Never gonna get a job that pays well

>Never gonna get a job that pays well
>Never gonna order a new sports car
>Never gonna tastefully mod it

Ever since graduating reality is hitting me like a fucking wall. I didn't expect a job to be handed to me, but fuck me, it's a constant stream of rejections. Looks like its minimum wage slavery for the rest of my life......(dear fucking diary)

Graduating highschool, college, or elementary?

college, dual bachelors too.

That's college for ya. Meanwhile people that went into a trade got paid to go to school and now are probably making more than most people with a "degree" ever will.

Fuck did you expect?
Your degree gets you an interview. Nothing more.
Its certainly no guarantee of a job.

You just need to get some experience at one of these jobs you cant get.

Yeah I was walking into chipotle the other day and two kids in auto tech shirts walk out and get into a lowered 5th gen camaro supercharged....and I just thought damn

Not with that attitude

this

"Trades" are dead end jobs even if the starting pay is good.

>dead end job with good pay
Or
>decades of being treated like shit at low pay waiting for a promotion
Hmmm

Easier to start your own business in trades as well

>Become self employed
>Charge old people $700 to reset their gas meter

Trades are a gold mine if you lack morals

i am an electronics technician with a 2 year degree employed by a multinational tire company with very intensive in house education and training. the man who hired me started in my position and has nothing to want for and has transferred to europe and back to do research.

Who gives a shit if it's dead end when that dead end comes at almost (sometimes over) 100k a year and you're probably happier than dumbasses wasting their life climbing an imaginary ladder.

Most skilled trades workers are not making six figures. The pay is good, especially because you can start working at like 19 with no student loans, but its not that good.

>auto tech kids
>in an expensive car

yeah, that car totally belonged to them

>be me
>neet
>tfw no car no gf
>go to recruiting center for shits and giggles
>get call for offer
>join military
>get through bullshit
>tfw no gf

I can't imagine anyone else owning it. the novelty of it was cool but If an "adult" owned it, it would be a fucking joke. Picture this:
5th Gen Camaro SS
Aqua Blue Metallic color
lowered
19"-20" ORANGE Wheels
Huge ass wing on the back
Gaudy carbon fiber hood
big "Force Fed" sticker on the rear windshield
Instagram account sticker on the driver side that I didn't get close enough to see.

Looked like pic related except the colors and stickers. If that wasn't that kid's then shame on the adult who made that monstrosity.

Join the Army.

>love cars
>learn to fix cars
>after years of fixing cars fixing cars outside work is awful because you've already done this for 40+ hours this week

RIP my dreams of doing a project car

What did you go to school for?

I had to sell my beloved 1972 Torino to a boomer last year because I had no money. I was working in parts manufacturing before the plant moved to Mexico.

I now drive a 2002 cavalier and work retail.

I have a picture of my torino on my dirty condo wall and I think of suicide every night.

I repair lawn mowers, weed whackers, and shit in my spare time. I charge 75$ to swap out a carburetor I bought for 15$ on Amazon.

I fell for the "Economics is a good major" meme
Before you say it, I'm too stupid to have done anything STEM

>not that good

I mean i got 20 yo in the shop making 60k a year. Its not 6 figures but when they pull up in that brand new lifted diesel i dont hear them bitching they cant afford it. Mean while the place is crawling with welders making 120k a year easily. Plant operators clearing god knows what. Machinests owning 120 acres of farmland and running a profit off that.

Its more than a 40hr a week job for sure. But id rather be working and enjoying my time off with money in my hand than crying every weekend that a paper that im in tremendous debt for isnt gettin me the job i wanted.