/edg/+/scg/ - Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous #48

Welcome to the merged general of Elite: Dangerous and Star Citizen. Don't fucking reply to obvious bait.
Previous Thread: __________________________________
>Elite: Dangerous information:
pastebin.com/ZT9GWmaC

POLLS CLOSED.
DELAYED SHIP TRANSFER WINS 70%-30%

Gamescom info:
community.elitedangerous.com/eventseason16
heise.de/newsticker/bilderstrecke/bilderstrecke_3298445.html?back=3298273
gamestar.hu/gamescom/elite-dangerous-horizons-2-2-guardians-update-gamescom-2016-frissites-ujdonsagok-215519.html
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos
robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15451-Gamescom-2016-Details
youtube.com/watch?v=GucYhhLwIxg

>2.5 LIVE btw
Referral code randomize:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WNKNAuruiI1p5XGPjtVi_uwi8wPmuEYawOKQuhRXfdw/edit#gid=953337098
Above is a pastebin of games you can play while waiting for SC and E:D to become playable.

Other urls found in this thread:

robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/GIRL
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Did we make it?

Best ship.

negative, we lost half the fleet

God damn Aquila collided with half of us in the jump!

HULLO!

Let me fix that for you.

Best ship is already in the OP, nerd.

>Aquila that rams you at the least opportune times
>"Best ship" is always heard before impact

Cutlass in its natural state of already having its main TR3 mav thrusters shot off.

What is that stupid basketball on the nose even for, sensor housing?

Best grief

It's part of the design, additionally acting as a IR countermeasure, the flaming T4 thruster hurtling through space acts as a distraction while the Cutlass pilot leaves his ships, EVAs over to yours and hijacks it.

So apparently the game doesn't run on my 660GTX anymore..
I have a Digital mercenary package backed in June 2013, with 34,000 UEC, 5,000 REC on it.

Post ending in 92 gets my account.

Why not keep it and upgrade your rig down the line, user

Unless you're thinking of getting your 660 for time eternal

faker than the aurora giveaway

also bannable af

rollan

Rollin

Also, crashed ships.

Origin 600 sale when?
Polaris sale when?
2.6 when?

So how long will ship delay delay 2.3 shipping?

Rolling.

But also probably given that it ran on my 650 until not too long ago.

rolling

Yeah right, lol. Roll.

trying again

Ranging anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour and 30 minutes. In other words, useless.

I thought they said it would be at least a month?

Sorry, I'm retarded and thought you were asking how long ship delay would take to transport.

Likely 2-3 months pushback for 2.2 and every subsequent update, because fdev is incredibly incompetent. Just look how long it took to fix the auto turreting in PP CZs. And that was a tiny, tiny issue.

Kill yourselves.

lol, jelly fag that didn't roll a 82 :)

rolling

How soon till the gulag erupts into " wheres my update"?

Complete pyrric victory is the only thing i hope for, that and learning how to spell.

The gulag is 100% on board with all the delayed updates.

whats a joystick mapper that doesnt suck?

For now. :^)

>get accosted by some pirate scum in a conda while bounty hunting
>motherfucker breaches my canopy
>have to high tail it to a station for repairs
>trying to exit out of supercruise with a broken windshield
>keep overshooting
motherfucker

No, they'll support Frontier to the bitter end , especially supporting things that are anti-fun/bad game design. Anything that has to do with PvP, making money, or "fun" they will shitpost to oblivion and use their multiple accounts to shot down

Just keep the pip in the blue. Supercruise isn't that difficult mang.

I ended up making it in the end, but I'm used to having the timer to go by

>delayed ship transfer wins
When will forumdads learn that facebook timers are not gameplay, no ones going to sit and do missions or read galnet or whatever the fuck they think we'll do when the timers are just long enough that the only thing you can do is alt tab and watch Netflix or something. I'd rather they were 1-24 hours or some shit so at least there'd be some sort of planning or thought behind it rather than it being just long enough to make me stop playing for the night.

With all the talk about muh immurshun and muh realism maybe they'll push for cargo loading and repairs to take several hours too.

Literally paying money to not play the game
>fucking end my pain

But user, its immersive to pay for the privilege to alt-tab to netflix! You should be thanking Fdev and that furry forumdad with the blinking avatar for this!

it's actually funny in a bittersweet way that this general is starting to go the same way as /psg/

>literally made it impossible to contest combat expansion
>months to fix
I'm amazed people still bother with powerplay after the giant middle finger to the PP community that was 2.1, it was pretty bad anyway but then they somehow managed to irredeemably break it.

am I the only one who likes the cable management on the DB series?

Just do what I've done, stop playing the game and buy no more. I have no interest in sitting through loading screens any longer. So I've quit. I'll shitpost about the times I used to play here and there but now I'm just going to discuss Star Citizen or things like that ED/SC blatant rip off game.

>fire extinguisher
Can't they just open the canopy?

fire in microgravity is aids whatever you do

>dad that guy called "lolm8urmum" killed me again and when i spawned he was waiting for me and now i can't get to my ship!!!!

robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/GIRL

Why do groups like this even fucking exist, such a waste of a page.

I'm not a science man, wouldn't it just be extinguished as soon as you vented the atmosphere and everyone has Remlok masks.

Why do posts like this even fucking exist, such a waste of a post.

The way of /psg/?

>yfw the polaris is a drone carrier and the big globe on the nose is the antenna for the drone control link

Be glad they haven't tried to prevent you from alt tabing. I remember ever quest did that for the sake of their fucking vision

Relatively new to Elite Dangerous. Making money through doing delivery missions but I can't figure out why some places have "high" paying missions for >100,000 and others are much lower.

I heard that systems with high tech economies are good places to go, but this doesn't always seem to be the case. Is there a way to find these missions and are certain areas better?

yeah, but then you vent your atmosphere

It'll be 90% whiteknighting males and trans guys anyway

Why do users like this even fucking exist, such a waste of a user.

Dude if I was a girl you have no fucking idea
I would be such a cunt
Asking for in game items and currency
Streaming with only 25% of the screen being the game
Starting up voice chat in games just to start shit
I would reject the greatest pleasures of Allah's paradise to live that life

Daily reminder, children and families will play Star Citizen together, and you're a giant douche if you plan on ganking or pirating their stuff.

System state has an effect as do the factions and economy. Systems quite far out from the bubble like Ceos and Maia offer higher paying ones due to the distance.

>people who feel the need to identify themselves with a sex to get brownie points
gimme your name and I can show you the ropes

We'll have to form our own Armada to stop the dastardly gankers! Don't they realise killing players in an open pvp mode is griefing. Stay safe o7

one of the things that affects mission payouts if your rep with the faction giving the mission. The higher the rep, the more dosh they'll pay you.
Also look what state the system is in, is it Boom, Bust, Famine etc, because that changes what type of missions will appear.

Remote combat drones sounds like something a modern day corvette would have, so obviously CIG won't do that since it would ruin their WWII in space theme. Expect more manned turrets in terrible locations instead.

Thanks. I'll start heading out.

o7

We gotta put these psyco's in their place, I'm with you brother.

>incessant shrieking of toddlers in the background

I really wouldn't, just enjoy doing stuff instead of farming cash until you start getting jaded, at least you'll get some enjoyment for your money.

Their resistance will only make my penis harder.

Get a refund

>Best

Right on o7!

Honest question:

If ED were to give you the ability to walk around and interact with your ship in little ways, what would you want to be able to do?

Mine:

>Customize living spaces
>Run appliances like coffee brewers, tea brewers, and microwaves.
>Sleep
>Interact with ship pets. (Like a cat or dog that you can, but don't have to, feed.)

Let me create a space waifu and interact with her to fill the hollow void that is my life.

I would ask for a refund. I came to play a space game not cowadooty.
Its dad like but almost anti dad i like it.

I feel like pets in micro/zero G would be a bad idea.

That has been my opinion since forever, it's not like E:D is designed for FPS like SC is.
It's going to bring about as much content as driving on barren moons.

That is to say: An hours worth, max.

In the books, Elite has a pet Commanders can fly with. It's like a cat with bat wings or something.

I'm sure they can genetically modify space hamsters or some shit.

When you say rep with a faction, do you mean the specific faction in the station that I'm getting the mission from, or that factions allegiance to the Federation or Empire for example.

This is something that has been confusing me, because (at least how I have been playing) it seem that I am never in the same place for long enough to build any serious reputation bonus with them. Does it make sense to try and stay in the same area and boost your reputation?

Honestly I came to this game with the sole intention of making cash. My plan is to buy bigger ships with bigger cargo holds and keep making money. I'm a space trucker. I won't be one of the people I've seen bemoaning the grind. I'm in it for the grind and I'm finding it very relaxing.

It's still more shit to do. Even if it's stupid and meaningless, I'd enjoy it.

Which awful to mediocre book are we talking about here?

Cat with bat wings sounds fucking AWESOME. Also terrifying.

None of your Second Life autism.

Something like repairs and maintenance, scanning.

Generally everything that is connected to survival elements and gameplay, not immurshun.

Hey!

Yeah but legs ain't coming till season 3 which will be another fucking $60 for fuck all content.

Thats what we all think until you realise after a certain point the only purpose to hauling becomes broken spreadsheet overlay mode or pre-determined community goals.

Reminder that Ved are actually decent people.

I was starting to get worried.

>Reminder that Ved are actually decent people.

>file name
zozzle

>responding to smarties false flag orgposting

>assertive women

I finished the Elite Reclamation book that all the forumdads masturbate to today. Ask me anything.

That's a lot of games to be fair. I mean there are a ton of games these days with levelling systems which provide increasingly small returns the more you play. MMO's and RPG's. Shooters have gone to town with it in recent years. But people keep playing through that same gameplay loop.

Eventually you get bored and move onto the next game.

Is it racist?

Is it worth the paper it's printed on or would it have been better served as toilet paper?

Theres a space mexican who speaks like speedy gonzales so kind of.

I got the ebook so it would be awful toilet paper. It was ok, it would have been good if the protagonist wasn't an unlikeable borderline mary sue who's good at everything, every character but her was more likeable and realistic and there wasn't even a decent attempt at making her a villain protagonist.