google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI

>Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator
cycle-ergo.com/

>Noob? Git gud:

>Boring webums with sounds
>Old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

e621.net/post/show/339890/2013-4_toes-abs-alcohol-all_fours-anal-anal_penetr
abc.net.au/news/2016-06-06/vision-released-police-officer-pulls-gun-on-motorist-outback-qld/7482950
examiner.com.au/story/3894762/motorcycles-stolen-from-school/?cs=95
youtube.com/watch?v=RJv4kMowTAw
vicroads.vic.gov.au/licences/licence-and-permit-types/motorcycle-licence-and-learner-permit/approved-motorcycles-for-novice-riders
youtube.com/watch?v=yDOhv0dsE_Y
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first

DO YOU LOVE ME YET

Never.

REEEEEEEEEE

Buy GS500 $600
Add new springs and oil $80.

LAMS SV650 is shit.

>turn on bike and whole bunch of warning messages go off.
>open tail to see if a connection is lose if im lucky.
>im not lucky.
>as im wiggling some wires i hear a pop sound and now the bike wont turn on at all.
>fuses are blown.
>replaces fuses and they pop instantly.
>smell something hot coming from the tail.
>unhook battery and look through the spaghetti of wires but dont fine anything.

well fuck good thing its under warranty still.

hope you fucks are having a better day.

>I don't know what I'm doing but I'm doing it anyway!

more like half assed trying.

i dont want to give them a reason to say i voided the warranty.

Which fuse popped would be a good place to start

wtf is a womply tyre?

Ugh, I'm having similar issues with my z750s. No warranty for this sucker so looks like im tearing apart my front fairing and tail. Shit sux m8.

im pretty sure its in the wiring harness. im not fucking with it anymore since its under warranty they will just replace the whole mess of wires.

what bike?

Yes it is.
you should have gotten a 400.

I actually had a look at a grey import GSR400 before I got the SV, that particular one cost too much IMO otherwise I would have had it.

Being sad on a grom unless you're on a highway

Did it by chance come with a full Yoshimura exhaust system? think i looked at the same bike lol

no idea, it was a grey one from a little store on victoria road for $6k

I also nearly had a CB400 but it was gone by the time I could call the seller about it (mint tricolour with 9,000 km for 5 grand)

>tfw you have to go with your dad to take his road test

Should be the other way around, the tables have turned on my faggot dad.

6k is pretty good for a gsr, i nearly bought one for 8.5 with 800km on the clock but ended up buying my cb400 for 6.5 with 2300 on the clock (prices without rego/insurance)

S-source?

didn't really matter if it was a decent price or not, it was just too much for my budget at the time (5k) the SV came in at $4800 after the owner very generously dropped $200 off the asking price for no apparent reason with 0 bartering from me.

bummer, ah well you are off lams soon arent you?
i still have a year and a bit...

>tfw LAMS SV

e621.net/post/show/339890/2013-4_toes-abs-alcohol-all_fours-anal-anal_penetr

:^)

More shit than an al7?

going 200kmh in Australia seems like it would be scarier than in other places around the world.
maybe russia would be worse but that road looks sketchy.

thanks

meant for

Thank you fellow furfag

it's a bit bumpy but at least it's straight

nope. Got my green Ps (thanks NSW!) about 6 months ago so another year and a half of SV-dom to go.

Then I'm just gonna replace it with a beater litre (until I stack it).

The kicker is that I actually got a motorcycle license when I was 18 (or 17) back in tasmania but very stupidly let it lapse because I had no bike and was worried about passing the MOST test with no practice (in retrospect, it would have been a piece of piss on those CB125Es)

Could be on fulls now but that's life ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We do have the second longest straight road in the world though.

Yiff on motobros

>cb125
they use scorpio225 in ACT, it's pretty much impossible to faildd

>not trying to do 200km/h on roads you shouldn't be doing over 100km/h on
its the best way to have fun on a shitbike.

IMPOSTOR

oh and the plod are worse than the bumps.

abc.net.au/news/2016-06-06/vision-released-police-officer-pulls-gun-on-motorist-outback-qld/7482950

we had KLX250 supermotos in tasmania which actually got fucking stolen by fuckheads (got recovered though) this year.

It was great though, because I'd gotten bigger and older obviously it literally felt like i was riding my old DR-Z125 lmao.

examiner.com.au/story/3894762/motorcycles-stolen-from-school/?cs=95

>tfw "lams" GSX650F
It gets to about 250kmh when you really wind it out

we had them for our lams test in Victoria as well, it fucked me over because i kept getting yelled at for riding it like a dirt bike, the knob jockey was telling me to lean into corners, stop putting my leg out and not to hold 2 fingers over the clutch.

my response was its a dirt bike.

so you went through DECA training yeah?

the biggest of the 650s
[spoiler]pigfat[/spoiler]

wouldnt that be the striple?

>doesnt even ride a bike that weighs 5x as much as him.

Get a load of this guy

Striples 246kg wet? and only 85hp

very nice rvf
I've always wanted one
isn't thr striple like 180kg wet?

arent the striple and the mt-07 the only lams bikes over 600cc that don't get restricted though?

Not with LAMs power, it isn't. No where near that.
This. The Street Triple 660 is the biggest of the LAMs bikes.

They're both quite restricted.

I bought it on a whim. So glad I did. Its so much better to ride than the GSXF except the torks
Have no idea honestly. Havent looked at the MT07 and Striple because they're out of my price range.
>"lams"
It actually was accidentally rego'd as lams when it has the full power ECU

DECA yep.

I got into trouble for sneaking into 3rd gear.

MT-07 is 100% restricted, it has a different displacement to a normal MT in the first place.

and there are plenty that don't, the SZR660 is a good example, all the 650 cruisers etc. (excluding the obvious dirt shitbikes).

I believe the NTV650 doesn't either.

the striple can be mostly derestricted, but not to the 100 hp of the full beans item, more like 80 ish.

I've dragged a derestricted lams striple on the SV and it juuuust edged away, with that being said he probably weighed a bit less than me too.

What i dont get is how 300cc 2t dirt bikes are LAMS when they weigh like 120kg and have 65hp

I almost bought one, but the guy sold it about an hour before I could pick it up
is it high maintenance?

Ive had it for like 4 months now. I havent been on it as much as I'd like, but it seems pretty reliable. Im just gonna keep on top of maintenance and let it warm up before you go crazy

Because fuck the police
(they are closer to 55bhp and 110kg btw)

How much worse would an older base model street triple be over an sv650/fz07/etc?

I realize more power is an argument, but it comes on similarly to the commonly suggested 650~ish twins with more top end. Are the basic striple brakes and suspension that much more unforgiving? They even come in restricted models for EU/Aus licensing requirements while retaining the basic model brakes and suspension

the way I've heard it explained is almost all dirtbikes come really plugged up which most dealers basically undo immediately, it's how they pass emissions despite being as hi tech as a boomerang for the most part.

So the actual manufacturer reported power figures that come up with you look up the VIN code are really, really low IIRC. I swear I've looked into this before and they reckon 450s and other shit are making 30 hp or something.

are those the original fairings? or replacements
it looks like it's in really good nick

I saw one guy on his L plates this last month on a brand new Beta 300RR and literally power wheelieing everywhere, saw him this week, its scratched to shit the plastics are broken.
That makes sense but, why the fuck cant the 250cc 2 stroke sport bikes of the 90's be lams then. Surely they're similar power to weight

Original fairings. They show their wear but still in relatively good condition for a 22 year old bike

Because the government can't realistically tell people they need to ride a 125cc enduro bike in Australias bush when 14 year olds are racing 450cc mx bikes that make more power.
Basically the government actually recognized that there is a huge off road riding community they would be putting unreasonable restrictions on.

its just a loop hole that you can ride them on the road with the lams laws, won't be surprised if they are taken off the LAMS list once all the states adopt recreation registration.

youtube.com/watch?v=RJv4kMowTAw

>you will never travel back in time to the 90s

thems a $12,000 bike i have been looking at buying one for an upgrade from my 300 but it will take 3 months just to get to the shop if i decide to go through with it.
bit silly riding one on the road lol, you can't really keep the front wheel down on a 300 so its just asking for hooning fines.

SV owner, unashamed fanboy and man who has ridden 2-3 MT-07s every now and then, no fucking doubt about it a striple is just a better bike than both, no beating around the bush here it'll just rape either in terms of satisfaction of ownership for the most part.

There's no such thing as better suspension being more unforgiving, the opposite is true, the striple will deal with bumps better, you get less unsettled over bumpy corners, you can just focus on riding more.

I don't feel like the sensitive brakes thing is much of an argument either, just use less fingers.

Basically the way they set the rules up is all 250 bikes (and under) no matter what are LAMS legal....but they then made specific exceptions for the RGVs, Kr-1s, NSR250s, RS250s etc.

Which..I mean... look at the way the learners treat MC22s, you really want to banish all the qt RGVs to the same fate?

I do wish i was my age now in 1990.
best dacade to be alive and riding motorcycles.

Funny thing is the 250cc 2 strokes were legal on the old laws where you had 3 months of L plates and 1 year of P plates, could also get your learners when you were 17 back then

I know. I wish I had $12,000 of disposable income. It looked so beautiful before he fucked it.
I dont want to banish the RGV's to that fate. I want to horde then and nurture them to myself. Dream baiku is currently a Lucky Strike RGV250

Automotive Tafe teacher was telling me he had a RD250 frame with a RD350 motor in it on his L plates. Was the fastest thing in his town, compared to like V8 falcadoors

>be in middle lane
>cop behind me
>pickup truck full of mexicans in right lane
>right before the light they cut me off and go right into the left lane to turn
>turn around and look at cop
>he gives me thumbs up
>lights them up instantly
>mfw swift justice was served

No live streaming from MotoGP testing in Austria, but this is the next best thing:

livetiming(dot)raceresults(dot)nu/redbullring#screen-results

Check out "Tracker" at the top too with the numbers showing.

ayy I know those feels don't get me wrong.

Funny you say they only restricted the 2 stroke 250's, im looking at the lams list and i see no
GSR400, VFR400, FZR400, or ZXR400, only one on there is the RVF400.
vicroads.vic.gov.au/licences/licence-and-permit-types/motorcycle-licence-and-learner-permit/approved-motorcycles-for-novice-riders
Looking at it i don't think the CB400sf is actually a LAMS approved bike, the CB400 is on there but i think its talking about pic related not the NC31/NC39/NC42 otherwise it would specify CB400sf

Hnnnggg nice. Fuck spics

Forgot to add as a beginner bike

The brakes being much stronger than other suggested beginner bikes is the only reasonable argument I've heard, mainly in panic situations. But from what I can find, only the R/RX have the Daytona brakes and the base model brakes aren't nearly as good

CB400SF should be under the Kw/tonne ratio. The RVF is and its lighter and has the same power

You seen to have already decided what you're gonna to.

If you want an echo chamber then ask for one.

*do

yeah just weird they wouldnt specify seen as they do with every other bike.
whats the kw/tonne ratio thats allowed?
cb400sf is around 200kw/tonne iirc

Isn't it 150kW/tonne ?

it's 150 kw/t but includes an assumed rider + gear and luggage etc. weight of 90kg added onto the basic bike weight.

150 with rider added sounds about right

Just trying to get an idea of why the middleweight 650~ish twins are so highly suggested and the striple is just kinda thrown into the same 'no beginners allowed' category as the SuperSports and etc.

Idk, maybe it's because one is 75 hp and the other is 120 hp

they're rarer
they're more expensive to maintain
less forgiving to fuck up on
not as cute as an sv650
made in britain (pommy cunts)
do you need any more reasons?

... because it's too powerful?

The 650's make life 70hp tops, the Street Triple has an entire Ninja 250's worth of power on top of that, probably more.

What's so wrong with getting a conventional learner bike, riding it for a year and then selling it for a Street Triple? Unless you crash it, you won't lose much money on it and you can save up for the Triumph while you cut your teeth on something that won't assfuck you sideways when you make mistakes or poor decisions.

yeah at that stage you may as well start on a gixxer 750 or something

still?
you should change to still no z125 pro desu

Hi /dbt/, i might buy a gs500, is there anything i should look out for with that bike in particular.

What are some must-do mods to it?

Selling it or not buying one in the first place.

How long do sportbike tires last? They are sport, not sport touring

look at the back tire in OP's picture

I normally get about 5000km before the rear looks like pic related, front normally lasts around 8000 so ill let the rear go a bit more bald before replacing them.

What does the z125 have over the grom?

its not a honda

Reminder that there is a market for these

That aside what does it have

I'm just memeing, I have no idea

Daily reminder that Japanese manufacturers are on suicide watch for 2017
youtube.com/watch?v=yDOhv0dsE_Y

what abuse do you render upon that poor defeated doggo.

Everyone tells me to expect less than 5000 km out of a q3.

atrocious bars, I can't turn them more than an inch either way without banging my knees leading to the most embarrassing motorcycle drop of all time.

>Daily reminder that Japanese manufacturers are on suicide watch for 2017

The only threat ktm pose to the Japs is if its bike breaks in half on a straight and takes out their bikes in the process

ktm a shit

Been a long time coming lads, I can now shitpost stale webms at lightning speed.

Someone help me with my autism, do they sell these singularly?