Future Classics

Since restoring classic cars has become far more popular due to TV shows this has inflated the price of just about all classics, regardless of their condition, putting them out of reach of many would-be collectors.

Even rusted out, gutted hulks which are mostly just wrecks are commanding ludicrously high prices.

So what are some modern cars that are destined to become classics?

Anything from 1980 onwards.

you are too poor to be a would be collector you are a would be speculator

1990s BMW 850/840

That said:

FJ Cruiser
Viper
H1 Hummer
SN 95 Cobra
Bone stock, unmolested Integra Type R

You have a few things that are sort of 'on the edge' right now as well, and how the market reacts in the next year or so will determine which way they go.

No doubt the NA. So many driftkiddos and stancefags are fucking them up these days, mint ones will be hard to come by. It will take time, but it will happen.

ford gt

I'd have to agree it's so hard to find a good rwd car these days. The Miata is really the ultimate teenagers drift car

NA Miata and the S2000 both have the potential to go full future classic, although I'm not 100% sold on either yet

I think a lot of classic cars being sold for restoration suffer from "I know what I got" syndrome.

They price it at what a restored car would be worth, not a rusted chunk of crap that would needs $20,000 or more to restore.

You also have to consider that in real life, most of these rusted out piles of junk never actually sell. They just continue to rust away under a tarp in some Boomers back yard until he dies and his children can finally haul it off to a scrap yard

>They just continue to rust away under a tarp

Likely because the seller wouldn't lower his price down to something reasonable to attract a real buyer.

Exactly. I see it all the time at work, you have boomers who bring in cars in horrible condition (often times not even running) and ask just hilariously outrageous values for them for trade.

It's fucking awful because any time you have deal with one, you're guaranteed to get an ear raping from them when you have to tell them the junk they hauled in is actually junk and not some 100K diamond in the rough

for us eurocucks I could see the twingo mk1 becoming sort of like how the mini was for americans, or the beetle was for pretty much everyone, they're fucking everywhere so there's bound to be nostalgia factor. If you mean something more along the lines of sports cars then are both right, the miata especially is ridiculously popular.

Supra 300zx rx7 3000gt

Any 90's Acura NSX
Acura Integra Type-R (preferred 1997; only around 130 made in US)
1991 BMW 318is
1991 BMW 325is
1990-1991 BMW M3
E34 M5
E39 M5
E39 2003 540i M Sport, 6spd (more rare than the E39 M5)
BMW M Coupe
Corvette ZR1
Porche 911 (pref GT3)
Toyota Supra
Dodge Viper GTS
BMW 1M (valencia orange)
Nissan 300ZX

Provided all of the cars are clean title, no leans, well documented service history, as factory stock as possible, clear carfax report. I've owned 7 cars on that list and all of them I sold for a profit.

Wouldn't it be easy to just say "sorry, we don't take non-running cars, no matter how valuable they are" and not sperg out at them about their car belonging on the scrap heap?

bump

Which malaise era cars are worth restoring?

The 1M has already appreciated, no matter the color. It's pretty much guaranteed classic status.

Which seven have you owned?
I find it unlikely that the 540i M-Sport will acheive true classic status, it may be rare but it's too niche, especially with the proper M5 on the market.
Pretty much any 911 becomes some degree of classic, except I doubt the 996 ever will because they didn't look good new and didn't age into good looks.

sweet, i have a toyota supra that was never abused but has been sitting in the front yard wayyy tooo long. something like only 100k mi on i?

how much is gonna cost me for a cheap set of tires? i think thats all i really need to get it running :o

There's a mad cunt with one in Orlando, I'm always jelly when I see it.

I dunno, but in 20 years I'm gonna be RICH.

As far as American cars go:
>Camaro ZL1
>Shelby GT500
>Corvette Z06 and ZR1
>CTS-V wagons
>Chevy SS
>Challenger/Charger SRT8 and Hellcat
>F150 Raptor

Essentially any hi-po version of a standard production vehicle.

>Geo Metro Lsi

>Chevrolet SSR
>Shelby Mustangs

So much fucking this. It kills me. It eventually becomes a situation where said boomer should pay me to haul this immobile rust pile off their lawn.

Honda CRX, maybe.

>I'm a classic car now lol

Clean CRXes have already started to appreciate. I love the look of it, I need to get one soon because I want one as a DD.

>restoring classic cars has become far more popular due to TV shows
No it hasn't

Mx-5 will be like the mgb, not worth alot, but a or rare one will be worth something.
S2000 will be like an Healey 3k. Price will just keep going up. This will happen to he rx-7 fd as well.

Air cooled porsches will continue to climb. I think the supra has already peaked, the z32 might climb. The 3000gt is a joke.

-Alfa coupe is a guaranteed classic
-Prices have stopped falling couple of years ago
-the Cup version is already ridiculously expensive
-V6 prices are climbing rapidly
this is pretty much the last call to get one for reasonable amount of money

>i have a toyota supra that was never abused but has been sitting
>cheap set of tires
WHY

The goat

Right now you can still get a decent condition 420 or 500 SEC for under 8k and 560 SEC for under 10k. But there was no W116 coupe, even older fintail coupes are already really expensive, eventually people will jump onto these with a bang.

it's also fucking ugly

HAHAHA

for you

definately FC and the 180sx