Automotive Quiz

Hey Veeky Forums, I teach English in Japan at a technical high school (pic related). I have a bonus class tomorrow with the 2nd year automotive course students (30 students) and want to make a fun automotive quiz to wrap up the term. Planning to break them into teams of 4 and show them pictures of various cars / car parts with the goal of them giving me the names. Team with the most points at the end of class wins.

They flip out every time my computer's screensaver goes on that cycles through my automotive image folder. They can name some pretty obscure cars but have seen almost all of my pictures so I'm looking for some new stuff.

I'm looking cool as fuck pictures ranging from pretty easy to pretty obscure. Please remember they have terrible English so car parts should remain on the easier side. For example they could tell me what a Lancia Stratos or Ferrari 288 GTO is, but probably won't know the English word for 'crankshaft'.

Also, the class is pretty much 50/50 split between loving Japanese cars and loving American cars. The kids drool over Superbirds and old Impalas as much as GT-Rs and NSXs.

Other urls found in this thread:

robotpig.net/automotive-news/jiotto-caspita---1988-supercar-by-dome-_1738
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

lmfao

Here you go. Cooling fan clutch.

Bet these nips can't name what this is.
Won the first WRC title for Lancia - cover up the brand and give them hints. For example, it had a 1.6L V4.

Will be legitimately impressed if they know what this is.

How about the stout scarab

74?

Thanks so far guys! Also please post the car name or have it as the filename in case I don't even know what it is.

I was surprised when this popped up and they knew what it was, down to the range of possible years.

shit, sorry.
Lancia Fulvia
Saab Sonett 3
Ford Capri MK3

pic related is the Volga V12.

Jiotto Caspita. Japanese supercar, actually.

Sin R1

Forgot a link
robotpig.net/automotive-news/jiotto-caspita---1988-supercar-by-dome-_1738

Also, this. Lovely prototype that never got produced, despite receiving 700 orders.

Any respectable car fan should know about the Peugeot 505.

Kawaii Horuden VL Komodoa

They must know that it has a Nissan RB30ET. Ausfags love to do skids in these cunts.

Add this, too. 90's as fuck.

Brazilian muscle car. Chevrolet Opala SS.

Have they seen the Wangan cars?

Fiat 125 Special. Shit, what else.

Covini C6W
The Interceptor from the first Mad Max

opel manta

Add the Volvo 480.

AMC Javelin

And some parts

Theese shouldn't be too hard

isn't that a viscous fan clutch

make them name the bits

Skid Pig

Doppelkupplungsgetriebe

French automotive magic

Last one. Ford Falcon XR6 Turbo Ute.

Barra 4.0L
If they say RB or JZ
Slap em on the back of the head

Thats just another skid pig m8

Get an exploded view of an LS engine and have them name the parts.

They've probably never even seen a pushrod.

This Renault Clio William
AKA vive la france

HECTIC VL TURBO ULEH STU STU STU STU

HSV MALOO

Regular Joe van

Turbo

another skid pig

See if they can name this Jap car.

Howd you end up doing that shit? Sounds fun, Ive been meaning to look into those types of programs, but its been hard to drop my life.

Thanks guys, some awesome recommendations. I have about 60 slides now. Should be a fun class.

This is the opening slide, hahahaha cheers for that.

Doing the JET Programme. Honestly I needed time between undergrand and grad school. I wouldn't recommend dropping your life if you're already on a career path unless you're really burned out and needing a change of scenery. You don't really get a say in where you're place if you take the JET Programme route. I was extremely lucky to be placed where I am.

Expert mode

Wtf is this

Gt40

Piaggio Ape 50

filename

the car that saved chrysler

unknown base model for this N64 cubic geometry car

fierro with a body kit