Driving my E46 M3 on my daily commute

>driving my E46 M3 on my daily commute
>some utter shitter in a newer 3 series drives near my car
>it's always a 318i or something shit like that
>blow them out of the fucking water

i dont know why i always do this but i hate shitters who drive my marque and think they're hot shit. M or fuck off kiddies

Timestamped bread on S54.

>Typical BMW driver right here lads.

Why are BMW drivers such assholes?

He's snob even though he drives a 15 years old car

Fucking this, top kek

>Laguna seca blue
>muh diiick

Check your autism bruv

They did a study, it's actually true that BMW drivers are stastically more likely to be a cunt.

>be me
>driving 328i company car
>minding my own business while driving in the middle lane
>start slowly passing some beat-up E46 M3 that's covered in anime stickers
>visibly tilted to the driver's side due to the hamplanet driving it
>Greasy McNeckbeard looks at me, starts revving high for some reason
>rolls down his window
>"FUCKING NEUROTYPICAL SHITTER I BET YOU DON'T HEELTOE TOGUE DAGUMI STYLE WANGAN NIGHTS SUPREME GENTLEMAN KID."
>Worried Autismo might try to harm me after his schizophrenic vomit of words
>Speed up slightly to get away
>He catches up in his 15-year-old shitbox, engine smoking the whole time
>Drives away, ends up getting off at next exit to go to the BMW dealership

>drive an '84 318i on my daily commute
>some guy rides up on my tail then passes aggressively to show off his E46 M3
>it's always some paki or fitted cap wearing dudebro
>blow him out of the fucking water because pic related

I don't know why I always do this but I hate shitters who think their M badge makes them king of the road. Fuck off M kiddies.

>Be leaving hs when 18 in senior year
>guy with mustang wants to drag race
>decide to do it in my civic em2 for shits and giggles
>Race
>He stalls multiple times
>Gets angry and kicks in my fender.

Here you go OP, fixed it for you

>be cruising in my 3.0 quattro Audi
>spot a 1.9 TDi FWD shitter
>overtake him and slow down gradually
>force him to soak up my quattro badges
>see him put his indicator on and pull across into the next lane
>drop two gears and blow him away

Heh, nice try kid.

I fucking can't stand normies in their poverty spec i-can-barely-afford-this bull crap BMW's. A friend of mine bought a 2013 528i as his first car, thinks he's hot shit because he goes five above the limit in his automatic.

Honestly I understand why we have a shit reputation in the US now.

>shit reputation in the US now
You are now aware that they sell a 518 in europe

I am, BMW guys there aren't as bad. When I lived there I never saw normies trying to pass a BMW off as luxury, and I never saw overly egregious examples of fuckbois. People buy the smaller engines there because of gas, not starting price.

>528 here is for FAGGOTS
>518 there is just fine!
what the actual fuck?

>people buy the smaller engines there because of gas (prices)
>not starting price.
Get your logic straight, retard.
>too poor to afford gas
>wants to show off his bmw anyway
>buys a 518
is the same thing as
>too poor to afford a 540
>wants to show off his bmw anyway
>buys a 528

Not sure, but I have a plate holder for my 750il...

"Just another prick in a BMW"

My country is FULL of men who buy entry level BMW's / Mercs / Audis and think they're hot shots.

Hilarious thing is most of the time they're on a fucking lease so they don't even own the cars, and literally nobody is impressed, and anyone into cars knows they're shit.

i feel ya op

>be me
>be in my e36 m3
>some shitter 320d or suv / 4x4 always wants to race
>tfw idgaf and let them go

>e36 m3
>>some shitter 320d or suv / 4x4
the 320d or SUV will probably smoke your slow ass

it's called an inferiority complex

>an unrealistic feeling of general inadequacy caused by actual or supposed inferiority in one sphere, sometimes marked by aggressive behavior in compensation.

>be me
>driving my souped up E31 850CSi, built to the standard of the proposed F1 competitor, the legendary M8
>pass some cuck in a newish blue 6cyl shitbox
>he gets mad and tries to overtake me
>let him pass for a moment
>see M badge
>take his satisfaction from him like Chad took his oneitis and blow him off the road with my glorious V12
>enter hyperspace
>half the engine stops working after one of the ECUs shits itself

#BMWlyf

This

>Slower than a v6 mustang.
Eh, i bet the ride is super smooth, pretty cool car dude.

you drive a BMW

BMW's scream I'M A MANAGER AT TARGET LOOK AT ME

Bread on hood you insufferable faggot.

I am with you. I have a 99 M3 Convertible. Its my summer daily driver. Every young boy who thinks he has reached man hood wants to race. It gets kind of old.

I love the E46 M3 and am thinking about getting one. I have had this one for 11 years and love it. I like that it is smaller then the E46. I just wish I have the E46 engine and 6 speed. If I do get an E46 it will be because of that engine.

Is that actually yours? I didn't think anyone on Veeky Forums would be capable of keeping an e36 looking so pristine

>>E46 M3
Heavy, 3400+lb garbage car.

Thanks. Yup its mine. Took those pictures last weekend. Bought it in 2005. Still going strong.

This, the only time I feel the need to flex my engine is when someone is riding my ass, or is being a total asshat in front of me

Poorfag here, how do you keep your engine bay so clean, as in how much time and money does that require?

it's one of the best drivers cars ever made.
Sports cars tend to be heavy.
Just because it's heavier than your 1.8 litre econobox it doesnt mean it's garbage

The hard part is getting it clean. Keeping it clean is easy. Getting it clean the first time when I buy a car I use engine foam and a power washer. But be careful with the power washer. You cant just blast away. Once its clean just wipe it down with simple green or 409 when you wash the car. I then treat the plastic parts with the same stuff you would use on your dash. Works well. Does not cost hardly anything. Just takes work.

I feel you bro. I'm driving e55 amg and almost everyday some STREET RACER on an old bmw like e36 with 2.0 and loud shit exhaust trying to make me go mad. wtf

Don't know much about sport cars I see

>drives a vert
>probably an automatic too
>manhood

lol. your car is outclassed by even the basest of base model 3 series now. Fuck off with your boomer goggles.

>engine foam and a power washer
Any specific areas that I should avoid getting wet?

Probably wiring stuff, the pressure is what you really have to be concerned about, then the water entering the newly opened area. Simple green is not safe for aluminum use. Dem plastic bay's remind me of working on Vanos on e39, every part is 100 bucks.

okay gs400

Oh so I am guessing you must own one of the newer BMWs then. Good for you. Too bad you cant understand how an E36 can be fun. Thats ok. Lots of people dont know about cars.

Way to make yourself look like an ass

You don't want to Blast wiring, intake boots or electrical boxes. Stand back with the washer gun. Always keep it a few feet from the motor so the full force of the water does not hit anything. You can also do it with a garden hose. it just takes time.

Oh make sure you wash the cars after. You don't want that foam sitting on your paint.

See funny thing is I don't care what I look like to you.

You have a great day sir.

Thanks a bunchenjoy, your convertible. Personally I'm just happy I could find a e60 in my price range and I want to take good care of it

Coilpacks. I hosed down the bay on my E36 M3 after I spilled a 1/2 quart of oil over the valve cover and it ran like shit a few days later with bad misfires. Turns out a bunch of water ended up getting in the spark plug wells and didn't dry out even after driving 120+ miles over 2-3 days. Got water almost all the way to the top of the spark plug wells

It was misfiring bad enough I thought my guibo/driveshaft was about to fall the fuck apart from the vibrations

Kills Thread?

dude nice hahah fucking roasted that faggot ass OP

Hahaha omg roasted haha heckin nice man.
High five!

stop samefagging.

reminder that almost nobody has a nice car on 4chinz and most don't have a car at all. If they're even old enough to drive.

Where in Maine is this?
I live outside of waterboro, wonderful whip by the way. Keep it away from the salt!

Thanks. Good luck with your E60. A BMW does not have to be an M car to be fun.

HAHA Good point

Thanks. Those pictures were taken last weekend on the Mt Washington Auto Road. Its only about 1.5 hours from my house in Androscoggin county. Car went up with only the Aux cooling fan coming on and down with no brake over heating issues. That pretty damn good for a 17 year old car on an 8 mile road with an avg of 11% grade. That's a work out for any car.

I don't drive this in the Winter. First year I had it (2005) I did drive it through a winter because it was all I had. NEVER AGAIN!!! This is the worst car you have ever seen or heard of in the snow LOL. Also that stuff the DOT puts on the roads now really SUCKS. Killing my truck. But as a Mainer you already know that.

Also nice Volvo. I have always liked those

My 28K car is faster than yours stock. Them feels.

You had to pay 28K in 2016 to beat a car from 2003 that you can buy for 12K and your bragging?

I wounder how a 2003 Subaru would do against an E46 M3 on a track. Also when I think Quality high performance track car I don't think Subaru. For ripping up a dirt road or on a rally stage sure but to live with everyday no thank you.

"Them feels"

to be fair, buying a BMW from 2003 would be especially RETARDED

especially it being a M.

But you still have a valid point

Also the Top Gear test. You are at a party and someone asks "What are you driving these days?"

You: A Subaru
Him: A BMW

See my point?

Them Feels x2

Not true. Mine is a 99 M3 convet with 150K on it. After 11 years of driving (60k miles). It still drives great and I have put less money in my M then I have my 2001 Chevy Silverado I drive when not in the M. A used M is probably the best bang for the buck you are going to find. Well an S4 is also as good and better year round if you live in the land of snow.

I am NOT down on Subaru however. they are GREAT cars. I would buy one as a daily driver. Just made for a different market.

why the Berlin plate though?

I like the look of it. Its correct for the car. In my state you are required to have a front plate but so far sense 2005 I have not been stop 1 time (knock on wood) for it. In fact the only people who give me a hard time about it is the guys at the tire store I used to go to. Both times I had them put tires on they gave me crap. The last time I had to get rude with the guy and say drop it and put my tires on. I stood right there and watched like a hawk to make sure he did it right. Never went back. Funny story kid doing the work could not understand why the back tires were wider then the front. The "Plate enforcement guy" said it was because "German cars suck".

Yeah that's it LOL

I thought you said that you wouldn't want to live with one everyday?

The stock tune is a bit annoying sometimes I will admit that, the turbo comes on all at once and falls flat at around 6k.

And yeah, it doesn't have the name drop prestige, but I don't really give a shit about that, it's a punchy small displacement turbo, that's the shit I like.

I do live with it from mid May to mid Sept everyday. But I live in Maine so high performance rwd cars are no good in the snow. Also I have a 24 foot boat that is 5500lbs on the trailer so I need a truck.

You got me when it comes to year round driveability in Maine. That is one of the reasons I love Subaru. But when it came time to replace my wife's Jeep Grand C I got her a 2008 Audi A6. just as good as the Subaru in bad weather but much nicer to drive. You can find nice ones for under 10K. I don't buy new cars.

I don't do rally things in my WRX anyway, because the paint will chip if you breathe on it wrong. I put a full clear bra on the front.

I wasn't going to get new, but I've never had a new car before, I think everyone deserves a new car at least once.

Fair point. I am with you. I did buy new at one time but now I pay cash or I don't buy. Hate making car payments. But I don't fault you for doing it. Nothing wrong that. You seem like a smart guy who makes good choices. Well I hope anyway LOL

My old truck hooked to the boat right now. Can't pull that with an M or Subaru.

Well, I like to think so. I know a lot of people buy these cars and start to mod the shit out of them from day 1. I'm at least going to wait until my warranty is up. There are people pushing 400hp tunes out of a stock block on these cars, it's just asking for an explosion.

Also consider yourself lucky that you don't have strict cops in Maine. If i tried that no front plate thing in Oregon, i'd have a ticket within days.

Its funny because the kids running around town trying to do the same thing on their Jettas get busted and you seem them zip tie on a Maine plate under it. But I am not driving like an ass with loud music. Well I do drive like an ass on back roads but not in town. I am not that old yet (42) but maybe they cut me some slack for that too.

I know you can do crazy stuff with the WRX. Its a great car. But I would NEVER do that to my daily driver (Again). I learned my lesson the hard way. Sitting on the side of the road in a cloud of smoke on your way to work is no fun.

I looked at a supercharger kit for my M3 and am thinking about it but I don't want to lose the reliability.

Any idea how much power you would gain? Modding is too tempting to me to not do it eventually. But I haven't blown up a car yet either for reference, so maybe i'll end up regretting it.

I know my boss has an 2014 S4 with an aftermarket supercharger on it, and it's absolutely insanely fast.

Genuinely kek'd

I would go from 240hp to 347hp with the Dian kit. Its 4k (Not cheap) but is very well done. No need to go into the engine to make any changes and the stock drive train can handle fine. In a 3150lb car with 12% drive train power loss it would be a rocket.

I was into hot classic Saab 900 Turbos when I was younger. Crazy quick and a blast to drive BUT we would go through gear boxes like we did gas. Would end up between the 3 of use (2 friends did it too) 1 ever few months. We could change one out in 3 hours and would buy a rotted out Saab 900 non turbo for the box for 300$ and crush the car for to make 100$ back. Then you were good for another 6 months or so.

I moved on to M cars, one moved to Porsche's (old 911's) and the other is a WRX guy. So I guess only 2 of us grew up LOL

>cruising in my econobox on the motorway, minding my own business
>suddenly a large neckbeard creeps past me in the other lane, staring at me the whole time while breathing through his mouth
>swerves infront of me and slows down
>stickers indicate that it must be his company car and he's on his way to deliver some tofu
>he must also be a big fan of Japanese cartoons and my little pony
>at this point he is going well under the speed limit so I pull into the other lane and speed up a bit
>suddenly his car revs uncontrollably and he flies away I'm a cloud of smoke shouting something about "Dagumi"
>didn't even notice it was a Quattro.

Sounds fun to me.

>there are two people so Reddit tier that they make faggot comments like this

Why live

Talk to the guys in /pog/ (when it's not dead), there are more than a few nice pieces of German engineering in there.

Literally a 5 minute job.

There's like 7-10 other ///M owners in BMWgen alone, mostly E36s and E46s with 1-2 E92s.

sweet cougar dude

Sti is not faster than an e46 M3.

Also there are at least three e85/6 Z4Ms.

samefag