West Virginia Meet Thread

>inb4 hurr incest, backwoods, redneck, etc, we know.
>inb4 shit state, we know.

Let's get this shit set up boys

Possible Locations, these are the not-wrong-turn areas of the state that I know of, list more if there's better.
>East River (Tougue as fack)
>Beckley (Big Town, amazing tougue nearby on Rt. 99, plus more all over the place)
>Charleston (City, not very many good roads)
>Montgomery (College Town 1, good-ish roads)
>Morgantown (College Town 2, shit roads)

I'm in Beckley, but have gas will travel

morgantown represent. can confirm shit roads.

There's a West Virginia?

You go to WVU? How many Saudi kids in Lamborghini's there?

I've been thinking the same thing for 20 years now

I dont go to wvu Im a townie. maybe 1 or 2 lambos on a good day but those sand niggers like mustangs and american muscle cars of the like

>a college townie that browses Veeky Forums

Wow, most of the townies in Montgomery just try to steal my cigarettes and then when I catch them they ask "ayy bub can I bum a sqware"

Princeton here. Im down for anywhere really.

as a former mountaineer, I highly recommend leaving that god forsaken state.

we know it's shit. I think you missed the point of this thread.

I will come from Veeky Forumshi/o/ if you guys promise to not bully someone who knows nothing about cars

None of us do, we all just go to the car forums and figure it out!

Plus I learned a lot about what I know at meets while looking at other's engine bays and talking, it's a good ass time you should come down once we get this shindig rollinf

I know a lot about cars. Pop owns a race shop (Poorly profitable in this area.) a.d I used to work there. I'd be cool to spread some knowledge since o.ly two of my friends actually like cars.

Well it sounds like everyone's pretty lenient on the location, how about Beckley? Now cause it's just where I'm from and I'm a lazy shit but from what I've seen the best roads are around here plus I know of plenty of locations we can meet or go to if we get thrown out. Plus OP mentioned Rt. 99 which is fucking legit I used to have to drive it every day for work, and it is just straight 20 miles of windy mountain pass with a few straight stretches for pulls it's great.

In Beckley the best meet spots would likely be
>Walmart on Eisenhower because the lot is huge and 3/4 of it is empty at any given time. At night it is totally dead and a good hooning spot due to its hugeness without many obstacles
>Crossroads Mall because mall parking lot is gigantic. Good at night, but there's pretend police during the day so it'd likely get shut down
>Beckley Mall on Eisenhower because big lot, plus 24 hour McDonald's is there if we get hangry
>Marquee Cinemas side lot because big, and no one will mess with us down there, plus it is completely empty unless a new star wars comes out by surprise

If anyone in the area knows of anymore let me know, I can start making a little ad like they do for the n/o/rcal meets on here

>tfw all of my car buddies live in Maryland

For me it was either get cucked by the last Suzuki dealership on earth or learn how to fix my own car, that's how I learned my shit haha

Yeah. I work a phone job now. Not much of a long term career in racing here when the average age of the customer is 56. Pop also didnt like me doing assembly on stuff because he's a perfectionist. I can do it though.

Was born in Beckley and lived there till I was 7

Parents left in the late 90's, the state really has been a shit show since the early 80's.

Is that a Honda Civic Hatchback?

Yup it's my friend's from MD

1992 Civic SI hatch running a built d16

Show of shitboxes! Who /WV/ here ?

Everyone i would say

I drive a 2004 aveo. Out shitbox that :^)

So what date is best for you fellas, if another date is better post it
>7/23/16
>7/30/16

Also what time
>Day
>Night

I'm thinking the side lot of the marquee cinemas on North Eisenhower Drive because its empty 99% of the time, whole area is a ghost town at night though. If anybody else has any better ideas let me know. Trying to get this shit rolling.

>2011 Suzuki Kizashi
>Beckley
>You can't get more shitbox than a car that's company went bankrupt because of the shitty sales of said car

I work the two next saturdays, tfw

Thirtieth works for me. Night would probably be better for fun shit. I've got a 98 cx civic in rare automatic! (Kill me now. Also no pic atm). It's getting a bit rough these days, but I'm gonna fix it and buy a frs for REAL shitboxing.

Damn, that looks clean. I didn't know there were any 944's still running these days.

There's actually a couple running around down here. A fucking nice Starion and Supra too. Those are the most out of the ordinary cars in town. Most people around here are still into sentras and cavaliers.

Fucking noice, there's a Supra MK3 at one of the local shops that's beat to hell but could be fixed, its on cinder blocks and everything. Makes me cry.

I see a few random s13s (All in awful shape), Golf Gtis, a fuck ton of miatas, a few fc rx7s, and odd amount of 2g eclipses (all in bad shape), an odd mk3 supra, and the normal gaggle of boomer cars. I saw a Tesla once too. I thought it was a nissan at first.

So, is the meet still happening?

If i had a decent car or was off either of those days I'd go

Captcha: select all cars

I'm thinking 7/30/16 at 8pm, good mix of day time and nightshift for us

Also marquee cinemas side lot in Beckley, big open lot and no one will mess with us there since its empty 99% of the time. Worst case scenario we locate to the walmart lot thats just up a hill from the cinemas.

I have a little flyer set up I'm just waiting till I get off work to post it. If this thread 404's I'll make a new one with all the details set in stone.

I'm hyped, the only car meets I've seen around here are boomers with rat rods and v6 mustangs

If this goes good I'll definitely get more set up in the near future.

Im If its that late I could probably come hoon my stock 2004 aveo after work :^)

Hell yeah pal, I'll bring my dslr to capture its glory

woo

I'll make a new thread once this one 404's with the new flyer

What kind of age group is this meet gonna have? What's the chance of me getting kidnapped?

If you're old enough to own a car you should be good, we'll be around if someone pulls some stupid shit.

I'm 19, but not sure about everyone else

Holy fucking shit I hate you motherfuckers. I wait 9 years for a meet close enough to go to and you assholes decide to have it right after I start driving a truck otr. Burn in hell. I hope you guys touge right off the side of sandstone mountain.

>pls no bully
What did you have before?

Vehicle? Just a shitty pickup.

What's wrong with a truck?

I like driving the truck. I just wish a meet could have happened a month ago.

Nothern WV reporting in. I drive a GT-R in a sea of brodozers, base model "muscle cars" and shitboxes. No one knows what my car is and it's great.

Nazakato ?

Uhh?

Northern panhandle or morgantown area? Are you golden gtr guy?

>GT-R
>West Virginia

pls come to the meat

I can bring my friend who's into cars. Let's make this happen.

Panhandle, I'm about an hour from Morgantown.

Sounds like everyone is pretty far south. I'm up by Wheeling/Weirton.

>The south will rise again bub

Be a real Mountaineer. We left the confederacy to stay with the union. Rebel scum.

>shoot bud it was about states rights not slaves

I live near Martinsburg. Beckley is too far for me and my wrx

What would be a better location for everybody? I want to get as many people at this as possible

As much as I'd like to meet up, there's no way I'm driving 3+ hours. It sounds like there's only a couple of us up in Northern WV. Sorry Veeky Forums, count me out.

I'm willing to go 2.5 pussy boy :^)

Google says I'm 4 hours from Beckley. Fuck that :(

>posting on mongolian watercolour board about cars

>doesn't want to spend hours on end inside his car

I shiggy diggy

Yes, because driving for hours on a highway is why I bought a sports car.

Martinsburg reporting in.

god awful roads reporting in

Show of hands, how many of you are actually coming? Me and my friend are coming up from Princeton.

I'll definitely be there since its right down the road for me

I'm planning on coming, but I don't know if something will come up. Put me down for an unreliable maybe.