New 740 will be a 4 cylinder

truly end times

Other urls found in this thread:

tsp-data-portal.org/Breakdown-of-GHG-Emissions-by-Sector-and-Gas#tspQvChart
youtube.com/watch?v=H6kVdEmYoRI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

fucking bmw and the save the world bullshit i wanna outrun the ocean bitches

Now we need a 760 for glorious inline 6 and 780 for superior german V8

You forgot the Ecoboost part. It'll be BMWs version of an ecoboosted 4 cylinder.

To be fair this isn't really the automakers' fault. It's the shitty liberal governments of the world increasing emission and safety standards.

740i in the states still has a 6 cyl. Nobody cares what shit they peddle in third world areas like the EU to make them affordable

So a turbo then.

Why is it only ford that has to use that faggy name for a turbo

Only the 740le version which also comes with an electric motor. There's going to be a V12 powered 760i.

because meemz dawg

And it would still make more power than your japanese shitbox

doesn't it also need to be direct injected as well?

What? That's a good thing. You have to be a true idiot if you care how many cylinders your engine has.

>be your imagination
>random g20 summit
>"user govt, what shall we do about the increasingly convincing evidence concerning man's effect on the climate?"
>"well, we would do something about that, but the Veeky Forumstists would get assmad and post furiously about it on the internet"

A fucking 4 litre 4 banger?
1920s tier 2bh

>1 liter per cylinder

It's 2016.
BMW doesn't make the engine size relate to the model number anymore.

That's a hybrid. It will accelerate like a 40i. BMW is pretty consistent with their naming.

Who cares what the poorfag tier models are powered with as long as there's a fat ass V12 somewhere.

>what should we do about the 50% share of pollution that cattle creates
>meh, fuck that let's make the 5% share of cars even lower still because it's easier than trying to make an actual difference

Be careful saying that sort of thing to normies.
They'll freak.
Don't point out the 3rd world's contribution either, or the minuscule contribution humans are making compared to natural sources.

What did you just say to me you lil bitch?

>that drivetrain

doesn't that thing have an ecu for each cylinder bank?

>he's never heard of motorcycles

Yes it does. It has basically two inline six engines sharing a crank.
That means everything is done twice, ECUS, throttles, MAFS, everything.

Sorry bud, if you were driving a REAL automobile with a REAL engine, you'd know that putting that much torque through a wimpy little chain is a bad idea

Nothin personnel, kid...

its like maintaining one car for the price of two :^)

It's like driving 3 cars for the price of one.
That insane amount of instant power is mind numbing, you won't feel much of a difference driving 100kph or 200kph, it's the same butter smooth ride in almost total silence.

>idiots who care about number of cylinders
>Americunts and muh V8
Checked

>Pulling numbers from a faggy vegan documentary
Fact check user I went to their sources, 50% was written by some guy in a magazine article who used the UNs value of 18% and basically "estimated" more parameters to fit his narrative.
I also checked literally all other proper peer reviewed journals articles relating to this, and ALL agriculture contributes ~15%. So fuck off you vegan cunt.

Self powered vehicles contribute too but energy generation is still the biggest polluter. If only it weren't for the bluepilled fags scared of nuclear we could still less cucked cars whilst still not fucking up the environment.

Typical poorfag reply
Why do you give a fuck about maintenance costs when you'll never be able to afford one anyway. And for those who can, it won't mean shit.
You're just showing your butthurt user

Lmao i Just said a random number

Poster of that V12, I am a poorfag and barely can afford maintaining it. It is a bitch and a fucking effort to keep it fed and content. And that labour ain't easy either, something as simple as changing spark plugs can set you back a hundred or more bucks easy and take anywhere from two to eight hours.

All in the name of love.

>Lmao i Just said a random number
I'm sorry butthurt by dumshit liberals pushing this propaganda

Fair enough then I guess user, can't fault your effort. But still stand by my point though, it's a top tier model, the expected clientele won't care about maintenance. They'll just get a new one when it starts acting up. And after all BMW don't make any money in the secondhand market, they care about new sales.

Have to agree with you on that one though.

[citation needed]

>cowspiracy
>not the most liberal thing this side of NAACP

Now how about some real stats:
tsp-data-portal.org/Breakdown-of-GHG-Emissions-by-Sector-and-Gas#tspQvChart

what isn't direct injected these days?

Direct injection =/= fuel injection. Most systems work by putting the injectors where a carb would be.
DI is used pretty much only in diesels and high performance petrol engines

What? Where the fuck is your reading comprehension, this was literally what my post about about here

Why do that when the 440i just came out and is an inline six?

I smell bullshit, they will keep offering |6 whatever they call it.

This is just how BMW takes idiots money to make more awesome cars. :) Right?

>convincing evidence concerning man's effect on the climate
climatologists meme models are not convincing evidence my fellow redditor.

>high performance petrol engines
like the one in the mini cooper since 2007? or the golf gti since 2004? or the peugeot 406 in 2001
thanks for telling me direct injection is different to port efi though, i totally didn't know that till now.

There will still be a button to make it sound cool tho so what's the deal if it's faster than v8

Idk, Neither of my bikes nor my mom's car has DI

There is one selling (its wrecked) for about 1000 euros here where I live.

The engine is fine though.

Its from 750i, and it hurts not to be able to give it a new home now.

I watched some rebuilding online, I would love to invest into one, just right now too much stuff going on.

Maybe it survives a couple of months without being bought.

youtube.com/watch?v=H6kVdEmYoRI

Its made with tighter margins so more efficient out of the factory, but potential of i4 will never be close to v8, unless you want turbo lag.

More like tri-turbo, if not more.

>never be close
>already constantly blows it the fuck out on the track

B-but my v8

Meh, there will never proof from statistical models. It basically reduces to a philosophical argument.

I only am saying it's natural to want to pull back on carbon emissions as we put more ppm CO2 into the air and see a correlated increase in global temperature. It's not shitty "liberal" governments as much as it is human nature. While we're on the upswing of something potentially disastrous we should want to soften the blow as much as possible.

Pulling climate change into a liberal vs conservative diatribe just makes user sound stupid. Probably watches CNN and/or Fox.

Most Japanese shitboxes haven't had DI until recently, whereas German shitboxes usually come with a decent amount of tech. No idea about Peugeot but they probably adopt a business model closer to the Germans'.

invest same tech in v8, see what happens...

s m h... u kids.

chill out dude its like a 250hp v12 in an ancient boat with a 4AT and outdated sound insulation thats not even that effective anymore

>add more weight, see what happens
lol

I'll have you know, that's 300hp and not 250.
The 4 litre V8 was somewhere around the ballpark of 250.

There will be a 440e too, that will be a hybrid like this.
All the big players had hybrids in the pipeline the last 8-10 years, they're making it to market over the next 2-3 years.

yeah bigger brakes, stronger suspension components, transmissions and engines are a meme.

better to fit smaller weaker ones and save weight

buzzword

>200 pounds of weight
>400 more horsepower
Wow so heavy

Yes, how the Civic Type-R beat the corvette on pretty much every single track ever.

>muh hp
>muh straight line speed
Drag racing goes on cuck

ur mum

Your mom, on the other hand, is direct injected hourly and sometimes carbureted so that she can feed her 14 kids.

>mfw it weighs more than the vette
thanks for proving my point you dumb weeb tosser

I just wonder, in the future, who will get wet over inline 4's with 3 baby turbos to let it keep somewhat of a normal curve, and enough ecu to make NASA jelly???

Meanwhile windsors will still be built and raced.

End of story kid.

>BMW fags literally justifying less hp

lmao

>the i4 is faster
>but if you make the v8 faster it doesn't count
Hello Ford marketing

And it's still faster
BTFO
T
F
O

You're proving his point you know

V8
sound
torque
test boost
power
potential
durability under power
simplicity (compared to i4 of similar performance)
aesthetics

i4
weight

LMAO
M
A
O

:')

>unironically being this autismal
top lel

Great, your sample size of 1(arguably 3) determines the composition of the rear of the market.

hahaha this is great.

Holy fuck you edgy contrarian brain dead cucks. You do realise we're talking about a new 7 series? What the fuck does it matter if it has muh potenshal of a V8? No actual buyer of this car will ever modify it before they get rid of it. It's a full-size executive weighing a fuck ton, the engine it has will do the job required of it with ease.

They still make trucks with 5.0l 4 cylinder engines and large stationary or boat engines can go up much higher.

yeah and they rev up to 2000 on a good day.

torque is nuts though.

Outside of heavy duty world though...

the greater internal pumping efficiencies inherent to the 4 will force every manufacturer into adopting them for nearly every role.

you shut your whore mouth

actually it will be an option
it's rumored the supposedly upcoming M7 will be available with a V12 even

Id love to see that.

Would be smart to offer high spec engines to wealthier consumers. It cant hurt the company.

I predict in the future, petrol cars will be reserved for the wealthy.

>I predict in the future, petrol cars will be reserved for the wealthy.
sooner rather than later petrol cars will disappear from public roads, but i'm pretty sure most enthusiasts will be able to afford a car and a conversion kit for LPG or Ethanol

LPG?

Or they might start an extra tax for petrol users... But the petrol industry wont give up easy, we might be one of the last gens to enjoy it (mid 20's here).

gas
rare in yurop but quite common for reasons in straya

petrol is running out, soon the saudis won't be able to hold the price down. and with competition finally starting on electric cars, we will soon see businesses ditching whole fleets of petrol cars and trucks, because it will be more viable to use electrical.

>rare in yurop but quite common for reasons in straya

cool, thanks.

So prices will fall, might be great time to score some qt's.

Im not against electric, I think it's great, I'd like to drive an E as a daily.
As long as I can keep a petrol for special occasions.

>Im not against electric, I think it's great, I'd like to drive an E as a daily.
>As long as I can keep a petrol for special occasions.
agreed
i for one welcome our new electric overlords

>i don't like thing
>lets tax it to oblivion

Or you could, you know, stop consuming so much and reduce demand for ships that use fuel in feet per gallon.

yeah, let's use teleportation instead of freight ships!

I speak the truth in other words