So whatever happened with this? People were speculating that VW would go under...

So whatever happened with this? People were speculating that VW would go under, or face many millions in fines but it seems to have blown over and VW are just as strong before.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pl2RAG3fS2E
itv.com/news/2016-04-21/emissions-scandal-how-does-your-car-rank/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

vw did nothing wrong

gas the amerifats, dieselwar now

>just as strong before

Not even close. That said I'd buy one of the effected vehicles if I could be sure it wasn't cucked with an "upgrade".

>VW Up! TSi vs 328i.

youtube.com/watch?v=pl2RAG3fS2E

Fucking amazing how they made such a small engine make all that power.

>dad was 1000% sure he could pick up a cheap diesel vw after dieselgate
>prices largely remained static

Its almost as if people care more about their car being powerful thanbit being clean

>and VW are just as strong before.
except they aren't. They got billions of dollars in fines over the 2.0L engines. They're still working on fines for the 3.0L engines.

The funny thing is... There IS no fix. There is no fix because any fix has to be approved by the EPA and NHTSA. If they can't fix it, then, legally, VW HAS to buy back every single vehicle and crush it.

The TSI is a petrol/gasoline engine. This thread is for diesels. Please take your BS somewhere else.

It emerged that lots of other cars were quite a lot worse, all of the Ford Tdci engines are massively over what VW engines were producing, I guess that they decided to keep quiet on that rather than hurt the blue oval.

Friend has an A3 diesel he picked up used right before Dieselgate became a thing.

He is going to wait till the last minute and have VW buy it back from him, for more than he paid for it. Then get a Tesla Model 3.

>Then get a Tesla Model 3.
top cuck

itv.com/news/2016-04-21/emissions-scandal-how-does-your-car-rank/

VW amongst the best, they will probably challenge any pay-outs unless the same or stricter penalties are put in place for Ford, GM, Merc, Kia, Mazda, Volvo and Toyota.

>european emissions scandal affecting fines in America where different standards are used
Yes... not gonna happen. No fines have been stated in euroland, The fines from America for the 2.0L (not including the incoming fines for the 3.0L engines) was 14.7 billion dollars, That alone is enough to wipe out all profit they made last year. The coming 3.0L fines, combined with fines in Europe could send them under. VW relied heavily on their diesels.

>>european emissions scandal affecting fines in America where different standards are used
Are you seriously this stupid?

When they are bought back they will disable the engines and sell the cars to scrap yards like pick n pull to part out. Many of the parts are shared between gas and diesel cars, at least externally.

Affected buyers in CA had to mail their plates back then get the vehicle towed back to the car dealer for a lemon refund/replacement. Such is life under the boot of CARB. VW didn't get fucked insomuch as individual dealers who were left with hundreds of unregisterable lemons that they had to write off and sell to scrappers. Most are now looking for compensation from VW.

If he was willing to buy a salvage title, and have it towed from CA he could probably have gotten a bargain.

most dealers already are buying them back (at least in the one state that is anal retentive about smog tests) otherwise they risk getting fucked by lemon laws. Most are able to trade people into regular gas cars though rather than giving them a full payout.

i have not seen any deals here either

Just like l thought it was just a VW share sale.

No one cares about something everyone knows, no one approves, yet everyone does coming to light. There will be a short rave and everything resumes.

lol at USA wanting to blackmail Vw
>tfw EPA knew immediately about the ECU program
>tfw EPA let's VW make a bunch of sales
>when sales are sufficient for a massive fine and sales slow down, announce to the world "oeh nooez teh VW"
>tfw EPA rubs hands together demanding fines
>efw

Is it a good idea to buy a used TDI with low milage for cheap? Will VW offer to buy it from me? I live in a state with no diesel emission testing btw

Funny thing is i bought a '14 Jetta 1.8t a year before all that came out and i still daily the car.

resale value didn't really take a major hit because the car is petrol powered.

Yes. They wont buy it from you though

It was only the yankies that got their knickers in a twist over this.

Fuck the EPA

You probably mean CA. I got my 2012 passat with 110,000 miles at a chevy dealership in LA for 12k. It was to good of a deal to pass up. I like the car so I'm not gonna sell it back I'll just take my payout. Even if they nerfed the car, it's my commuter car so it won't really bother me much. Plus I can get an APR tune later to give it 200hp and 385 lb/ft of torque.

Because burgerworld is a jewish playground.

Vw worker here aak me anything.

Why'd you do it?

The cheap cars were to be had in the couple weeks immediately following the scandal going public when no one was exactly sure what the fuck was going to happen, and no one wanted to get stuck holding the bag.