Hey Veeky Forums...

Hey Veeky Forums, I want to get into motorsport but since I live in a shitty country where no cars get imported into ever all thats available is drifting, and since there are no cars here except BMW's will an 328 or 325 E36 spin the rear tires without much upgrading since everything costs a hand and a foot. Also is it true that everything in electrical in these older beemers is gonna break within 2 days

Other urls found in this thread:

touringcartimes.com/2009/05/07/the-road-cars-of-touring-car-racing-bmw-m3-e30/
tamparacing.com/forums/general-car-chat/296392-bmw-e30-m3-most-successful-touring-car-all-time.html
motorsportretro.com/2013/10/pure-intentions-pure-handling-pure-sound-the-legendary-e30-m3/
youtube.com/watch?v=ro6V7I6a5aM
youtube.com/watch?v=wOJR5NMuxRo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>bmw
>motor sports

M is prestigious as fuck nigga

>gets btfo by corollas

lol.
adding to pedestrian deaths by shitforbrain bmw raceers statistics.

fucking kids.

Weld the diff and they will drift without any problems

Yes, you can drift a relatively stock BMW. Save up for a limited slip differential as your first mod.

I own an E36 328i. Since purchase I've put a 3.15 LSD in and the rears are now wrapped in sticky 255/40R17s. I have no problem spinning the wheels in its current state.

If you want to drift on the cheap, get a 325i minimum, since the 320i I owned prior was too underwhelming. Either weld the diff or purchase an autotragic-donor LSD (high ratios), strip the chassis to the bare essentials and reinforce the rear subframe if you want it to last. In terms of electrical problems, of the two E36s I owned, I only had one gremlin which was a faulty solder joint in the tacometer. They're not nearly as bad as people say they are.

Also be aware that many BMWs are like legos, so educate yourself on parts cross-compatibility before taking aftermarket routes if you want to save money. I hope this helps.

325s and 328s are widely used in street class drifting competitions here so yeah they do drift quite good, just get an LSD
also there are almost no electrial problems
>corolla
kek

>bmw
Kek
>Top drivers in the championship are the current leader Philip Geipel, Toyota Corolla, Jens-Guido Weimann, Mercedes C2000 and Franz Engstler, BMW 320i

the fuck does it have to do with the street going Corolla?
it can't even drift and it sucks at racing so I don't give a fuck about it

How can bmw even compete?
Hahahaha

>corollas cant drift
Are you fucking stupid

The E30 M3 is the most successful road racing car of all time, that's how it competes

Hahahaha. Cant even beat a lemons car!!!
Pathetic bmws
Corolla is most sold car ON THE PLANET!!!
Go back to your containment thread cucks

The E30 will never be beat in terms of victories, you can read why.
touringcartimes.com/2009/05/07/the-road-cars-of-touring-car-racing-bmw-m3-e30/
tamparacing.com/forums/general-car-chat/296392-bmw-e30-m3-most-successful-touring-car-all-time.html
motorsportretro.com/2013/10/pure-intentions-pure-handling-pure-sound-the-legendary-e30-m3/

>implying that corolla isn't getting lapped by that e30
>using only this year's leader boards and claiming that a one year sample size proves your point
>Google image searching for a Lemons corolla in front of a BMW, not taking into context that pack order gets very mixed during pitstops and endurance racing
>starting or ending every post with hahahahahaha like you're Tyler the creator talking about cyber bullying
>the most sold car in the world instantly means it's the best for every application, like motorsport, pulling a boat or hauling around your family

Next you'll say "I was only pretending to be retarded"

Man I love those wheels. I wanted to get a set for my old 330ci.

>butt hurt bmw fag
Keep crying about your shitty cars that won a couple races 30 years ago

show us a car with more racing wins that the M3
Or show us a brand with more racing wins than BMW

Why do you have to be such a jerk dude
FWD is just as good. I have no idea why you get so upset at that

Go for the 328 user, on the stock wheel width you'll be able to get the tail out no problem. Most of them didn't come with TCS either.

Relatively cheap and very effective mods:

Installing S52 or S50 cams. Buy them used from someone building an M3 out, they're cheaper than aftermarket and are good for 40hp or so with a good tune.

Chinkshit headers breathe much easier and work very well on these motors.

An M3 differential makes all the difference. Night and day for cornering.

Be prepared to fix: every. single. last. bushing.
Weld up braces for the subframe, the mounts tend to rip out if you're beating on them. Valve cover gasket and oil filter housing gaskets are shit and leak all the time. Fill with an extra quart of oil to prevent lifter tick during thrashing. Keep an eye on the cooling system.

Enjoy having a blast with the car! Nothing feels better to throw into a corner like an old BMW, they're a huge blast.

>if I call him butthurt it will make me look like I'm right

Wow nice argument fagtron you sure convinced me with those hot opinions

Cant even beat a civic
Bmw = slow

:^)

Thanks. They were an opportunistic buy and I haven't been disappointed. The staggered set is perfectly flush with rolled guards on the E36.

>more out of context pictures of one car out in front of the other
>no numbers or factual claims
>still pretending to be retarded

Maybe you are retarded after all

>his butt hurt lasts into the next day
Glorious

>btfo'd

>has to crash a civic to pass it.
>Cant even pass a tractor
Why even try???? Haha

the civic tried overtaking but it failed and spun out

>spun out
Nah bmw drivers are just as bad of drivers on the track as they are on public roads. Just pushing people out of their way to try and get ahead.
So sad.

the electrics are honestly fine, just be wary of starter motors and electric windows, nothing else breaks at all.

> FF can drift

Are you fucking stupid as well my friend?

It can

Nobody responds because they know you're right.

Prove it.

Everything you heard is bullshit. Find out whether or not drifting is done on dry or wet where you live. If wet, 130 horses are absolutely sufficient for starters. For dry, you want a bit more. A 328i had enough power for mad skids for days. If you make the cars lighter, you need even less HP. Beemers are great drifters and the 6-bangers will last you a lifetime.
Ask me anything.

youtube.com/watch?v=ro6V7I6a5aM
youtube.com/watch?v=wOJR5NMuxRo