/ssbg/ - Super Smash Bros. General

>News
- Update 1.1.6 now available for download!

- 1.1.6 Balance Patch Notes:smashboards.com/threads/436806/

- 1.1.5 Balance Patch Notes:smashboards.com/threads/433162/

>Resources and Guides
pastebin.com/vN9tKBx1 (embed)

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/4dn59
pastebin.com/gbNJexHL
youtube.com/watch?v=17NmOnNc-4U&feature=youtu.be
discord.gg/hJmmm
twitter.com/YahooEsports/status/775839509061767168
discordapp.com/invite/0kMyiyd1r38A7kIF
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Melee sucks

YOU suck.

Greninja is TOO HARD.

Moxy's discord

discord.gg/4dn59

Join Moxy's discord for high quality gaming discussion and intelligent discussion about non gaming related topics. The most friendly Discord in the history of Discords.

I bet you like PM

Don't worry Jiggs 1.1.7 is coming soon and all the Cloud players and other flowchart top tiers are going to be nerfed hard and we will be buffed to perfection.

>he still obsessively stalks the threads just so that he can delete /ssbg/ discords and tournaments from the OP
congratulations, you are the OP for one thread of a shitty dead general that hates your guts and exposes you for your bullshit everyday. what a great life you have!

Lets make /ssbg/ mildly enjoyable again. Add these to your Veeky Forums X filter lists and uncheck "stubs" in options
pastebin.com/gbNJexHL

youtube.com/watch?v=17NmOnNc-4U&feature=youtu.be

You all need to watch this

Real thread with the real OP

this one was made by chazo and is going to die so move over

S A G E

>announcing a sage

love these images
are there any others?

Real thread with real OP

sage

real thread

Does this work the the built in stuff? When I filter trips I still see them even though it blocks namefags and I don't know why it's not working.

People have that much trouble with Mario? I can see Cloud because he has no lag on his moves and controls neutral against even character because of limit. Mario just has safe stuff and nairs out of shit for free

>he still obsessively stalks the threads just so that he can make new generals that shill his (((official))) /ssbg/ discord in the OP, bumps his duplicate their with endless autism, and overall can't stop fellating himself because our buddy chronos only has this left in his pathetic life.
congratulations, you keep bumping your own threads with fake and barely in smash related topics or twitter garbage. You think you fool people just because these other triptard niggers are more vocal with their shitposting but anyone with half a braincell sees through you. what a great life you have! so go back to sucking yourself off and leave the smash discussions here with your discord, trip, and autism elsewhere :^)

Real thread with real OP

sage

Don't use the thread made by chazo/moxy just because they couldn't advertise their private circlejerks in the OP anymore

Mario is no skilled overpower garbaged I hope they remove him from next game

>shitposting about moxys discord is smash discussion
>doesnt post twitter garbage
>doesnt have autism
>doesnt have a trip
guess I'm in the clear then, who was this even supposed to be for?

Right it has to be one of those two because no one else can disagree with the great chronos! Surely discord drama has made this general great again, just look at all the traffic brought in by the official discord, not in anyway shitposts in any thread that dares to not you or your ball lickers create it and fill it with samefags.

there are only 2 /ssbg/ers who actually talk like this, nice job outting yourself you shitposter

wow youre retarded
almost every one of these dupe threads has a filename that you can trace back to chazo, its commonly known at this point. He doesnt even try to hide it by starting the thread with a different type of image.

Real thread with real OP

sage

Don't use the thread made by chazo/moxy just because they couldn't advertise their private circlejerks in the OP anymore

if you're thread is better stay there. fuck off

Cloud is fine

good morning mk8g

We're here

this one was made by chazo and he changed the op for his own benefits (again)

saged

I would really love to hear you justify why you think Cloud needs no nerfs, Falafei. I'm sure you're biased, but you can't think he's completely fine as is compared to the rest of the cast, can you?

>falafel
wrong general

saging

Is this the longest we've gone without a patch so far? Not that it matters but maybe that would be an indication if we have any chance of another one.

When will you people realize Fox wins the Cloud match up and pick him up for all your counterpicking needs?

*nairs ur phantasms and fire foxes*

More people should play Lucas

>unlike ness can mix up recovery, can recover from the depths of hell, can avoid being meme'd my rosa with tether
>whilst ness has a stronger back throw, lucas can kill out of pretty much any throw, meaning he isnt forced to camp the ledge like ness for throw kills, he can be anywhere on the stage at once
>his tether is slow, but has all the benefits of a tether grab whilst also being safe as shit
>can reflect and absorb any projectile, and his PK fire and Zair make him able to out projectile pretty much every character in the game. Can also safely camp with little repercussions
>underrated combo game, if you dont SDI nair your looking at an easy 70 percent combo, if you do SDI, then the move is virtually safe and can lead to regrabs or what ever you want
>unlike Ness, disjoint characters barely faze him because he can safely keep you out with projectiles and also grab you with a tether. His own aerials are also faster.

more people should play him, if anyone ever says "hurf durf hes just a bed nessss" you can tell they have never played a competent lucas.

You've fought the rare Cloud who will go near enough to a ledge and be aggressive instead of charging limit all day? I didn't know they existed. Can't Fox go low enough using both recoveries to prevent edgeguards from him anyway?

if he goes low he risks bair/nair stagespiked or getting spiked/knocked even further by dair
onstage fox can actually fight him thanks to his speed though, both their edgeguard options are great while recovery options not so much
i'd say it breaks pretty close to even

I don't see why people think Ness is better when Lucas has more options. Doesn't his zair combo into a dash grab too? That's a great use. Also agree with him being better against disjoints while Ness can be pushed offstage with fairs all day.

Anyone on wii u feel like getting demolished for a bit?

Even with Cloud's retard proof aerials I don't see being able to keep a good Fox out. He has too many good moves + his outstanding speed the only time he should be offstage is when he wants to be for an edgeguard.

Pitbutt

>the only time he should be offstage is when he wants to be for an edgeguard.
gee bill i'm pretty sure that counts for just about everyone in the cast
you're right that it's not that black and white when it comes to cloud's edgeguard but you have to remember fox's options to get back aren't all the best, if you know what you're doing even against a good fox you can take stocks from him offstage at least somewhat reliably with a fair amount of characters. same thing goes for cloud.
getting him off though can be the most difficult part

Yeah that applies to everyone but I said it because Fox should have enough speed to outmaneuver and reposition himself with his speed that dictates the flow of the match like Sonic. Fox might have linear recoveries but they're above average in terms of distance so how can Cloud in this case stop him if he falls low, sideb, then upb? If he's decent he should be able to tech a stage spike he can see coming a mile away if Cloud tries it.

not that dude, but limit cross slash /blade beam catches vertical recoveries below the ledge easily, and its difficult to tech because of the zoom in, and heavy delay between slashes.

This general died for hours and hours yesterday with no one making a new thread.

We are truly dead. Stop reviving a dead general. please.

Thats why we have a new thread now

Oh right that's a point I forgot about. I tunnel-visioned into only thinking of his aerials. Is there a method for teching either of those limit moves like waiting until the second to last strike to press or something?

Like all teching, you cant press the shield button during the frames where youre actually getting hit or the tech wont work at all. You just have to wait until the last hit of whatever long lasting attack youre getting hit by finishes, then try to tech between you that time and you hitting the wall. Just like a normal tech, theres no hidden method, only its a little harder to do just because you cant instantly be ready the moment you get hit. When youre about to get backaired against the stage, you know when its going to happen and when to react. But cross slash lasts a while and ends suddenly

Who's the easiest character in Melee to beat event 51 with? I've tried Jigglypuff but I can only get Giga Bowser down.

Stop reviving a dead general. please.

Right but is there any visual cue or timing trick that can be used to help you prepare for the sudden endings or duration of limit slash and beam or would it just takes lots of experience against it to maybe learn?

Nope. You just have to know when it ends through experience.
Its like techning ganon's choke. The only way to git gud at it is to grind it out and practice

sadly ganon's is easier to practice because it's on stage as opposed to a stage tech and I don't know anyone who uses cloud often to get practice in.

i played cloud for a while to get a feel for how to fight him so i could probably help you grind it a bit if you want but not now

learn to l-cancel
now use falco and just spam pillar combos and bair

that's kind of you thanks. Do you have an nnid I could send a request to for when you want to?

lucas is very underrated. i even think he solidly beats ness in the mu. but ness has substantially more killpower to compensate for the predictable neutral and poopy recovery

desu most tier lists these days put ness 11-15, which is probably close to lucas

Lucas is trash. Stop this "call shit character underrated" meme

sorry for slow response
no guarantee that our connection will allow it but we can always try anyway
NNID TheListerMister
i'll be around about 12 hours from now so let me know when you're up for it

Thank you. I'm not sure I'll be around 12 hours from now but I'll send you a request when I'm back later and try to contact you to see if you're available.

alright then, no rush.
if you want better luck at finding me just look on anther's. just remember to say you're from here

This general died for hours and hours yesterday with no one making a new thread.

We are truly dead. Stop reviving a dead general. please.

100% agreed.

lmao, who made you king of /ssbg/? fuck off and leave if you don't enjoy this place anymore

Ganon mains get in here!

Besides Ness' backthrow, do they really have that big of a difference in killpower? I would think neutral is more important in sm4sh so Lucas would be the obvious choice over Ness anyway.

Lucas is around 40th on good tier lists

bthrow is the tits, but truthfully i feel like uair is ness' best kill move, and lucas doesn't have an equivalent

lucas wins the neutral, but ness can reliably kill much earlier and can hardpunish in ways lucas can't

Main Lucina, fiddle around with a bunch of other characters.

Long time melee player, I want to get into a character that's fun and not riding a true-combo gimmick.

Considering meta knight, Lucas, or Falco?
Give me some direction bros

Also is For Glory always filled with faggoty-ass players who abuse lag windows?

Ya'll niggas posting in CHAZO'S thread

Real ssbg with real OP is here
Move over

Switch to marth

Man you must suck if youre still having trouble with events

Lucina is perfectly respectable. But MK is solid and better than any character you listed. Hes quick and fun to play as well

>Lucina is perfectly respectable
You may delude yourself waifufag but that's as far as you'll get.

nobody cares. just stay in your dupe thread.

How many days/weeks will it take to get out of the "up to jump" habit? I feel like I have to completely eliminate that before I can start learning any advanced techniques.

but this one is going to die anyway

just sayin' while sagin'

Is tap jump not viable competitively? m2k uses it in melee at least you just have to figure out how the hell he does it so accurately

>Implying I have the skill and knowledge M2K has

Though, if he LEARNED to play using it, I guess it's possible. Are all of his jumps tap or only certain ones?

Amazing how chazo didn't advertise his shitcord yet

Don't support shitters and move over to the real thread

anyone fancy 3ds

wrong general

I don't know if he had to learn it or that's what he always used and continues to use. I don't know the specifics I assumed he used it for all his jumps. There needs to be more useful stuff for people who use tap jump. Like how would you wavedash comfortably jumping and then using L?

I alternate between up jumping and button jumping, I use buttons when I wanna do short hops into a hit but I use up jumps to recover and just make higher jumps in general. But I can't see myself growing out of up to jump, I used to be one of those kids who thought using the Wiimote sideways was a viable way to play Smash

Moxy's Discord for matches

discord.gg/hJmmm

any advice or stuff out there for solo tap jump people? Melee is finicky with it

see this general is fated to die anyway

twitter.com/YahooEsports/status/775839509061767168

Anti has a new sponsor

Nice copying my post

now that this thread is obviously a bad ripoff of the original one, move here everyone

S A G E

>falling for obvious bait
>announcing a sage
leave it to you

Don't reply to be with offtopic drama shitposter

/ssbg/ has an OFFICIAL discord now made by Chronos:
discordapp.com/invite/0kMyiyd1r38A7kIF
It's open for everyone and has no moderation - If you can't get along with others use the blocking function.

Where did it all go so wrong?

ssbg is dead

move over to nintyg
sage

Nobody cares, make like your shitty dupe thread and delete yourself

>Nobody cares
because no decent regular left

sage

and thanks for the (you)