/indie/ - Indie and Obscure Games General

Wax and Wayne edition

Last thread:>What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, Machinarium, DashBored, Braid, Limbo, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, Burrito Galaxy,Cookie Clicker, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indies, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags. And be sure to make a new thread if nobody else does.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

vgperson.com/games/endroll.htm
vgperson.tumblr.com/post/21533650696/help-the-girl-i-like-wont-respond-to-my-emails
humblebundle.com/sierra-bundle
store.steampowered.com/app/95700/
youtu.be/S3i7g-dkYME
twitter.com/AnonBabble

So how many posters did we have last thread?

Damnit, I just closed the tab.

GAME OF THE THREAD:

End Roll

vgperson.com/games/endroll.htm

so wait, who is vg person?
They aren't a dev, are they?

Translator.

vgperson.tumblr.com/post/21533650696/help-the-girl-i-like-wont-respond-to-my-emails

Indie imageboard post translation light reading for boys

She made a few games too, though. "Library" was pretty good.

And by "Library", I mean "Libretta", whoops

So what's indie playing, making, or drawing?

How come he got Mad Father on steam if he didn't make it?

Bump

I hope I'm doing this game correctly for one of the true endings, I didn't really want to spoil myself with the hint read me, now that I see a guilt rating I suppose I need to do bad things when they arise, like with the kelp person I'm on the third day so far, there really does seem like a decent amount of things to do, pretty impressive. The brooding edginess to the storyline seems a little too blatant, they pretty much just flat out tell you what has happened in the past as it comes along, but I suppose that's just how the maker decided to write it. I'm enjoying the game so far.

humblebundle.com/sierra-bundle
Should I I am interested in many games in all tiers.
Most of those are point&click adventures, right?

store.steampowered.com/app/95700/
Oh nice The Cat and the Coup is featured in the midweek madness leader sale even though it is free.
It's short but sweet and a great example of how interactive learning can work.

wake up

Can somebody help me with End Roll, because I appear to be stuck.

I am currently in Day 5 and need to hide a can in the hospitals storeroom. vgpersons walkthrough says to buy a cola which can dissolve the tentacles, yet exactly jackshit happens. Is there some kinda vein I need to find or what?

Use the cola on the tentacles? Or does it use up stuff automatically?

Well, when I choose the cola in the menu, it just prompts me to choose a character (since it also acts as a healing item). I also interacted with each of the tentacles on the West Wing 2f (where the room is supposed to be located), yet nothing happens.

Nevermind, I found out how. You first have to interact with the black-haired boy on the West Wing 1F, who'll tell you that some tentacles can be dissolved with cola, prompting you to test it out.

Man, the walkthrough on its site seems kinda incomplete at times. Something similar happened in the Ruins of the Wise One.

Yeah they are not indeepth but just there for the core pointers.

Eh, true that, but it still caught me off-guard for a few minutes.

Especially because I am rushing trhough to see the normal ending, so I can replay and explore the other days from 4 onward in peace. Kinda afraid to trigger something that can screw me out of it.

Often there also is a good readme with pointers and more info in the game folder.

Is there a video game character stronger than Brad Armstrong?

And I'm not talking about Brad Armstrong with one arm. I'm not talking about Brad Armstrong with both arms either. Hell, I'm not even talking about Joyed Brad Armstrong with both arms.

I'm talking about Level 100 Joyed Failure Brad with Mike's Belt Buckle and Queen Bands, with both arms so he can perform the Buster Punches and Machine Gun Fist, as well as being extremely skilled in the Armstrong Karate Style?

Dropsy would hug him.

I'm playing sufferer because I'm a sad person and "girl on a swimsuit stuck on an island" and "partial nudity" caught my eye on the pasta. Is there literally nothing to do except grind until 250 gold to buy the key?

I meant the foraging farm. Yeah combat never really felt like a real option compared to the other 5 disciplines, it's always the last one to level and I just have to mindlessly grind it up. It doesn't really help you with your farm project at all, while all the other disciplines can be used to improve your farm and progress through the game. I only leveled combat enough so that I could delve deeper into the mines, that's the only use I got out of it.

Once you get the greenhouse and access to the skull cavern yeah there's less time for fishing in the winter. Early on though it's a very reliable way to bring in money for upgrading tools and preparing for seed purchases in the spring. The main drawback to it was time spent walking to the beach/river/lake just so you could start fishing. So I think a fishing farm would give you a pretty great early game and a more interesting mid-late game with its limited space.

I have this in my library and I'm starting to wonder why.

dead general

Threadly reminder that Undertale is globalist propaganda.

But what would brad do?

Is this squid billies?

Fail?

True.

Fail at hugging?

He could not raise his arms to hug back.

Mechanika
Probably from a bundle? It's like 3-5 hours short but pretty entertaining. And I am a sucker for self drawn assets.

Robot's got a nice ass.

What's the best non lood indie game to make loods of.

Enter the Gungeon. Has two females: the Huntress and the Convict.

Underrail

Hello?

Hello?

>vgperson.com/games/endroll.htm
>rpg Maker 2000

NO

>/indie/ still think ESA2 won't be GOTY

IM TRIPPING TITS

What's that?

What?

RPG Maker 2000 games don't run good on modern PCs

A rhythm platforming game.

Oooooh ok, that makes sense.

How long is Space Funeral?

Like an hour or two normally if I recall. It's not long. Vinny beat it in like an hour and a half.

>Vinny
kill yourself tumblr

Only if you do.

Where do you live? We can meet up and hold hands while we die.

I'm not in the loop, how is he tumblr at all?

The fanbase is Tumblr now. He has to be politically correct or people will complain.

Are you one of those people complaining about him blanking out a real dead pig's corpse that was displayed so suddenly, randomly, and in a way where the viewer would assume it's a dead decaying human carcass when they first see it for the half second it's shown?

Were you actually triggered by that? And no, I'm talking about him having so many underage tumblr fangirls and not being able to say shit like "retarded". That part shouldn't have been censored anyway. Or would you prefer a "trigger warning"?

>what is youtube getting hold of it and blocking video

Youtube would not block that video unless tons of people complain to them about it. There are countless videos of games with guro elements and videos of animal cruelty that have not been taken down, and won't be.
So censor the video because it will trigger Tumblrinas. Gotcha.

>Wanting to see decomposing dead animals in a comedy video.
Hey Midson.

Huh actually guilt rating (at least according to the game, vaguely) is a good thing you get from helping people out.

Probably something like... the more attached you are, the more you realize how fucked up the things you did in waking life were.

:3

What is this game actually don't mind me asking, I was thinking of playing but like what is it exactly?

A walk in the mind of a mentally damaged kid, on the path to healing via some dream medicine... thing

Surreal to a point, but not so much just to be crazy and weird.

RPG elements seem a bit more balanced than previous games I've played from here (LISA, Off, DashBored)

Lisa wasn't balanced? Like do you mean in a grindy or something else?

It's a buncha things.

Like LISA had characters that were completely useless, killed off characters (if you weren't savescumming) which would leave you to have to grind / leave you with an awkward party of ineffective dudes. Also, at least I hear, support characters got really goddamn useless near end game, compared to characters that could blow up enemies as fast as possible to avoid shit.

Off on the other hand was just way too easy. Hitting "Auto" got you through all but a bossfight or two. Not using auto was just kinda a chore, and didn't make you perform particularly better either. Maybe a more symbolic combat would have been better if it was going to so completely easy...

*grindy way

okay good, I'll pick it up when I finish Barkleys

I'll never kill myself because someone over the internet told me to.

Okay.

Don't kill yourself.

Yeah, I'm starting to realize that now after finishing the fourth day. Dialogue switches up the higher it gets in the "you" zone and it's actually pretty interesting to see the world change around you.

I think I'm taking too long to play this game because I like to exhaust all dialogue options and I never know if certain townsfolk will say something different on the next day. I feel like I want to check every place regardless if I'm told to go there just in case, which is probably going to be a bit tedious as they introduce a new location or two every day.

Cody's a fucking monster by the way. Best character.

On the second floor of the west wing, there's a tentacle just below the door (I forget if you need to take out two of them).

Anyhow, after interacting with the tentacle (like talking) it should prompt you to pour cola.

Maybe you have to knock out the one downstairs first, though? Maybe the girl has to "teach" you how to kill them before the game lets you do it.

She's on the far west area of the first floor, right next to a tentacle or two.

How far are you into Barkleys? I finished it two days ago, I can see why it got such a cult following and even a kick started second game. Which is pretty timely considering they just released some news 2 weeks ago, seems like some head way is being made.

I'm only in the tombs yet

tried

Little bump

Hoping to have a chance to start End Roll soon considering you all keep talking about it. Looks good

Finally his looks match his actions

thicc

You know that guy is like a self-insert for the gamedev, right? He's actually pretty thin and healthy looking

I hope new black daddy treats Concerned Ape right

Don't make fun of his diabetes.

Christ.
It makes sense, but it isn't for me.

bump

Mecha Nika is one of those games I want to do a Let's Play of but I'm worried I'll get a community guidelines strike if I do. That and despite looking like a Windows 95 game it runs like ass on semi-modern and modern hardware.

Optimize your shit indie developers. If it looks like it would have been on a Windows 95 computer or a 8-bit console it should require similar hardware. Fucking indie devs don't know how to optimize and that combined with a lot of them being Marxists or social justice retards is my biggest complaint about a lot of them.

It's okay but it's highly overrated. Probably got hyped to hell thanks to YouTubers and the Homestuck fandom. I'd say Undertale is an okay game. Not a great game, and most certainly not Citizen Kane, but at least it's not a Digital Homicide game.

Which is why you don't cater to Tumblr and instead shit on them constantly or ignore them like a sensible person would do. Unfortunately most streamers aren't.

youtu.be/S3i7g-dkYME

why do you keep posting this

A new test of Midori's face.
What do you think?

the old version, for comparison

Is he suposed to have greenish skin?

Not really, if you're talking about the newer one the skin is smack in the middle of yellow though.

Also
>he

talk about ten games that aren't dashbored

>Gets mad when dashbored is mentioned once
Why do you do this? It seems bad for your health

>using the mad meme invented by /v/

get out

seriously im annoyed by you right now. I'm wondering why you do this, every single thread. you've been doing this since around the end of spring, and that's a long time to do shit like this.

what's your beef with karbonic anyway?

>implying it's only one person

okay then, just what's all of your beefs with karbonic