i.4cdn.org/wsg/1468930780372.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=2yzEgDtN1T8
alphacars.com/web/used/Volga-GAZ-24-10-1988-Boxborough-Massachusetts/23039862/
youtube.com/watch?v=dVnQcK2zZk0
youtube.com/watch?v=J6svzFhN4ng
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bump

What the fuck? That thing doesn't even look bad. Even Putman seems to like it.

Nivas are pretty cool, but unfortunately they have no passenger safetyrelevant features

Damn, look at this

B A S E D L A D A

I have a Russian friend who is into cars. He says Russian autos are all "designed to be fixed in about 20 minutes with a hammer". Most of them have known faults right from the assembly line. Russian car magazines discuss how much the buyer will have to fix himself on a given model.

Russian vehicles also come with better stock suspensions than even the aftermarket suspensions from countries with actual roads.

Said friend has a welder and milling machine that he uses to do his own repairs well past the point of economic sense.

I still can't believe this thing was partially developed by Porsche

>inb4 it was developed by the guy that usually just fixes the coffee machines at the Porsche HQ

The Niva is based bh. I would buy one if the pollution malus wasn't so high.

That's pretty based desu, the Soviet people were always stronk whereas Americans are becoming more and more nu-male everyday. If leadership was competent and American (Jewish) oligarchs not so butthurt about losing their power, the commies would've come out on top. Instead we have the current cucked America, idealism ingrained to work against the common man.

My grow up in this car. My father doesn't give a shit about it, he change the oil every 80k miles. Now car has 300k miles and its still going.

How are they lasting in Russia?

They were cheap as fuck here and consequently owned by people who never looked after them and are mostly dead now.

Don't buy this shit

t. Russian

Though I've heard that cars that go on export are magnitudes higher in quality than local

It seems whenever russian cars are mentioned most people here assume either niva or the ones from the soviet era that aren't even made anymore. The modern ones, while not being on the cutting edge look- or feature-wise, still went quite far from smoking rattling square boxes they used to be. There's still lots of the old legacy inside they suffer from though. Like having only two models of the engine, 8 and 16 valve, both hailing from the same old heavily modified 2108 engine, and a single manual gearbox, recently modified into automated version with servos pushing the clutch and shifting gears.

>Has sound

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1468930780372.webm

There's a Russian guy who runs in the ttrackdays here in Interlagos.

Volga are pretty cool

>literally a chrysler intrepid knockoff
>still better than chrysler intrepid

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, they're not cutting edge *anything* but they have to last severe winters and some of the shittiest roads on the planet. I can respect them if the average Russian car can last up to 5 years without needing major work to keep it roadworthy.

nivas are literal pieces of shit, everything breaks but the parts are super cheap and easy to replace
by no means those turds are reliable
t. owned one

>knockoff
it's rebadged

I know what you mean, although I disagree with your conclusions. IMHO Russians only appear strong because they always jump to the side of the biggest thug. Which isn't really strength or courage in the way Americans understand it.

Nothing, because you don't sell them in Europe. I know that Vesta is avaible in Hungary, but dunno about other countries. I would like to test drive sport model.

That's true, I'm just a bit of a commie so that was mostly hyperbole

>mfw the Russians can design a better looking car than a 30 billion dollar net profiting company like toyota

I don't.

Hey Veeky Forums I drive a Lada 21061 1500s which has a significant problem and think this will be a good place to ask about it.

The car is pretty old, 29 years to be precise and lately something has been going on. It runs on LPG cuz we're poor and that has caused a number of problems. First there is a small leakage we found on the gas tank itself which isn't that big of a deal and has nothing to do with the main problem. Oh yes I forget to mention what the problem is. It seem that the max of the gas pedal seems to be in the middle of it's down movement. That's where we get about 3k rpm. The problem is that anything above that makes the engine "drown" and starts to shake forward and backwards, putting the rpms down to about 2-2,5k. I thought that this was because there could've been a tear on some of the pipes leading to the vaporizer but that wasn't the case.

I have a hint that maybe there is a tear in the vaporizer membrane or smt idk. Wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if it took some major repairs to get the car back at 6k rpm.

Thanks in advance.

Also forgot to mention that the Solenoid Valve heats up more than normal.

do you know that if you slam all 4 passenger doors in a 5-door Samara at once, the rear window gets blown out?

It's literally a Chrysler Intrepid - they bought the entire production line when Chrysler was phasing Intrepid out. And then they discovered that it's designed for a 120 V, 60 Hz power grid.

>some sort of cheeki breeki dodge stratus

vesta is a new age russian exonobox. It is actualy pretty decent as far as our russkie cars go, certainly not as bad as kalina or priora. It's not spectacular by any means, but it is not a shamefur dispray either.

Prior to that, it was all the same. Absolutely horrible quality and non existant reliability, but it all actualy worked in horrific conditions and coul be repaired with duct tape, hammer and couple of nails.

Same in Russia.
When secondhand Euro/Jap cars flooded the market in the 90s, Samaras became cheap outdated POS and spare parts quality was at an all-time low, so few survive in decent condition. The facelifted versions (2113/14/15) fare better.

youtube.com/watch?v=2yzEgDtN1T8

They still race those 40-year old barges in Russia and Latvia. A very entertaining racing series, actually. No, no V8s here, ancient 2.2 4-bangers with 150 horses on a good day and ~1200 kilos of car to move.

>tfw Datsun is now a rebadged Lada

What the fuck were they thinking

>underrated

>tfw no 300hp Group B Lada

>tfw no more of this sexy booty

Goddamn this makes me so sad group B didn't last long enough.

Ultimate slav mobile created.

Compared to Chinese and Indian cars how do Russian cars fare?

Much more hammer-fixable. Less different kinds of and often have quite a lot of interchangeable parts, so it's much easier to find parts for them than for one of a million chinese snowflakes.The modern trio ditches all that, but they're actually fairly good cars.

You forgot to mention they spent a fuckton of money to build a new production facility around it as well, and then sold NOTHING.
>I was in Moscow for several times on the last 5 years and I saw ONE Volga Siber Police car and that was it.

Also top kek on the voltage thing

>I want to bring a late Volga to germany so badly

I want this one

alphacars.com/web/used/Volga-GAZ-24-10-1988-Boxborough-Massachusetts/23039862/

I love me some rugged Rooski utilitarianism, but let's not act like we'd be better off with that mindset for the entire automobile industry. I'm glad my car was made in West Germany.

>spent a fuckton of money to build a new production facility around it as well, and then sold NOTHING
At least nothing of value was lost in this case.

Genuinely sad about Aquila, as terrible as it was.

>chrome grille GAZ-24
>pristine condition
>30,000 presumably km

That shit is rare even in Russia

And its original looking too.
No knock off Chinese bullshit here

youtube.com/watch?v=dVnQcK2zZk0

VAPE NATION

Looks like a toyota century

wow this is sweet ! it puts the mustangs design to shame

>Russian
Garbage

Bet it's got a good heater!
Sort of a funny roseish shift handle.

Right on! :-)

Actually they are the same rattling shitboxes. Only tried the Granta, it's only a little bit cheaper than a base Opel Corsa here, but the building quality is just extremely awful.
Ironically the engine is the best part of the car.

>Niva
>pollution malus

Dude, what? Nivas sold here in Germany conform to the most recent pollution norm (Euro 6)

Both carbon tax and insurance on these things is practically nothing

"they are always half-broken but never break down"

here's a Volga SUV, I guess someone overdosed on krokodil when designing this

google Vesta Cross Concept, the only really good looking car (would be)

the designer is european and car 50%+ made of european components in coop with Renault-Nissan group

Sexy?

Some sort of weird Dodge Dart

youtube.com/watch?v=J6svzFhN4ng

That's neat, I have seen that car before.

I bet he wanted to get some Brazilian ass.

90s/early 00s Russian car prototypes were some of the topmost keks.

"Yeah, the economy's down the shitter and we're stuck on 1970s tech, let's start producing luxury cars!"

This one is actually kinda cool

yo this is cool as fuck

Was there any sort of car culture in the Soviet Union? Did people modify their cars at all?

You mean modify from broken into functional?

I mean did people customize their cars? Was that allowed?

>tfw have one of those in dark blue

real fucking comfy, no seat belts in the rear.

Apart from largely being pointless it would've also largely been unaffordable. I'm from East Germany and I know my dad modded a battery radio into his Trabant, but that was it.

10/10 would watch in dashcam videos