/bdog/ - Black Desert Online General

left sardine in charge again LOL

New awakenings every two weeks
forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/110189-awakening-announcement/

Don't forget to get your Awakening Gift Pack each day for 1 loyalty.

Korean gobbly-gook:
inven.co.kr/board/powerbbs.php?come_idx=4123&l=2224

>What is BDO?

Black Desert Online is an MMORPG by Pearl Abyss that was recently released for western audiences, with additional changes. It features action-oriented combat, open world PVP territory control, player housing, and more.

Info from the site: i.imgur.com/r7VvB6h.png

>I heard it's P2W

Lots of paid convenience features; and some cash shop items are able to be sold to other players on the marketplace, but maximum price caps restrict making unreasonable bank from them.

>Discord
discord.gg/0vYcIJNhxt5cd4pK (join at your own risk)

>/bdog/ guilds
pastebin.com/9ctV1ig8
>Guides
pastebin.com/VH3XrCYb

>Maps and nodes

blackdesertfoundry.com/map/#4/-8.89/-25.22
blackdeserttome.com/map/
bdomap.mmoguild.org/

>Useful Links
Wiki: blackdeserttome.com/wiki/BDO_Tome
Database: bddatabase.net/us/
Skill Calculator: blackdeserttome.com/calculator
Class Armor Sets: wodox.imgur.com/
Else: Google it before posting

>BDO KR/JP info + differences between NA/EU
pastebin.com/P2YqnsCX

Previous thread:

First for Fish!

artistic

Live up to your name and post nudes already. You're being overtaken by literally all the new waifuhomoes.

I'd rather not. Too much hassle for something that doesn't look that great and screenshot options would be really limited.

Do you just go out and take pictures all day wherever you go?

Im probably the worst sorc pvp player there is.
Anyone care to tell me about some combos? Knocking down people is easy but I can't seem to follow up with any sort of damage.

I need to masturbate to you.

I do it as I play the game and when I see things to take screenshots of. Haven't been doing that much the past few days though but I did make this webm yesterday

Do it my man I dare you

tiny and bignose

Xth for Broken...

Does anyone have the "[I want to go fishing]" black spirit's guide bugged? I have finished all the main Balpheon's quests long time ago but it still tell me that I haven't done the Chief of Velia one.

cont.
I googled it. seems that it is bugged and the devs didnt bother to fix the issue.

Everyone.

someone put valk karlstein armor and weapon set up on Orwen. ive got 20mil shiny silver with your name on it.

the random shit that just can't be dyed or dye in a strange fashion is triggering the fuck out of me

How do I get pure black or white dyes?

Is this making fun of or promoting Blade?

Just making fun of Kill Me (Vigor), too much trash talk and no skill to back it up.

rng

hold control and the up and down arrows on the keyboard to control the depth of field, otherwise cute

>selling the sharp/hard black crystal shards from the awakening package

should i save them? i don't even know what theyre for.

They're for upgrading weapons/armor +16 to +20. Save them.

Well if Blade killed him even once that's usually a sure sign.

Grinding five thousand corn. My favorite part of the day.

>tfw logged on all day but do nothing but set workers and process corn

character name same as family name
Is this showing off your name exclusivity or is it tacky?

Tacky as fuck. Make names for your characters that differ from your family name AND aren't just the same thing with a typo. But that's just my opinion.

I remember giving this game a chance, for damn I miss my old MMO-days. I tried so hard, but damn you people that play this game have no reason to play it, just go play a single-player game instead.

I tried chatting with people, grouping up for exp. Nobody fucking answered even if I just wrote "hey". Even Skyrim NPC's are more social than the players of this game, and I played a lot. Even at the highest levels people just wanted to play by themselves, mindlessly farming, running back and forth pressing the same buttons. I joined a guild, thought maybe it'd be better. The guild chat consisted of "where should i fish?" "Should I buy this?" etc etc, and some people linking their items. I tried joining another guild, advertised as more social, with a discord channel. Nobody talked, only linked forum posts discussed what item was better etc.

You guys brought the death of MMO's upon yourself. There is literally no reason to play if nobody is going to talk. I remember in WoW, where I could talk to some guy and play with him and his guild for weeks, getting to know them and their lives. I got some real friends and that was amazing, everything felt like an adventure. Now it's just googling "best farming spot" and going there, just running around. Could just use a bot really.

its the fault of the game really. grinding with other people is usually inefficient and there's not much that really requires having more people with you besides ganker protection. you can't work together with other people on life skills because nothing can be traded. i do agree that even if its a mostly solo experience, having background chatter would be nice...

>more exp
>inefficient
what?

Nothing wrong with it, especially if you only plan to play one character. Nobody gives a flying fuck about identifying you through your family name.

>tfw family name is for practically nothing.

I've made plenty of friends through this game and I'm continuing to do so. So you had a bad experience, that sucks, but you don't stand to gain anything from making hyperbolic statements and generalizing the entire playerbase.

I dunno I feel like I've gotten to know people decently well, through Discord for communication, of course not as much as in games with more people and more reasons to interact but it's always a work in progress and depends on the person too if they would've ever opened up anyway no matter the game. It's very highly dependent on the person, not the game. I just had my guildmate lend me money 'cause my salary is late and I needed to pay bills, frankly I'm extremely thankful for that and don't really see a place to complain here. My experience has been very positive, I feel.

Maybe you're just unlucky?

This isn't a BDO issue. It's nearly all MMOs in general these days. Guild chats are dead because everyone has moved to Discord. I've seen it in WoW, TERA, GW2, FFXIV, BDO, Wildstar, BnS... pretty much every major MMO to be released in the past few years. The game is for playing and Discord is for socializing. That is the direction MMOs have taken.

I made my family name the usual nick I use and have separate character names for the characters I play, 'cause they're characters, not self-inserts, created and played by a common person with his nickname playing them. I acknowledge not everyone cares about this but it makes the most sense to me and is important to make the distinction when possible.

How do you set up pictures while doing an emote? I can't seem to do the emote and then quickly ctrl+U.

Set them as macros, you'll find this by opening the chat bar and clicking on the M next to it.

And guild chats killed actual social interaction.

When i started playing mmos people talked to each other in general, played with new people commonly. There was no such thing as a 'pug', every group was a pug, 'guild groups' were a rare exclusive thing usualy treated as a 'guild event' or something.

Then everyone moved into insular guild-centric communities, and the trend of actually talking to the strangers you met in game vanished. Of course from there it was just one more step into sticking to totally out of game communication when playing with your 'group'.

Letting everyone make guilds was a mistake honestly. In my first mmo guilds were very hard to make, there were only a dozen or so total and they were expected to do a lot for the game and community in general and add to the atmosphere and story. You could only make a guild if you had enough people, went through a strict process of having a goal and statement of what your function within the games community would be (if a guild already existed for it you were very likely to be rejected). You then had to operate as a pseudo-guild for months to prove you had the dedication and ability to manage something like that.

Only then could you submit a request to the guild council to become an official guild. The council consisted of a GM and the head of every other guild in the faction you were wanting to make a guild for. If they approved you became an official guild, got official custom designed guild items and a guild hall placed in the actual game world, not some environment.

But in modern games any attention whore with a few friends becomes a self important microcosm that ignores everyone else in the entire game.

because it is. unless you're in sausans with a 80 ap character, its way quicker to just kill shit on your own even in a group. just because you're in a group doesn't mean you're actually doing things together

Did you know that you get more exp from being in a group?

Did you know that this exp bonus gets reduced the further you are from your group?

Neither of those things matter. It's objectively better to have everyone spread out just far enough to benefit from party exp while being able to kill their own little camps of enemies.

>nostalgia
>arguing that having friends is bad
Holy shit, listen to yourself.

Shit, are you that guy that argued voice chats make people dumber and cause lung cancer?

But you said grinding solo is more efficient than grinding in a group. It totally does matter when it proves that you're wrong dude.

you're in a group for the experience bonus, you are not actually playing with other people. you are alone killing your camp near another guy who is killing their camp.

see I'm not going to make the same fucking statement again.

>my experience is everyone's experience

I cannot fathom why lazy velia fishers don't take the 10 minute raft ride to luivano island where you mostly catch morays, the resources are abundant and you end up with lods of emone.

Way better than sitting there catching boots all day.

You now know there's a gold spot on velia shore right beside the town.

>instead of refuting the point i'm going to argue semantics

Was that hyperbole?
Ive argued voice chat makes people worse at video games before, but not flat out stupider or physically ill.

>having friends is bad
Where did i say this?
I consider everyone my friend :^)

Guilds are not supposed to be your friends list.

What do you mean by gold spot? Down towards the coastal cave? I'm still fairly new to BDO.

alright then we have nothing to talk about here.

Do you really not see how guild-centricity made people less open to strangers in mmos?
I watched it happen over 20 years.

People went from hanging out near the place they wanted to group, and inviting/forming parties on the spot at that location, to trying to ask around in guild chat if anyone wanted to do something and then just decide not to if they couldnt get a group togeather. People basically became more antisocial all the while thinking they were being social because they had a small group of players they played all the time with. The lack of people being able to get togeather functional interactions with complete strangers is then what required the wow-style auto-groupers to be invented which is something that facilitated even further the trend of people not really talking at all to each other.

Its a very clear and obvious progression if you lived through it.

I'm not arguing semantics. I refuted one of your points that I took issue with and just because you don't consider grinding in a group as playing with other people doesn't mean you're correct.

If you ever farmed pirates with a group then you'd know that steamrolling 'camps' as a group is more efficient. Same goes for a rotation at sausans.

I'm curious though, what would it take for you to see it as actually playing with other people?

It's down toward the coastal cave but still within the safezone. There should be a bunch of people fishing there around some netting.

My mommy told me not to talk to strangers, and you are creepy.

i liked auto-groupers for awhile. when i was working and going to school and then working even more it was great being able to come home and just play the game, but this is the bitter fruit that casual play wrought...

I'll check it out next time I go back to port, thanks!

I do remember that people used to talk more in general when I was 10 and played Runescape, and nobody rarely ever talks in general now, but it does not bother me. This is not a problem. I enjoy talking to my good friends in my guild, I don't need to look for more friends when I already have some. I don't have time for trying to look for more friends. I'm good.

then someone in the group is playing less than optimally, whether they are undergeared or not using their skills properly. even a maehwa can easily clear mobs in a few seconds and move to the next.

that being said i've totally tried to play together with others, pulling mobs as a warrior to the wizard or ranger to nuke down but i won't deny for a second it was not as efficient as just letting the wizard clear his camp and (try to) clear my own.

randoms however, never want to play together, i've been kicked out of groups for trying to 'kill their mobs' which left me really confused for awhile.

Noob here, why is blue coral ring 500k and mark of shadow 10m when they have the same stats?

MOS gets more AP when enhanced

Playing with strangers and trying to adapt to their playstyles and make the group work is a lot of fun though. Being able to invite a hand full of random people to my group, assess their strengths and weaknesses as players and their characters, and then figure out exactly what we could do to optimally gain the most for our time spent. The perfection of making everything all come together optimally from limitations.

Thats probably also due to my antiquated training i guess. I see people who just want an easy ride and then some sort of identical across the board stats where only 'player skill' matters. I see those people in this very thread. But what do you play for if not optimization? Grinding more efficiently is the goal, so i value the mechanical insight to make that happen with what i have, its so fucking exciting to me to make 5% more exp:hour than some optimal group with my rag tag assortment of 'low tier' classes. Thats true optimization there, the real victory. There is no destination, its about getting nowhere faster than they expected you to.

Remember the opponent is yourself anonymous. Exceed expectations. Theres no victory if you were expected to win.

People who think they are hardcore copying prebuilt forum guides and forming perfect groups. Those are second tier individuals, how was that knowledge gained? Through people always looking for a better way. In this way the self proclaimed 'hardcore' are just poseurs, the truly hardcore may be mistaken as casuals to the untrained eye. The difference is in temperament and intensity. The student learns, the master forgets anonymous.

I kind of like being creepy. You cant trust someone who behaves normally i think, they are obviously pretending.

>then someone in the group is playing less than optimally,
Not an issue. If it's more efficient to play solo then a group isn't going to take a hit from carrying someone like that.

>randoms however, never want to play together
This isn't true, considering I see LFG messages all the time.

>i've been kicked out of groups for trying to 'kill their mobs'
How many times has this happened? I've never experienced this or heard of it happening until now.

PUGs are always going to be a crapshoot though and they're no different in this game than they are in other MMOs, even those with PvE content that requires more actual teamwork.

Literally just started playing.

What does "extremely rare chance" means? Like 1% or have I been turbolucky within my first 5 minutes?

They are pretty rare yeah. There's an event which ends on wednesday that has increased the drop rate of them but they're still rare enough at the moment.

Probably less than 1%. I'd say around .25%. You'll get Sharp and Hard crystals from gathering and Sharp is the rarer one.

those are used to upgrade gear past +15.
With the fact that they are used a lot all the time (and thus a high turnover item), you can look at their price to judge their comparative rarity.

You can grind 3 mil an hour as a relatively fresh level ~52 or so. So that item is rare enough that its worth an hour of straight farming for an entry level player.

As far as actual %, who knows.

turbo lucky

You might as well throw that on the market now considering your level and use the funds for a set of decent unupgraded armor and weapons.

>People who think they are hardcore copying prebuilt forum guides and forming perfect groups. Those are second tier individuals, how was that knowledge gained?
So you'd rather invent the wheel over and over again? Making use of others' knowledge and assimilating it into your own is also a skill, it's also how education works.

>I kind of like being creepy. You cant trust someone who behaves normally i think, they are obviously pretending
/fedora
I'monna go to sleep though lol have fun

the key is what you said, assimilating the knowledge into your own. many people just copy whats popular and don't understand the hows and whys. why do you take this weapon? why do you use those crystals? why this specific level of a skill instead of maxing it out? you don't have to reinvent the wheel with every generation but if you don't have a grasp on the basic physics of motion i don't want you driving a car~

ahhhh why didn't anyone tell me just how comfy this game feels some times. now i wish i had gone wizard instead of witch for maximum gandalf

also what the fuck is up with the default fov on a wagon holy shit

The fov used to be like that on boats too but they recently changed it. Hopefully wagons are next

I've never even seen one drop before.

I hope so cause it is sickening.

>it's also how education works.
Its how modern academia works, which is not a good thing.

Making use of others knowledge does not mean just copying it. If you dont intuitively understand something, you dont actually understand it and wont be able to make the leaps of imagination required for true breakthroughs.

I spend a lot of time reading about the game im currently playing, its very useful. But the common things that everyone already knows are not the things you need to focus on messing with.

Look at how the meta of games evolve, often times there are shifts in trends that dont really revolve around an objective better way or any sort of game change, people just start doing things differently. This can be seen when comparing different regional versions of the same game; the exact same set of mechanics can lead to widely different metas. Part of what makes the current optimal way optimal is that thats how everyone does it, and so they can all understand it. Its the understanding that makes it best, not necessarily the mechanics. "A bad plan followed badly" often works wonderfully when compared to the common alternative of a bunch of people bumbling around in ineptitude. Many times the alternative ways arent as good, but you have to try them to see, and there are practical considerations to take into account as well:
Lets say you are super pro ultimate guy who read all the guides and plays regularly with your super pro ultimate friends. Great. But something changes, what do you do then? Wait for a new guide? Be horribly inefficient? If you knew the second best way, and the third best way, and so on, you will be just fine. Maybe one of those ways is now the best way and you will know it before the majority. Thats where the guides come from in the first place.

Knowing something is useless, a computer can do that for you. Its understanding thats of value.

w

beautiful.

>trying to learn combos for a new class
My brain can't hold much apparently

I like this new waifu.

>the gook to the right

i knew they were fucking chestbursters

Can you hunt down criminals and steal their trees in this game

Can you sneak and hide from a group of 50 russians trying to kill you for your trade goods

Can you just be a peaceful farmer/trader and never do pvp

Also how are player numbers

>Can you hunt down criminals and steal their trees in this game
...no

>Can you sneak and hide from a group of 50 russians trying to kill you for your trade goods
Kind of? You can drop/break trade goods on death, but unless you're slowly carrying them across the country on your back, no one's going to bother you. Even then, people probably won't mess with you.

>Can you just be a peaceful farmer/trader and never do pvp
Absolutely. But people can still randomly flag up for pvp and kill you, though it's pretty rare.
I've only ever had one person randomly flag on me (outside of grind spots) in the 1500 or so hours I've put into this game, despite killing 100's of helpless gatherers and traders myself. But I guess that just means I'm an asshole.

>Also how are player numbers
Too many normies in my grind spots.

Wow

nobody cares you fucking faggot just off yourself

Someone is awfully salty.

I have this problem. I have my family name and character name the same. It bothers me that they are the same so im thinking of changing one. But which? Family name basically means nothing so id change that, but it feels like family name should be my normal handle and i should change character name instead... but then nobody will actually call me that.

This system sucks.

The character creation is too much fun. I have not even started playing yet

tfw 80% of your friends list hasn't logged in for 30+ days

with a value pack you can do it at will at any point.

That's what you get for playing a dead game.

Sleep on it and it'll get easier like magic

Lmao I refuse to believe you agree with those posts, I knew you were bad news from the start. Fucking fedoracores in this thread, I swear.

>stop talking about the game

kill yourself, friend