Japanese and American car design

Why do the old Japanese vehicles (like the old Skyline) resemble so closely old American muscle cars (like the ~1972 Mustang)? And then this changed at some point, Japanese cars began to look more and more "sporty" or "tuner" while Americans stuck more to the blocky "muscle" design.

Any thoughts on this?

Other urls found in this thread:

nebraskastudies.org/0800/frameset_reset.html?http://www.nebraskastudies.org/0800/stories/0801_0607.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>at some point

Also known as 2006 when American companies decided to capitalize on the retro revival trend that was driven by the nostalgia of moneyed boomers and hispter youth. Before this, they all followed the same global trends. 90s mustangs and bromaro's look pretty "tuner"-like.

the Japanese were copying american and european designs obviously

thats not really true

dirty fucking japs can't doanything right, I fucking knew it

true

there's a reason the skyline is smaller (hint: pee pee size :D)

and how many japs have you seen

I watch enough JAV's to know, friendo

If you ask me, for the same reason early Hyundais looked a lot like other cars. the LC and LC2 Accents are damningly similar to a BMW E36/5, for example.

until you've got a reputation and brand image, stick with what works. it takes balls to take the risk to start off your own styling.
I'm going to quote Mr. Regular, here :
Subaru, for years, was that company that made 'those weird boxy cars' that school PE teachers drove. that's in part why the SVX failed miserably. it was a weird car that was made before Subaru had a reputation for factory Turbos + AWD and a rally history under it's belt.

>finally all this cringe-worthy Jav-watching pays off for me

no the svx needed a 5 speed

You'd think that if you have a team of designers sketch out a new "style" for your lineage of cars, and you thought "that looks nice", then most other people would to. Unless you're a fucking moron with no taste whatsoever. Like whoever designed that Pontiac Aztek

Asian women are aesthetic as fuck, plus I'm white so all the Asian bitches love me

i married one

Is she Asian-American?

Tbqh only Korean and Japanese women are attractive to me, Chinese women have something that puts me off...

So I guess I don't mean "Asian women" are aesthetic when that would include a lot of different people

mainly because America rebuilt japan after WW2 so the designed were affected by America the most. Eventually, as Japan became self-sufficient, the designs became original

Where do I find qt asians? America btw

I'm in America too, but you could literally just go on like Facebook or whatever gooks use and like hit some of them up. Start a long distance relationship, get nudes, then move there and pound her shit all day. You don't need to learn Japanese or Korean or whatever because she speaks both languages and can translate for you. I'm not sure how you could become a citizen but you could try marrying her.

Trust me user, whatever your plans are, disregard them. This is how you want to spend your future.

And no, I haven't done this, I'm having trouble finding a qt Asian girl that actually speaks decent English.

the japs are weird when they're left to their own devices and I suspect even in the 70's they knew this

>facebook

Really?

Yeah but that's ugly as sin user, what is that? Some corolla?

I have no clue how to find Asian bitches. Maybe the reason I am having so much trouble is because I use Facebook.

I'm sorry.

>squint
>sense fuckery afoot, search google for image
>''am I suppose to know this chick from the news or some shit?
>2 results
>best guess for this image : Beauty

Which leaves you wondering just how it is that the Japanese were able to come up with those very sensible and classic designs back in the mid- late 90s (while Detroit was releasing some extremely sorry exteriors)

Supra, Skyline, RX7, Lexus LS, Camry e.t.c...... these things looked decent.

How about going outside and talking to them?

>>imply the rx7 didn't rip off the viper concept car.

>Live in America
>Live in Richmond Virginia specifically

Where am I supposed to find cute Korean and Jap bitches exactly?

>go outside
Where? In America all you'll find is spics, niggers, and normal people. Gooks are difficult to come by especially anywhere not on the West coast.

My news reporter is a Gook and i live in Nebraska.

What are the odds!

nebraskastudies.org/0800/frameset_reset.html?http://www.nebraskastudies.org/0800/stories/0801_0607.html

decent odds

That girl ugly nigga

best thing is how they ripped off everyone else and made it better

That's the difference between China and japan

Both rip everyone off
Japan improves on it, china makes it cheaper.

>nips

>Coronet
>1969 model

>Skyline
>1968 model

Japanese minimuscle is a best.

Seattle.

The got a british guy to help datsun and toyota rebuild and become profitable auto makers. He showed them how Austin, Morris, etc made cars and their techniques in developing quality automobiles.

But Japan didn't have to deal with first world standards of living for it's workers (at first), and unions were less of a problem. They also made their cars objectively better by making them cheaper and more reliable with copied styling and technology.

The japanese beat what were the biggest carmaking countries at their own game. Detroit and the British motor industry turned into what they are partially as a result of how those countries helped japan back onto it's feet.

What car is this? I feel like I'm about to have a new car fetish.

Toyota Celica.

>tfw no tiny rotary powered muscle car
fugg ;_;

It looks like a miniature Buick GS.

That looks like a huge version of a normal car.

I got this exact feeling for this. It's a Skyline, but it's not a Nissan. It was built by some company called Prince, which later got bought up by Nissan.

>if it weren't for Gran Turismo 4, nobody would even know this thing actually exists

>car is just as slant-eyed as the people who made it

>4 round headlights
>chrome trim
>similar nose design

DAMN JAPS GOTTA COPY EVERYTHING

Not true

>Implying they look anything alike
>Implying the Rx7 is an ugly blob

Once again, that year of Coronet was release a year after the Skyline was.

They didn't copy anything, that was just the global trends back then. We just associate that look with American cars because most of us are American. In 40 years, a 2015 Corolla and a 2015 Impala won't look that different either; they will just look like two old cars.

I realize this and my response was intended with heavy sarcasm

Works both ways, check out this sick JDM MR2.

Ew don't use Toyota as an example for the Japs it's not fair. Just look at that cancer that's not normal for anyone

Somewhere other than where you are, apparently. Also, Asian girls are really high maintenance and most are boring in bed. I think second generation asians and half breeds are where it's at.

>FF

>muscle women

Absolutely disgusting

>.
>MR2
No you fucking cuck it was a mazda 626 with a fancy fucking styling
And it was still pretty sexy
>dem rx7 fc headlights