omegaplaya and join the /r6g/ community that way
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI (the 'I' are capital 'i's)

>All the Classic Rainbow 6 games running on the latest engine, compatible with current windows, all maps, all modes.
(MEGA link provided by user)
mega.nz/#!P99z0CbQ!sF-1sVRgBKNkbEVL8NrnuLtpP3oK1aJHNzX65FpyfeA
(From site)
legendsworld.net/shooter/game/11094

>WIP /r6g/ guide for crosshair overlays, tactics etc
hnng.moe/7Ik

Friendly Mission Successful:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sPbxMWntqOc
youtube.com/watch?v=aRmOZev26FY
youtube.com/watch?v=yBaJ7VjvWK8
youtube.com/watch?v=yNRKG1PdnrU
youtube.com/watch?v=BBtS34BRJQM
twitter.com/Rainbow6Game/status/774325319419490305
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-GB/updates/skullrain/reinforcements.aspx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

OP is getting kind of crowded. Shall we clean it up a little bit?

For instance maybe the Steam group player list? The only things that are necessary for group play are the Teamspeak, Steam Group and Console Group, no?

And maybe also cleaning up the news/skull rain info/AMA recap?

What do you guys think?

But that joke is funny. I thought the joke was that german humor is bad?

I hope you relize that that omegaplaya guy got banned

Stop putting him in the op

we reddit now boys

Had no idea, I'm a PC player. Duly noted. Reminder for next OP

Why would someone do this
Did you do this?

It's the equivalent of running up to some random guy in the street and showing him weird shit and inside-jokes people draw here and then have them go "uuh I don't get it and this is kind of disturbing"

people like it

plus it gets ya free upboats

wtf they literally made a new gallery and put the pictures in the exact same order as they were in the original drawfriend gallery.
what the shit.

You gotta go back, "Itshighblackbeard xDXD".

wait thats the same gallery...
i'm an idiot.
i guess by linking it to reddit they got to change the title from "rainbow six drawfriends" to "Rainbow 6 Siege art from /r6g/"

Why are the hit markers so atrocious in this game? So many times, at least on the kill cam my enemy isn't even hitting my body yet they get the kill

Reddit is like the canary in the coal mine.

This Tachanka shit is deader than Harambe memes at this point

Kill cams aren't an accurate representation of what happened. So it will look like they're shooting the air and got you, but rest assured, in their screen they did get you. Hit registration tends to be pretty good, except a bit wonky with headshots sometimes (the infamous head shooting back thing and no damage taken? yeah it sucks when it happens)

Patch notes when

>grabs stuff from here
>le ebin Veeky Forums humor
>posts it over there to get cool boy points

Jesus christ, man. You're cancer

go back

15th for fucking crisp ambient soundtrack that gets you hyped.

youtube.com/watch?v=sPbxMWntqOc
youtube.com/watch?v=aRmOZev26FY
youtube.com/watch?v=yBaJ7VjvWK8
youtube.com/watch?v=yNRKG1PdnrU
youtube.com/watch?v=BBtS34BRJQM

agreed.
soundtrack is underappreciated.

When are these cunts going to fix Blitz, Montagne and Tachanka?

It's now been 9 fucking months since release and they keep messing with operators that don't need it instead of the ones that do.

they're afraid the operators will end up as strong as they were back in the alpha.

HEY GUYS LETS BUFF THEN NERF PULSE EVEN THOUGH HE WAS FINE CAUSE WERE RETARDED HAHAHAHAHA

Well, they did get around to eliminating the quick switch bug that had always been present. So I guess I'm thankful for that. And also brought about the nerfing of auto-shotguns.

pls respond

>using my edits on reddit

Put the news and season info in pastebin

Game tips and little info that helps you in a pastebin.

Get rid of the AMA recap

If that crosshair overlay guide and tactics is still the same it was months ago get rid of it.

alright, will do

>do i want to finish Dues Ex or Witcher 3 and immerse myself in a setting and enjoy some good writing and music
>Or do i want to shoot people in a box for an hour

You could finish Deus Ex, it's a pretty good game overall. The Witcher 3 gets old after a while, couldn't even bring myself to finish the last dlc due to how repetitive it was. I have no idea how it won so many GOTY awards, fucking /v/edditors.

Shooting people in a box never gets old, so I'd say just keep doing that.

I made an OC
You guys are cool.

Deus ex feels like such a fucking lazy game. They wanted to make sure no one missed out on anything no matter how they spec, so every single room just has a Vent and every PC has a password log next to it.

Fucking booooooooooring.

nice!

BAH GAWD

>knife Caveira while she's interrogating friend

Epic.

QUICK LETS POST IT ON REDDIT ;DDDDDD

When does the 4.2 patch notes come out? I recall on twitter that it was today Monday?

i didn't hear, read, or look into shit, but this post got me hype for them, all I saw where the two vids of Doc using pistol on himself, and Twitch shock droning in prep.

I found the twitter post that was posted in last thread. twitter.com/Rainbow6Game/status/774325319419490305

love it

Please don't.

what did they mean by this?

Really makes you think huh?

>12pm EST
>Still no patch notes
So they better to release it soon at 1pm then

Blogpost incoming.

>Play two mediocre rounds ranked with a friend
>Buddy leaves cause he can't hit shit today
>Whatevs, let's soloq some casual rounds
>My team consists of two hungarian bronze clanfags, two randoms unranked, and me as silver IV shitter
>Their team has 3 clanfags, all of them gold II or higher, as well as two guys above level 140
>Yacht
>Bomb in crewquarters
>Defend
>Enemy team rushes me to death, meanwhile my entire team is fucking around on the floor above
>Attack round starts with me going back to my drone for a sec
>Fuze expertedly recognises this as an invitation to tk me
>Within seconds my entire team eliminates each other

Man, R6 just doesn't want me to play today.

Obviously they will be giving BB an all around c4-and-bullet-proof shield. Only weakpoint are his toes when shot from below. Maybe now people will finally learn how to flank properly.

Nice, i can finally get my BB k/d past 10!

>yfw it's all the buffs and nerfs that we've been talking about for months
>doc, castle, glaz, tachanka all become gud
>blitz gets fast and better flash range
>montagne gets blast resistance
>BB shield nerfed
>nitro nerfed
>buck fixed

Just imagine how great it would be.

actual variety in the meta? You're funny.

now that I think about it, Siege really is, at it's core, a fucking terrible game to play solo q. So many behaviours that are standard in siege can be misinterpreted as any degree of griefing. it's just not good.

I have tried on no less than three separate occasions to play TW3 and I just do not get it. I'd just rather play Dark Souls but I really wanna give it a fair chance.

I hate Geralt and it is very clearly a Polish game.

Glaz' visor now contains a 100% wallhack with outlines and everything.

In your dreams, Timur

Why did I do this?

>Still nothing
Ubisoft Time. They'll probably release the patch notes tomorrow

We got the pro league sets doe :D

PATCH NOTES

rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-GB/updates/skullrain/reinforcements.aspx

>Blackbeard
>The HP of the shields has been reduced, from 800HP to 150HP.

TWITCH BUFF
BB NERF
DOC BUFF, ALSO OVER HEALS?
Two shields for a total of 300HP

Holly shit, new equipment and attachments. I like operators balancing but i more hyped for new gadgets. Hope ee gonna get new stuff later.

>Some Attackers can now use the Claymore mine, a deployable gadget to cover their backs while progressing forward, flanking, or when in a vulnerable positon like sniping or droning.
Plant the Claymore and once a Defender crosses on of its three laser rays, it will explode in a front-facing directional pattern.

>Select Defenders now have access to the Impact Grenade, a grenade exploding on impact or after 1 second of throwing it. Perfect for close range firefights when things go south, and it can be used to open holes in the environment.

Oh.

>claymores for attackers
HAHA HAVE FUN ROAMERS

>Doc can now overheal
>BB Nerf
>New toys

Muh dic

>Claymores
OH FUCK

CLAYMORES FOR REASONS?

AUDIO CLIP WAS RIGHT!

IMPACT GRENADES FOR DEFENDERS?

NO HEAVY BARREL ON GLAZ, THIS MAKES ME SAD ;_;

>add heavy barrel
>doesn't give it to Glaz
YOU DUMB FRENCH CUNTS

so does this mean they've made shields even shittier due to the introduction of impact grenades?

CAMRS BUFF

CAMRS BUFF YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

>CAMRS 417 and Fuze LMG buff
IT JUST KEEPS GETTING BETTER

We would have to test their lethality but I hope for the best.

ALSO BUCK BUFFFFFFF.
BUT STILL NO SHOTGUN FIX UBI FUCKING PLEASE

The worst part is that he shouldn't need it in first place
> it's a marksman rifle
>can't do damage at long distance

Hey guys, drawshitter who made the 3 frenchies and mute here, im finally done with something for a person i respect the most in this world

• Rook loses Barbwires and gains Impact Grenades.
YO WHAT THE FUCK

Well they explode on impact or after one second in the air, so you have to be looking right at them and be relatively close to just throw it at them like you could with C4

couldnt they just give him all 3 seeing as hes a pretty boring operator otherwise?

> anti-bullying system.
Goddamnit I'm giggling like a retard.

Impacts probably can't kill instantly, and 2 Nitro users lost Nitro for said Grenades

>Thermite loses Stun Grenades and Breach Charges, gains Smoke Grenades and Claymore.
Ayy yo, who's going to play Thermite now?

Ill use him for Claymores.

Fuck roamers.

I still will, he was never an entry fragger for me. Now when I plant the charge I can watch my back. Nice!

just when i found a use for stun grenades they go and give him fucking smokes which are completely useless 95% of the time

>FIXED – Light coming from outside the building will hinder the player looking outside from inside during gameplay.

Oh sweet jesus I JUST complained about this and this is what I wake up to? Alongside new fucking items and weapon attachments? And huge character changes? This game's amazing god damn.

only really two character changes. the BB nerf is just a nerf to 75% of the shields hitpoints and it needs to be changed after 12.5% of damage whereas doc and twitch got huge gameplay changes that are entirely new.

I thought people were saying this was intended so Defender's can't peek? I hope this makes Yacht during the day not an eyesore.

When is it coming out? Client isn't updating yet

>In a future update, we are going to be implementing an anti-bullying system. This will make it so that if a player team kills the same person multiple times, then they will be removed from the match.
lul no bully

nobody asked but i have three accounts in diamond so i feel qualified to share my opinion on the patch notes:

>bb nerf is perfect
>claymores are a neat idea, if they're effective they can drastically affect the current meta
>depending on how much damage impact grenades to, they will either be bullshit or pretty cool. hopefully they don't do very much damage and will be used mainly for wall destruction
>DMR buffs are waste of time, DMRs will always be garbage in this game as long as headshots are 1 shot kill and nobody good will pick them except for fun
>Doc will be picked in pro league on console 100% of the time or close to it, guaranteed. PC pro league will probably experiment with the overheal. i honestly am not sure if he'll be meta or not on PC considering headshots
>don't think the recoil reduction on P90 is significant enough to pick over the MP5
>twitch will probably start seeing ESL play, especially since a few pro league players already really enjoy playing her eg Serenity and Kanine
>heavy barrel is trash, nobody good will use it
>muzzle break probably won't be picked over flash hider
>mute still sucks, just give him a fucking acog

really excited to see how claymores work out, if they're really effective the meta might change drastically, especially in public matches. also really hoping impact grenades don't one-hit operators otherwise they may as well have given everyone better nitro cells, even if it has a smaller blast radius.

tomorrow.

they'll two-hit operators but they'll travel faster and further than IED's with a faster detonation but reduced aoe.

damn man, this patch is hype as fuck.

fucking game changing as hell, claymores and impact grenades?!?!? that's going to expand this game so much more. Heavy barrels, and muzzle brakes? yeet

Now if only they could do something for pistol sights.

wonder if recruits will get new toys.

like sights, or skins, or old retired operator gadgets?

Also:
>Replaced Rook's barberd wire for impact granades
>Replaced Glaz' breach charge for claymore

Feels a bit weird for them.

I would have vastly preferred losing the ballistic shield, I fucking love barbed wire on muh rook. Well hopefully impact grenades are enjoyable as it'll give me more of an offensive aspect.

when's the update dropping?

This seems like some april fools shit.
>shield operators still neglected

>/r6g/ in charge of reading comprehension

p-please no bully

wtf i love ubi now

DEPLOY ANTI-BULLYING MEASURES PLEASE

Tachanka will never be buffed he already got his "buff"

I can sort of see where they're coming from with glaz since he can shoot out doors and windows but I will miss coming down stairs on say kafe, blowing open the fireplace room in front of trainroom and sniping from the stairwell

>Add Claymores
>Roamers getting fucked
If they didn't nerf Blackbeard but added claymores you literally would never be able to flank him.

I'm kind of sad that I can't use BB as a crutch, however he still looks pretty usable. I'll probably use another operator and git gud with him. Hopefully one of the Japanese operators will be as overpowered as Skillbeard.

>t. .69 K/D Blackbeard player