My Grandad is going to pass away soon :(. Although i'm going to inherit a lot. What would be a good car 100-200k?

My Grandad is going to pass away soon :(. Although i'm going to inherit a lot. What would be a good car 100-200k?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qSkSseh5gx0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'd buy a brand new cayman s then save the rest.

Do you already have a nice house and garage/tools?

Don't spend it all on a car. Save some away, or invest in a house.

And buy a damn good car.

Testarossa

>try to suggest a car to OP
>realize that the BMW M6, Jaguar F-Type SVR, Aston Martin V8 Vantage S and Porsche 911 Carrera 4S all seem excellent and are all situated in the same price range

>cayman
Kill yourself senpai.

2010 lamborghini gallardo, then watch it blow up in your face because of italian engineering.

this desu

Oh, and the AMG GT as well.

w-what?

Look into the older market of super cars (930s, testarossas, E-types, NSX, 993s, and etc). Buy somthing you can drive but will also appreciate in value over time. Honestly, I always die a little inside when someone gets money and blows their load over something new(ish). Obviously do research on dr car you come into contact with, make sure all documents are there, the lower the owner count the better, and the condition it is in.

what?

nice front plate

Make sure to budget for several years of maintenance and insurance.

Unless you're specifically looking for a daily driver or only-car (which you'd have to be fucking retarded to spend over 100k on), the trick with weekend cars is not to buy something brand new that'll lose half its value in five years, but to buy something at the bottom of its value curve that's expected to become more desirable in the future even if you put miles on it as long as the condition is kept (read: dealership maintenance). Worst case you lose little to no money on the car, best case you even gain some money when you sell it in a couple of years or a decade. With your budget you can easily afford a Testarossa/512TR, 555/575M Maranello, 612 Scaglietti or 360 Challenge Stradale, and that's just Ferraris.

100k Twingos

Sperglord strikes again.

>inheriting that much money
>want to blow it all on a car

kys, there are so many better things to invest in

I'd think that he should invest in something that is JDM like NSX, Skyline, Supra, AE86 and then some aftermarket parts. It will be a luxury sportscar killer, even though NSX and Skyline's (possibly) are already in luxury segment.

who gives a fuck about having a house? fuck off.

Houses have garages

I'm giving OP the benefit of doubt here and assuming that his car budget isn't his entire inheritance.

Listen to this man

Hellcat Challenger
GT 350R
BMW M6
Jaguar F Type
Mercedes Gt AMG
Don't buy some shitty supercar that's gonna cost thousands to repair for something small to fix or replace

Yeah why not just park your Corvette outside the trailer like all the other white trash?

What about WRX STI, Evo VIII to X, Focus and Fiesta ST, Acura/Honda NSX, 350z, 370z, Honda S2000, Infiniti G35 or 637 or etc?

Invest into ten thousand s2k's and watch value skyrocket like the madman you are

This guy has his priorities straight.

>invest
>JDM

He can't afford a Toyota 2000GT, so that idea goes out the window.

NSX have been going up in value like crazy though

This is me again. Don't take my commentary on these exact models for granted though, it's just what I expect to happen but it's not guaranteed because there have been Ferraris in the past that haven't been met with great acclaim either on release or later on like the 412 or 348/F355 that still haven't gotten out of their value slump.

The Testarossa is already iconic though, the 575M Maranello has been a famous car at its time, the 360 Challenge Stradale is a rare special model, and the 612 Scaglietti is simply a personal favorite of mine and of many other people that consider it the last elegant Ferrari before they started releasing exaggerated designs to pander to immature sandniggers.

Testarossa maybe iconic but they can be had for a veritable pittance. 40 to 60 grand.

>use the money to buy a beetle
I wouldn't.

I wouldn't expect a 40k Testarossa to even run. Every dollar spent on buying a supercar in a better condition to begin with is a dollar well spent. A supercar ain't a fixer upper shitbox that you can get straight in your garage.

Don't be a fucking moron, invest the money somewhere

The 911 is the only car anywhere near supercar performance and prestige that can reliably be daily driven. All those fucking Astons and Maseratis and what not will just take a dump on you sooner or later and can only be babbied around on the weekend.

What if he loves cars?

Ford GT

Astons are ok for the most part if you buy new or very lightly used (

>Although i'm going to inherit a lot.
I wouldn't spend the money on a 200K car. I would see about trying to create a scholarship first at the local community college to help people get educated. The university has lots of endowments but the community college does not. I'd make sure my grandfather and grandmother were both remembered that way in a positive way. You can set strange terms in some scholarships such as the next term (half year terms) of the scholarship award requires 10 hours of community or charitable volunteer work to be done in the previous half year of the scholarship term. The good scholarships have 2 year terms to help ensure people have a chance to complete their round of studies.

Anyways, I'd rather buy that virtual car than a SVT or some stupid cayman. A vehicle that helps my grandparents be remembered in a positive way is the best first vehicle. Then I'd buy a nice cheap BUT new car for myself and invest the rest for retirement.

By the time you retire, natural resources will be MUCH scarcer and more costly. So you have to invest for that time when living conditions are not anywhere as cheap as they are now with plentiful cheap petroleum and land. I want to assure my future retirement first before I make any frivolous whimsical purchases. Once I am set, then I can be wasteful as well as be able to help the people around me.

it hurts my heart to see people plotting the death of others

so many of my friends are end of life and its just so depressing they just want a fucking friend, they die alone in an age of social networking

i troll ferrarichat daily. you can get a 348 for 40-60k, but you'll never find a tesarossa at that price. 50k is about half way there.

The NSX has already popped, though it may slowly go up in price. As much as I think the cars are going up in price, I still have a hard time justifying buying one from and investment stand point and not a drivers. Respectfully, he he/she wants to import a car illegally (not 25 years old and in philly) then that would be a wise investments because I can see R33s, R34s, and supras being far north of what you can get them for now in other country's.

As many corollas as possible

That is one of the most worthy profesional cars you can get for the money. What do you mean?

NSX

100-200 twingos

>Corolla
AE86?
youtube.com/watch?v=qSkSseh5gx0

RC F

If you weren't a complete faggot I'd recommend you get something decent, fast, and used like a C6 Z06 or something that won't kill you on cost, maintenance, and insurance if all you're getting back is 200k, and invest the rest on a down payment for a house

But since OP is some underrated retard, why don't you get an Audi R8 and blow the whole wad like the moron you are

>plentiful cheap petroleum

Don't bet on this changing any time soon. I work in the oil and gas industry so make a living analyzing these types of things. The reality is barring a catastrophic incident with the Middle East wherein they completely stop exporting or producing, the days of expensive petroleum are likely over due to unprecedented domestic protection as a result of the widespread usage of horizontal drilling and advancements in fracking technology.