Buying used BMWs

I want to buy a used 2012/13 F10 5 series, they are cheap, an average of 20k and some as low as 17k(high milage ones)

Are they reliable? Would hey have to go into the shop for repairs alot? My current car is 13 years old and breaks down once a month

Be sure you have roadside assistance. Kek

If you want a car that retains some driver feel and isn't a pigfat mess, take a step back and look at post-facelift E90s.

They are cheap for a reason.

What is your current car?

2003 Chevy Malibu

These BMWs will break down once a month after a few years as well.

Why? They aren't engaging to drive anymore. They don't have a dipstick. They're pigfat with too many driver aids. The last good 5-series was the e39.

Also,
>buying the small engine
Badgewhore lease special.

I'm not a boyracer, I just want a sedan that handles well

it's not even too heavy for its size
it handles pretty good
you can turn off all the driver aids (unlike other luxury car brands)

Go to r/BMW

Better than this circle jerk of broke niggas

Purchase a BMW through carmax and purchase the maxcare warranty.

German here, it's almost always a bad idea, especially that series is notorious for being crap

I saw a 330d broken down at a motorway service just the other day

So why not get a e39?

Because I don't want an e39, I want an f10

E39 is old and ugly imo

>E39 is old and ugly imo

So is the F10.

Latest model or bust.
>buying antique BMWs
>ever

F10 is the latest model

Word. And seriously don't buy a BMW unless it's an M car. Just don't do it.

Are you that autist with the E46 who lost his shit and made a thread on that subject

why don't you buy a LS460. it has a nicer interior, better engine, is bigger, more reliable, etc.

If you want a 5 series, look at a 2010 535.
If a 3 series will do, look at the 2011 335D.

Or go full retard and pick up an F01 740...

Get out you filthy casual. Shut up and buy a camry faggot. You're obviously not an enthusiast.

I'm not

Not everyone is a boyracer

Lexus is unreliable

Hahaha. Opposite of truth troll strikes again!

do you have donkey brains?

What's the difference between the numbers on various models of BMW's? Is that just a difference in packages for luxury or performance and the like? And how do I identify when a car is an E39? Is it merely any 5-series produced between 96 and 03?

E39, e38, e46, f10, etc... Is the chassis code. 3xx, 5xx indicates the engine. It used to mean displacement but now it's arbitrary.